CoDJumper WaW Mod - Beta Problems/Suggestions

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

CoDJumper WaW Mod - Beta Problems/Suggestions

Post by Drofder2004 » November 22nd, 2008, 4:44 pm

CoDJumper Waw - mod development is officially over. Only if a patch causes problems will I be doing anything more to it.

All effort will be going in to CoD:MW and MW2 mods.

No feedback, suggestions or problems reported.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CoDJumper WaW Mod - Beta Problems/Suggestions

Post by Pedsdude » December 15th, 2008, 2:49 am

- Bayonet Jumping (To be considered)
Treyarch mentioned that they are going to fix this in the next patch, so I don't think it's worth considering doing anything with it for the mod.

Some suggestions from me:

- Additional punishments
Currently we've got force to spectate and kill. How about a tabun gas punishment? Also, when you are in close proximaty to a signal flare your vision becomes very restricted and bright white/red, perhaps you could add that as a punishment?

- Dogs
I was playing around on the server and if you get enough kills in a row you can get artillery and dogs. They don't harm you, but the dogs are particularly amusing when they attack you as they slow you down. Perhaps you could add a punishment where dogs chase after one specific person? I'm guessing this won't be possible / will be hard to do as the dogs tend to attack everyone other than the person who sent them, so getting them to target an individual person might not be a plausible option. If it is possible, perhaps an additional feature of the dogs being invincible so that the person isn't able to do anything until the admin stops them.

- Custom classes
Currently you're not able to create custom classes (or at least I'm not a high enough rank to be able to), so enabling this could be convenient.

- Icons / skins
I think this was mentioned in previous discussions about the CoD4 mod, but was never implemented. Perhaps you could add some sort of special symbol which appears over an admin's head in order to distinguish him from other players in the server. I seem to remember Soviet saying something about possibly making a special skin for admins in order to make them stand out from other players, maybe this would also be possible?

That's all I can think of for now ;)

---
Ray gun as the standard pistol for admins (equivalent of gold deagle in CoD4 mod for cj_promote).

The President
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by The President » December 15th, 2008, 10:36 pm

Problem:

We can't boost people by shooting them, and we can without the mod. (I think that's because it's been set not to give damage from other players)

[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: :(, you have no heard!
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: head*
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: heart * !
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: ffs that joke failed
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: fuck you :(

[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: indeed!
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: mes gay :(
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: i kissed a boy!

[18:02] Damselflies<3MyDog: as far as i kno, men cant be pregnant

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » December 23rd, 2008, 7:42 pm

Some more problems/suggestions:

- Remove special grenades
Smoke, Tabun, Signal Flares etc. need removing as people annoy others with them.

- Ranks
If you get to level 65, you show up as level 54 in the server. I know we had this as a feature for CoD4 but people got annoyed if they reached level 55 and only showed up as level 54. I think this should be removed totally, so that cj_promote gives level 65 (10th Prestige) and others can reach whatever level they wish.

- cj_promote
Could we also make it so that you can promote someone by name and/or partial name, like some of the other features. It would be convenient to bind a key to promote a name (i.e. yourself) rather than having to find your ID each time.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 24th, 2009, 11:17 pm

(24/01/09)
Updates and Fixes are LIVE! Test them and report back.

(Donated servers may not yet be live, admins can download from: Here

Edit: Sorry, back down.
Edit: Back up working, with adjustments.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 25th, 2009, 4:06 am

Works fine as I noticed, couldn't see any issues and the bits you added appeared to work. Would you be able to post a list of the weapons? The admin has a magnum, not a raygun (but I guess you know that!).

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » January 25th, 2009, 4:52 am

i guess you probably know already but whatever, its a kinda obvious bug but u might by too busy to test mod or whatever, ur doing a really nice job :D

well the rpg went from 2 to 4 which is rly nice so nice job however its still not infinite but i guess you know it.

so well nice job. hope ull find how to fix it :P
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 25th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Sadly, I found out that the raygun is an SP only weapon (from what I can see, but I will test further).
As for RPG's not auto-restocking, that is purely because I did not add the cript in.

Yesterday I was on the server before it went live to see what people were doing. I noticed a few people using RPG's and a few using the bayonet. The version that was going to be loaded live, had neither of those 2 in there. So only stock jumping and bounces would be possible, which obviously would not be good. So I quickly added them both recompiled and it went live straight from there.

I will get round to an auto-restock function soon. I want to end the beta version soon, and the full release version shall contain an optional (for CJ use mainly) Low Pings advertisement. Once that advertisement is in place, we may be able to secure a second server.

The release version will be all features working with logos. Future release versions will have layout and graphical changes and hopefully a few new fun features.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 25th, 2009, 5:49 pm

OK, in terms of an icon to go above admins' heads, what dimensions / filetype do you want it? I could go about creating one perhaps.

Also, I have another suggestion - the ability to do 'punish' to everyone, not just one person.

_DanTheMan_
PC Team
PC Team

Post by _DanTheMan_ » January 25th, 2009, 6:20 pm

The Ray Gun would just require moving the ray_gun SP file to the MP weapons folder and doing weapon,mp/ray_gun in the mod.CSV (Custom weapon file).... Or it might be possible to somehow load the weapon straight from the SP folder, not entirely sure on that though..

Aside from that you'd need sound aliases because the Ray Gun was default SP.

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » January 25th, 2009, 7:56 pm

ray guns can work in mp, almost any zom mod for mp has a ray gun in it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 26th, 2009, 12:25 am

Like I said, will look into it :)

As for a head icon, just design a standard 2 icon, 128x128 for now, no amazing detail and I will scale it down when I need to.

#Strike:.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by #Strike:. » January 30th, 2009, 5:43 am

I like you idea peds lol :)

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

IrishStorm
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by IrishStorm » February 9th, 2009, 1:36 pm

Vote's
can admins can over rule vote's because lets face it random vote kickers are very annoying
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

#Strike:.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by #Strike:. » February 9th, 2009, 3:56 pm

i guess now (take out bazooka) and all the other ideas seem fine except maybe ammo

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]