resize possible?

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

resize possible?

Post by t3vY » December 15th, 2006, 10:32 pm

i just want to ask if is it possible to to resize models(xmodel), if so please help me.. :)
and one more thing a lot of xmodel that i make turns into a sport car with mg on it :shock: ( i erased all the custom maps and mods but i still have this :(

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » December 15th, 2006, 11:39 pm

To resize a model, select it and press N, then give it a key: modelscale and a value(1 is the default value/scale), 0.5 would be half size ect.

The models that turn into a car need to be added as a script_model instead, this only happens on certain models, and you'll have to clip these yourself.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » December 16th, 2006, 12:02 am

tnx
but i am not sure if i understand how shall i clip them myself? :roll:

Luke

Post by Luke » December 16th, 2006, 12:34 am

As they're script models they aren't solid, so if you want them to be solid you'll need to put brushes over them using clip textures, just put brushes around it so it roughly covers the models shape. You'll find different types of clip textures in tools, like metal clip ect.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » December 16th, 2006, 11:06 am

ye ok now i understand :) , but still dont know why xmodel/furniture_armchair changes into a sport car shape :oops: :S

All-Killer
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by All-Killer » December 16th, 2006, 11:37 am

Yeah i know what you mean, some models have that problem. And to luke: why not just run a script on spawning that some model will be solid? ore isnt that posible?

Luke

Post by Luke » December 16th, 2006, 4:01 pm

I had the same problem when I added the higgins boat as a misc_model, it turned into weird car. Making it a script_model worked though, but stick to misc_models unless you get that problem, or actually want to script a model.
No, solid/notsolid doesn't work on models.