Cod1 map downloads

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

-nUMb
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Cod1 map downloads

Post by -nUMb » February 25th, 2008, 3:18 am

I just installed cod1 today to jump again and I can't download any of the files...it just keeps re-trying 2 map files over and over. I even tried downloaded the two from the database and it just did the same to the next two map files. Now its on a map that isn't in your database and so i can't even download it and put it in the folder manually...Any solution to the problem? something I can do myself that doesn't require me to re-install cod1 nor download every single file separately? =/

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cod1 map downloads

Post by Pedsdude » February 25th, 2008, 5:17 am

The servers don't run all the maps that are on the download page, so what I would do is check what map is playing, go to the website, download the map, load up CoD again, turn Allow downloading to Off/No, and then rejoin the server.

-nUMb
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by -nUMb » February 25th, 2008, 5:36 am

So your saying I need to download the maps seperately? That sucks =/ It's gunna take awhile v.v

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 25th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Well I rarely get to play on it anyway, so I haven't noticed any issues.

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » March 1st, 2008, 1:57 pm

Zip all the maps that are used on the servers and name them accordingly, "CoD1 CJ Map Pack" etc. Makes it easier for everyone.

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » March 1st, 2008, 7:54 pm

JDogg wrote:Zip all the maps that are used on the servers and name them accordingly, "CoD1 CJ Map Pack" etc. Makes it easier for everyone.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAP PACKS ARE THE DEVIL
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

9mm
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by 9mm » March 2nd, 2008, 2:04 am

As nightmare said map packs on servers are bad, but I dont think that is what Jdogg ment. I think he means just put all the pk3's into one .rar file so they can all be downloaded with one click. Then just extract all pk3's into your main folder from the single file.

You can also just download them from my server the majority of the time. The problems is that since I do not pay for webhosting I am forced to use free sites. Their bandwidth limit is a meager 2gb so that does not last very long. Most of the time I will get a few days from that. However, I have a few different accounts on the site I switch between :lol: The problem occurs between the time the bandwidth runs out and when I am notified of the situation. However, I have also been looking into possible solutions since I have noticed an increase in the number of people that have been playing on my server. Due to the recent influx of people the bandwidth is depleted more often which leads to your errors downloading.

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » March 3rd, 2008, 9:26 am

9mm wrote:As nightmare said map packs on servers are bad, but I dont think that is what Jdogg ment. I think he means just put all the pk3's into one .rar file so they can all be downloaded with one click. Then just extract all pk3's into your main folder from the single file.

You can also just download them from my server the majority of the time. The problems is that since I do not pay for webhosting I am forced to use free sites. Their bandwidth limit is a meager 2gb so that does not last very long. Most of the time I will get a few days from that. However, I have a few different accounts on the site I switch between :lol: The problem occurs between the time the bandwidth runs out and when I am notified of the situation. However, I have also been looking into possible solutions since I have noticed an increase in the number of people that have been playing on my server. Due to the recent influx of people the bandwidth is depleted more often which leads to your errors downloading.
Thats what I mean, rar zip whatever :D

YaNo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by YaNo » April 13th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Nightmare wrote:
JDogg wrote:Zip all the maps that are used on the servers and name them accordingly, "CoD1 CJ Map Pack" etc. Makes it easier for everyone.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAP PACKS ARE THE DEVIL
You have one at codfiles.com :wink:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 13th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Maybe he didn't upload it, himself? :P

Also, map packs to download can be handy, but map packs on servers are just annoying.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 14th, 2008, 4:26 am

Couldn't be bothered to check.

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » April 14th, 2008, 8:15 pm

Made that thing a long time ago, before I had real knowledge about how things could conflict. I thought about taking if off, but people have asked me so often if I have a map pack that I decided to keep it up.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]