Cod4 elevator montage!

Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Cod4 elevator montage!

Post by Louw » July 24th, 2009, 10:55 am

thx for tutorial! i can do it quiet easily now ofc with 800 fps and codjumper mod xD

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » July 24th, 2009, 11:15 am

i hate evevator glitch because it takes the fun out of jumping coz now anyone can get on top of building doing that crappy way or you can use real skill and it the jumping way:/

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » July 24th, 2009, 1:58 pm

.xD, very good explanation.

I personally still can't do it because I just fail at life, but yeah, thanks for taking the time to explain :)
-

atze<3
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by atze<3 » July 24th, 2009, 2:10 pm

i was waiting for the first topic "COD4 ELEVATER MONTAGE" and here we go :roll:

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » July 24th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Atze and you like this shit ?? :x
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

atze<3
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by atze<3 » July 24th, 2009, 2:30 pm

ofc not

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 24th, 2009, 2:32 pm

.xD wrote:I think Ill give a go at trying to explain it, hopefully it will help.

First, you will need to find something off the ground, and that can only be crouched in. A good way to check if you are on the CJ mod is to crouch and save in the window/spot, then get out and load standing up, if you are shot out, it should work as an elevator. You will also need a side wall, in order to edge out.

Now the very boring/frustrating/time consuming/etc. part. Now normally to get to the edge you lean the opposite direction and move out. This however is not the very edge of that lip. This is where you need an edge of something i.e. a Window's sides. At this point you need to not back up with the default S Key, but you are going to need to "Slide" (for lack of a better word) out along the side-section of that window using the default D Key. You may notice that you keep falling even though you are at the very edge, well chances are, you aren't. This is where all the pixel/angle talk is going to start, so get ready.

Note: For this part, I am assuming you are on the Right side of the window, up against the Right Side wall.

You need to look at the ledge you are on and "line-up" the pixels of that ledge. Now this can be hard to see but what I think a good example of what it looks like can be seen in MS Paint. When you draw a Straight Line in paint, then move one point, the line "breaks up" in a way that its still touching, but it isn't a straight line. One Pixel Up means One Break in the line, and one "break" is what you are going to need. Once you have the line straight as can be, you need to turn your mouse literally THE SMALLEST AMOUNT POSSIBLE (One Break)! This is very irritating to get right, and can take a few tries, but once you have the Line that you Straightened with one Break-Point in it ( This could also be seen as the smallest angle to the Straight Line that you lined up, and the new line that you see, that is Rotated/Broken the smallest amount.)

It's a very hard concept to explain, but I hope you guys understand what Im trying to say, so heres a small overview of what you did:
1. Edged out the way you normally would with Leaning
2. Looked Straight down as far as you can (TIP: It helps to Aim down the sights)
3. While looking straight down, you turned so the line of the window is Completely Straight
4. Turned towards the Side you are on as slightly as possible

Now that you have the Line "Broken" or what ever you want to call it as little as possible, you are going to Tap your D Key (You can hold it down if you have a while to go yet) and should notice that you are slowly moving back. Since you have the Line with the smallest amount of breaks as possible, when you "Slide" back, the *one pressing of the key* or one tap of it RIGHT BEFORE you fall of means you are As far out as Physically Possible. This is where you are going to want to save, as now, you should be in the Elevator, and a Simple Spacebar press (Default for jump...) will trigger it.

Im not sure why Game-wise it does this ( Or if anybody does or ever will) but it Does work and If you just cant seem to get it, start the process over! It is very time consuming at first when you are trying to get the hang of it, but when you get it, its kind of funny :D

This is the best I can try to Explain it, and if you need more help, fell free to contact me (Xfire: lolzwutk)!
tvm man you seem to be alot better at explaining it than i am

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » July 24th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Sniper44 wrote:i hate evevator glitch because it takes the fun out of jumping coz now anyone can get on top of building doing that crappy way or you can use real skill and it the jumping way:/
Shitty glitches, i left cod WaW beacuse all it was, was glitches, no good jumps. And now its coming to cod4 :(. Tbh i wouldnt mind a patch to fix this gay glitch lol :P

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 24th, 2009, 3:34 pm

matt101harris wrote:
Sniper44 wrote:i hate evevator glitch because it takes the fun out of jumping coz now anyone can get on top of building doing that crappy way or you can use real skill and it the jumping way:/
Shitty glitches, i left cod WaW beacuse all it was, was glitches, no good jumps. And now its coming to cod4 :(. Tbh i wouldnt mind a patch to fix this gay glitch lol :P
its not like you can elevate onto every building its only very few

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » July 24th, 2009, 4:27 pm

hmm searched alot coudnt find any new ones, just to bad would be nice on for example crossfire to get on the big building :P

lotus
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by lotus » July 24th, 2009, 4:29 pm

Louw wrote:hmm searched alot coudnt find any new ones, just to bad would be nice on for example crossfire to get on the big building :P
i tried one to do that on the lowest balcony of the big crossfire building, jump down to the window under it, it an odd shaped window(when you try to move you curve around it) but you still might be able to do it (i gave up).

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » July 24th, 2009, 6:52 pm

found some on vacant also a way on the roofs there

check the demo's if u wanne movie it or something xD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Dude
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by The Dude » July 24th, 2009, 7:35 pm

[quote="matt101harris]Shitty glitches, i left cod WaW beacuse all it was, was glitches, no good jumps. And now its coming to cod4 :(. Tbh i wouldnt mind a patch to fix this gay glitch lol :P[/quote]

i dont think it turn the game to a shit game like waw, its to hard to handle and not usefull in a normal game ... for me its only for fun on the cj server ...

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » July 24th, 2009, 7:43 pm

doesnt work on cod2 lol :p

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » July 24th, 2009, 8:09 pm

yea since they are realllly hard it doesnt really ruin the game bcuz its too hard to really do in pub...