New map.. mp_island_jump

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

New map.. mp_island_jump

Post by scrappy » May 6th, 2007, 12:17 am

Hi, This is my 3rd jump map. Ive spent 4 days making it. I know what ur thinking. 4days?? this map must suck. well, it doesnt. Just try it out for your self.. Below is a ZIP file (not iwd) containing the iwd, demo, and readme with installion instuctions. Make sure you dont just download and put the zip file in ur main folder or servers folder cause it wont work. Ok. Heres some screen shots.

You can click to enlarge Thumbnails...
Yes, These planes fly!
Yes, These jeeps drive!
The pw for the bonus section (you will know when u need it) is 4213

Also.. there is a working waterfall.. =)

Download map and demo here
http://69.13.205.188/cod15/Island_jump/ ... 20Jump.zip

Enjoy,
Scrappy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

St.Anger
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by St.Anger » May 6th, 2007, 2:39 am

I'll take a look @ it tomorrow (and give commend) Welcome to the forum BTW nice start first post first map!!
St.Anger [TW]

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 6th, 2007, 3:58 am

Good idea, very original, needs lots of work. First off your worldspawn is messed up. Next, your water is no good. Its pretty hard to figure out where to go in some spots. Also, I have some issues with some of the island jumps, it just needs a bit of work. The cars and planes were an innovative idea, but I don't exactly like them (but im fairly OCD when it comes to realism if you're not making a fantasy map). Your triggers for the messages could also use a bit of work, just add a wait command after it so the message doesn't appear fifty times on the screen. I like the originality aspect though

Quality: 5
Creativity: 9
Originality: 9
Scripting: 8

Overall Rating: 7.7

Just fix the worldspawn, find some new water, and make it prettier and i'll really like it :wink:

oh, and get rid of floating platforms.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Luke

Post by Luke » May 6th, 2007, 12:07 pm

I agree with soviet, great ideas but a few mapping flaws. But a map this size made in 4 days is never gonna be quality, but it's more than i could do in 4 days :P
The lighting is very weird, lots of purple colours everywhere. I think it needs a grid to fix those weird lighting problems, here's a tutorial for making one: http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.ph ... opic=22792.

Good luck, fix the problems we've mentioned if you can and it will make all the difference :wink:
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 7th, 2007, 2:50 am

Like i said b4.. i wasnt going for perfection. Just something fresh new and fun for all the cod2 jumping fans. I never asked to be rated nor criticized. Your input is appreciated and noted but I dont have time to make flawless maps. Honestly, you guys are nick picking my map as if i entered a contest. Im not here to compete. If you like my map, thanks. If not.. you dont have to leave comments criticizing it. Happy jumping. :D

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » May 7th, 2007, 3:56 am

its constructive criticism, and while some my comments were quite detailed and somewhat irrelevant for a none perfect maps, some things like the lighting should have been fixed before release.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 7th, 2007, 4:51 am

i completey agree.. but i dont seem to have a prob when i play it.. lighting is fine? this is the first i heard of bad lighting. maybe it runs diff on ur server or comp.. try it here and see if its diff.. casue if not. i need to fix .=)

Server NameBooST|i|Jump Crew
Server IP 208.64.36.15:28961
Server Ping98
Server Infomp_island_jump (0/14)

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » May 7th, 2007, 2:09 pm

really confusing map
and i have to aggree with the other not a good quality
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 7th, 2007, 6:51 pm

edited by me.
Last edited by scrappy on January 17th, 2009, 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 7th, 2007, 7:17 pm

Get used to people commenting on your map. What's the point otherwise ?

Now that you have 'completed' it isn't it good to start fixing the above mentioned errors ?

And trust me, Lev is not stupid, check out his map viewtopic.php?t=4750&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

It's best to keep your flaming away from here since it won't help you.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

GoldenEye
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by GoldenEye » May 7th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Ehm.. Why did u make this topic if u dont want to hear our opinions? What kind of posts did u expect?

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » May 7th, 2007, 8:40 pm

Hey scrappy, guess what, I have no more respect for you.

First of all do not post about your map in a forum if you don't want people's opinions.
Secondly, just because you made your map in four days is not an excuse for it being bad looking, call it beta and give it some more time to work on it.
I will have you know that I finished making nm_toybox (both easy and hard) in only two days!

So don't get deffensive and insult others just because they are giving opinions and help.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 9th, 2007, 5:09 pm

Lev- Map looks good so far. Did you import those models with milkshape? if so, u should check out the text gen. Useful little tool.

lev as in leveller?
Last edited by scrappy on May 9th, 2007, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 9th, 2007, 5:17 pm

Lev- Map looks good so far. Did you import those models with milkshape? if so, u should check out the text gen. Useful little tool.

As far as my other comments.. I really wasnt expecting to be rated or i would have spent a lil more time making it.. =\ I was just tired of jumping the same old maps.. Except castle (still love that map, oh yea and railyard) but all the others are like 2nd nature..

I apologize for my comments and what not. Its just that i thought u guys would be happy with anything new to jump.. I sure as hell know i need some new stuff..

I actually build 1 day maps all the time just to jump myself.. I dont even measure jumps, I just find a way..lol

I have a passion for the cod line.

And to tell you guys the truth.. The mapping part was done in maybe 4hrs.. It was the scripting that took that long. I dont know about you guys but i have no scipting background.. I just used trial and error and a lot of time to get this stuff to work.

But now i can do anything... so if anybody has an idea for a map that u need some scripting for.. I can help. :D :mrgreen: :lol:

scrappy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by scrappy » May 9th, 2007, 5:23 pm

i have a ?... who made jm_lighthouse?? is there a finished version cause it says beta??

Also- I will finish island_jump.. =) i will make it flawless.. lol or try to..=P