Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

De$t!ny
Past/Inactive Team Member

CoD:WaW worth buying?

Post by De$t!ny » November 17th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Hi all!

I hope most of you still remember me, it's been a while since I've been here. Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys if you think cod5 is worth buying for mp? I was actually going to buy it last friday but the HMV I went to didn't sell pc games, so I got mirror's edge instead. If I did get cod5 I probably wouldn't be doing much codjumping though, no time to do anything now I'm working :(

For those of you wondering what I'm up to these days, I've finished doing my Masters degree a couple of months ago and I'm now working as a software testing consultant at Sogeti UK (could have guessed I would end up in testing). I'm also helping a friend start up his software company (more specifically video games 8) ) so I'll be doing coding, testing and other stuff.

So let me know if you think it's worth me getting cod5, and if you have any questions about anything then feel free to ask me.

Destiny

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Re: CoD:WaW worth buying?

Post by Infinite » November 17th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Well, its a lot like the CoD4 multiplayer, but in a WWII format, so if u liked the CoD4 MP then you'll probably like this one. The SP was VERY good imo, but it ended a bit short. Overall, i think its worth it to at least try it out and play with some buddies from time to time.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 17th, 2008, 11:35 pm

What infinite said.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Post by JDogg » November 18th, 2008, 5:36 am

Heya Destiny, nice to see you again. Infinite is totally right, also the tanks in MP are pretty fun, unless you are the one being killed by them, and SP was my favorite.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 18th, 2008, 12:27 pm

I personally thought CoD4 MP was better. But CoD5 is defo a lot of fun. Also included is a Zombie gamemode. Been playing that with Peds and some of my clanmates, I promise you that that's a LOT of fun. Requires good skills and communication.

Only downside about some maps is that they are fucking huge! (Outskirts and Seelow)
Good for tank battles but I kinda get annoyed by them now. Just like I did in UO at a certain point, that's why we only had jeeps on our server, no more tanks. Speaking of jeeps, they aren't in this game :(

All in all, go buy it, it's worth it.

Also nice to hear from you, very good news! 8)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 18th, 2008, 2:38 pm

i find that using the kar with a bayonet is the funnest weapon in the game ^^. with stopping power, its just about always a 1-hit kill if u hit them in the chest and the bayonet makes it look cool xD.

and Wow, i don't think i've ever seen that many people agree with me before :O (2 ftw)!!!
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

De$t!ny

Post by De$t!ny » November 18th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'll get cod5 once I've finished mirror's edge which I think is pretty damn good.

KS - that degree would be good to do, I would definately go for it if you enjoy that sorta thing :D

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » November 20th, 2008, 5:16 pm

De$t!ny wrote:Thanks for the replies, I'll get cod5 once I've finished mirror's edge which I think is pretty damn good.

KS - that degree would be good to do, I would definately go for it if you enjoy that sorta thing :D
Hey Destiny, nice for you to pop back in.

I havent actually got the game, I played the beta a fair bit though. I wasnt too impresssed, but since the game came out all ive heard is good feedback about it. Especially zombie mode!Killing zombie nazis, it doesnt get much more fun.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » November 20th, 2008, 9:11 pm

KillerSam wrote:
jimbojetuk wrote:
De$t!ny wrote:Thanks for the replies, I'll get cod5 once I've finished mirror's edge which I think is pretty damn good.

Hey Destiny, nice for you to pop back in.

I havent actually got the game, I played the beta a fair bit though. I wasnt too impresssed, but since the game came out all ive heard is good feedback about it. Especially zombie mode!Killing zombie nazis, it doesnt get much more fun.
Because only people that liked the beta purchased it, hence people feeding back about the game now are people that have already liked it enough to purchase it.
No...

My mate was the same as me, not too bothered about it, he bought it and loved it. I'm not just an about the certain amount of people that got the beta - a lot more people bought the game, and all ive heard is good from them.

This may persuade myself to buy it after a shaky start. I'm sure its better than i first interpreted.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 21st, 2008, 9:40 am

Well done on the Masters ;)

There's a noticeable comparison between peoples' opinions. Some people hate the new game, others love it. Personally, I did hate it when the demo came out, but that I gradually grew to like it and I can honestly say that I don't regret buying the game. Zombies in particular is very addictive!

It's not as good as CoD4, but that doesn't mean it's not worth buying.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 21st, 2008, 5:27 pm

I agree, not as good as CoD4.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol