-Mag- is back!:: OFFMAP-BELTOT (cod2 1.0 version)

Forum for all kinds of CoD2 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

-Mag- is back!:: OFFMAP-BELTOT (cod2 1.0 version)

Post by -Mag-DooM » October 8th, 2007, 1:37 am

We have been away for close to 2years due to technical difficulties. We are now back and actively finding new glitches. Though this one is V1.0, I feel extremely accomplished for this find, and completeing it. Credit for the find goes to -Mag-DooM and -Mag-God.

This is an extremely difficult ladder glitch which allows you to get offmap on the map Beltot, France (mp_farmhouse). We also demonstrated the ability to perform the Spawn Anywhere glitch on this map, just for fun to show that we still know our glitches.

**NOTE**
Please dont turn this into a flame because we did this in version 1.0. In the topic I warned that It was a Version 1.0.

Demo of the ladder-climb:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... LTOT1.dm_1

Demo of the Spawn Anywhere:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... here2.dm_1

If somone could tell me how to convert these files into a different, common, format I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Mag-DooM
&
-Mag-God
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

St.Anger
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by St.Anger » October 8th, 2007, 11:24 am

Nice to hear from u again.. For demo one u 2 are just sick :) second.. spawn anywhere is know for a long time.
St.Anger [TW]

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » October 9th, 2007, 12:45 am

i know spawn anywhere has been known for a long time. me and -Mag-God were the founders, and it took us like a week to get any of you to believe us that it worked lol. I still think that it's by far the BEST glitch in CoD2, even if it's more difficult to do now days, due to the killtriggers.

I also love some of the other glitches and methods we've found recently, but I dont know if we'll be releasing them.. As far as we know, the best of the others that we've found is still possible in 1.3. This one, however, is very simple and gives a MAJOR advantage in the game and it would cause problems if alot of people started doing it because we released it to the public. We will, mostlikely, eventually let it out, though. It's awesome, but would suck for anyone whose trying to play a legit game ;).

I tried recording the videos on Fraps, but my computer is too slow to get a good quality video out of it, and I dont have a registered version so I can only take 30second clips with it. If anyone could get me a video out of this in fraps, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks ;)
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » October 9th, 2007, 12:46 pm

yes it was a great bugg :D but i tink the ladder bug was the biggest cous it was much more easy to do :P

anyway i would like to see you guys finding some bugs in 1.3 and on cod4 in future :D
i dont know how the **** u ever found ur spawn evrywhere glitch but it shows how good u guys are in searching ;)

keep up the good work ^^

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 9th, 2007, 1:51 pm

How does that spawn anywhere glitch works ? That's completely new to me.

Know the ladder one though, I think I even saw the movie when you guys did it. Might be wrong though.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » October 9th, 2007, 2:18 pm

if done it once :D
mag doom joined our server and he showed us how it worked :)

its cool but only possible on 1.0

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 9th, 2007, 4:41 pm

I renamed the topic to make it more obvious it's 1.0 version of CoD2.

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » October 10th, 2007, 12:13 am

Thank you, Pedsdude.

You guys sure its not at all possible in 1.3? I havent tried it, as shortly after the release of 1.3 my video drivers started goin buggy and cod2 wouldnt work, and it took me 2years to get it fixed.

It should work on custom maps that arent made in a caulk-box, and also on Rhine, since there was an offmap jump found there.

Ladder glitch is really awesome, and if you know what your doing it is really easy. Due to its ease of access, it is to an extent better (in my opinion) than the spawn glitch. Though, the spawn glitch gives much more opportunity to the player, and is fairly simple to use.

The spawn bug was a bit of a coincidence - I joined the server God was playing on because he was excited cuz he made it offmap and had been falling for awhile. When I joined I fell out of the sky (where the spectator view starts) and started freaking out. Out of curiosity, I went to see if it were some kind of wierd mod or glitch on the server, so I went spectator and rejoined. Sure enough, it worked again. I spawned ontop of the dawnville church tower (Still have the original screenshot) and told god. He quit falling, joined spec to get the SS of me and then I explained to him what I did and he went to try it for himself and it wouldnt work for him (nobody was falling). We then spent 2days searching all throughout CoD2 for the cause of this glitch, and finally, out of replaying the scenario of what was going on in the server when it happend, we discovered it.

Seems like a pretty deep bug for it to have been fixed in 1.3.

I'm looking forward to CoD4 as well, Louw, but as of right now I dont believe my computer will be compatible (1gb ram, 1.7ghz processor, GeForce 4 MX 440 video card, Pentium 4). I must look into purchasing a new PSU and AGP video card before I can garuntee CoD4 to work. I'm hoping we do, however, get in there within 6months of the release and actively find exploits.

I've also been wondering for about a week now (god showed me a post on these forums about IW or Activision looking for people to help glitch-test CoD4) if there are people actually going through with this and reporting their finds. It seems like a way for activision and IW to attempt to prevent jumping and glitching in CoD4.
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 10th, 2007, 1:19 pm

Could you explain me how the Spawn Anywhere glitch works ? I mean, how you make it work.

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » October 10th, 2007, 2:07 pm

well it still works on 1.3 but problem is u cant get out the map without savepossition
its just to hard that rhinejump ;)

floater
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by floater » October 10th, 2007, 4:31 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Could you explain me how the Spawn Anywhere glitch works ? I mean, how you make it work.
While a player is falling out-of-map any player who died can spawn from the place he was spectating. There must be allowed free spectate on server and disabled force_respawn. It works only for 1.0 because in higher versions you cant get out-of-map. There are still some servers for 1.0 though :)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 10th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Shouldn't it be possible to do that glitch with the 1.3 version and the no-hurt mod ?

As a matter of fact you can get out of maps that way and jump below the map and fall forever. You might need godmode though, but even then, it might still kill you. Not 100% sure about that though...

Anyway, it's fun to know about it, or even more fun if you know how to do it. But it shouldn't be used on a public server when people have no clue, fun to have a laugh together though ofc.

-Mag-DooM
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by -Mag-DooM » October 11th, 2007, 1:17 am

Well thats just the thing. You dont HAVE to be on a stock map for it to work, i dont think. The problem with custom maps is people do the skybox differently than the stock maps (usually using caulk) which makes it so you cannot fall out of the map. You can, however, find custom maps that have the skybox made only out of sky texture that you can fall straight through ;)
////////---////---//////
//-//-//--//--//--//----
//-//-//-////////-//-///
//-//-//-//----//-//--//
//-//-//-//----//-//////

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 11th, 2007, 9:08 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:But it shouldn't be used on a public server when people have no clue
/me pretends he hasn't done the invincibility glitch many times on public servers under a different alias.

:roll:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 11th, 2007, 11:06 am

That's different, I don't mind that though :P

In regard to the skybox. You can actually fall below the map in Dawnville. Simply jump out of the window in the small house close to the Allied Spawn (Dawnville_jump_4). Also, check out my continueation of that jump named Dawnville_jump_13. With that, you should be able to perform that glitch on an official stock map ;)