[cod2] jm_contrast NEW MAP by: 'Pnin.

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Pnin
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

[cod2] jm_contrast NEW MAP by: 'Pnin.

Post by Pnin » November 7th, 2009, 11:13 pm

It's been a while, comin out with my new map.... Hmm what can i say about it... It's really kinda connected with the name, really colorful.. Textures are most of all from Rezil, I should say thanks to him...
Map includes new techniques of bounces, for example ''height bounce'' and ''cod4 style bounce''. It's really weird stuff, ppl wont even understand it whats goin on there. It may be really difficult and confusing for first time, but like always ppl get used to everything. Got something like bounces in cod4, but it boosts up you a little bit less than in cod4. New engine is kinda powerful and better.
As Rezil said, theres maybe a little bit too much of lights...But I don't mind. There's a lot of contrast :P ... I should write warning somewhere, theres a lot of lightness...It can hurt your eyes...But you will see in the new map.

About the gameplay...
This map is maybe not really good designed at some places, but the thechniques and the jumps own. If you know how to do it, can get pretty awesome then. It includes very all kinds of jumps, strafe, chrouch strafe, few techniques of bounces, more and more. You should test it all.

I already made the tutorial ''how to do the weirdest jumps in the map''. Don't have the video online atm,
because of my really pro internet line...damn It's slow... I'll post it tommorow if there won't be any uploading problems.

Got some screenshots here If you are interested:

The very first room of the map:

Some room near the end:

Height bounce:

Just some room in the middle of the map:

Maybe a bit more realistic place:

The ''glassy'' part:

Whole map overview; there's just one part hidden behind:

So thats some screenshots... The mapping process is around 97%, almost done, just have to fix some scripts, mistakes in mapping, shit like that.... This could take a week or something, expect it soon. Depends on my lazyness, stuff with school.. Just in times when we have a lot of exams, gotta take a little bit more time for studying, doing homeworks and that crap....

Till then, just rock on!

PS: I will put the video link on youtube tomorrow, when I finish with uploading.... Stay tuned!
'Pnin.

EDIT: Here is the video

Have fun!

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Re: [cod2] jm_contrast NEW MAP by: 'Pnin.

Post by aicaramba » November 8th, 2009, 2:02 pm

I dont like the first of the jumps in the video.. I think all maps should be possible without savemod.
The map itself does look cool.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Pnin
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Pnin » November 9th, 2009, 8:54 pm

aicaramba wrote:I dont like the first of the jumps in the video.. I think all maps should be possible without savemod.
The map itself does look cool.
Thank you.
Well, this first jump called ''boost bounce'' wasn't made of purpose, I dont remeber properly what i was doing there...
For first was normal bounce, then I saved weird like It's shown in the video, and It really boosted me up. I was just thinking thats cool, might be some new bouncejump stuff..
Yes, sad It's possible only with saving. I agree with you ai caramba that all maps should be possible without saving.. But that was kinda new invention by me and I couldnt resist to put it in my map.

Have fun, mapping is finished, just some scripts messin me up. Comming soon probably.

Neet
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Neet » November 9th, 2009, 9:14 pm

I like the overall design of the map. It's quite interesting. I heard the "boost bounce" is quite hard.

Anyway I'm looking forward to play it. Keep up the good work. :)

Kryptonic
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Kryptonic » December 6th, 2009, 11:55 pm

It your best map so far imo!
The "boost bounce" requires luck, so it may take you some time to do it.
I love the high bounce, which I'm not able to f*****n redo >.<

Pnin
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Pnin » December 8th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Yup thanks. I will finish this map I guess really soon (this can take long :D)... There are still triggers f***** me, lets hope ill fix them. But last times Im pretty busy with everything....so....