Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Nightmare » June 1st, 2009, 8:24 pm

Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Left 4 Dead 2

Post by Infinite » June 1st, 2009, 10:44 pm

Might turn into the next CoD (in terms of releases) :lol:
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 2nd, 2009, 12:13 am

Beat me to it. I think what they are doing is a much more open ended feel (a lot more weapons) as well as maybe some more open gameplay. I recall in the commentaries they started making it non-linear, but changed their minds. Perhaps they've found a solution. Also, I'm expecting them to use the Orange Box as a base engine judging by one of the melee sounds being the sound of the bat from TF2.

With any other game developer I'd be incredibly skeptical, but since it is Valve I'm just excited.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » June 2nd, 2009, 9:02 am

Soviet wrote:Beat me to it. I think what they are doing is a much more open ended feel (a lot more weapons) as well as maybe some more open gameplay. I recall in the commentaries they started making it non-linear, but changed their minds. Perhaps they've found a solution. Also, I'm expecting them to use the Orange Box as a base engine judging by one of the melee sounds being the sound of the bat from TF2.

With any other game developer I'd be incredibly skeptical, but since it is Valve I'm just excited.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the bat sound :P. People have been complaining about playing the same old levels over and over again, instead of releasing more maps, why not make a whole new game?. Chainsaws and melee weapons would be awesome to use too, I can see the huntsman coming in handy against swarms of Zombies hehe. What do you guys think of the new group?.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » June 2nd, 2009, 3:42 pm

JDogg wrote:
Soviet wrote:Beat me to it. I think what they are doing is a much more open ended feel (a lot more weapons) as well as maybe some more open gameplay. I recall in the commentaries they started making it non-linear, but changed their minds. Perhaps they've found a solution. Also, I'm expecting them to use the Orange Box as a base engine judging by one of the melee sounds being the sound of the bat from TF2.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice the bat sound :P. People have been complaining about playing the same old levels over and over again, instead of releasing more maps, why not make a whole new game?. Chainsaws and melee weapons would be awesome to use too, I can see the huntsman coming in handy against swarms of Zombies hehe. What do you guys think of the new group?.
I bet that the fat black guy will die first in every game.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 2nd, 2009, 10:15 pm

JDogg wrote:What do you guys think of the new group?.
Is that honestly the new group? I would watch the trailer but French bitch of a housemate is lagging my internet so it's taking forever to buffer. If those are the characters, I can't see myself buying the game. Half of the attraction of Left 4 Dead was the characters, and from looking at that picture my initial thought is that of annoyance.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » June 3rd, 2009, 4:32 am

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6211061/

It actually starts a few minutes in, but gives some very good information, even though the interviewer is annoying.

5 versus/coop campaigns that link together going from the SE to New Orleans through the grand course of the campaign, 3 new zombie types, 20 weapons/items, survival will be occurring again, a new game mode to be released later on in development, AI Director 2.0 allows dynamic weather and dynamic pathways through levels, coming out November 17.

Other than the characters I'm pretty excited. Of course, recall how much the characters evolved over the course of development of the original L4D, I'm sure it will get much better.
ImageImageImage

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » June 3rd, 2009, 7:23 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... dead/50356

New footage.
Stuff learned:
Still needs a lot of work. The Charger (The new Tank) got stuck on the wall.
The Witch was also stuck in an animation pose.
The lighting is really bright, reminds me of TF2.

Hopefully Valve will have something a little more fine tuned upon release. :P

And more footage:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... dead/50348
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09 ... dead/50350
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 3rd, 2009, 4:45 pm

L4D is fun for a bit. But if you don't play with friends (So just go in random servers) it sucks 90% of the time because most players are bad.

Good game, gets repetetive fast, playing randomly sucks big time since this game relies 100% on teamwork and that is piss hard to achieve with random people.

Play with friends and it's a good game. Play with random and the game sucks. It's a pity.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 3rd, 2009, 5:10 pm

Wow, it literally looks like a slightly updated Left 4 Dead. Definately won't be buying this unless it's reasonably cheap (which it won't be).

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » July 4th, 2009, 3:11 am

ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 4th, 2009, 4:53 pm

won't see that many differences tbh.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » November 3rd, 2009, 11:36 pm

Demo available for everyone at steam.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 3rd, 2009, 11:48 pm

It's awesome, and will probably be one of if not the best game out this year (still wondering about Dragon Age: Origins). If you pre-order it with 3 friends for a 4 pack it works out to just about $35 each, which is not a bad deal at all.
ImageImageImage

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » November 4th, 2009, 6:33 pm

I played it, I like it, however, it does have some things.
For one, i get good FPS (no lag) at max settings, but the game does freeze for a few seconds quite oftenly.
Also, I miss the creepy unconfortable music (allthough I dont know if l4d1 had that in all missions).
P.S.V. Kampioen!