Skilled jumpers wanted, please report!

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Skilled jumpers wanted, please report!

Post by teebag » October 22nd, 2006, 2:11 am

Hello,
I managed to convert a friggin huge SP map into MP, however this comes with a couple of problems:

- There are no cliptextures (yet)
- Some roads have been blocked with cliptextures, I can't remove them because the whole map is one prefab, the roads give acces to the second part of the map - but you cannot cross em caus of the huge cliptexture. The only way to reach the other side is trough buildings :<
- The map is portaled, but still lags (FPS).

Now whats really bothering me is the second problem, I can't delet the fuckin cliptexture so you simpely have to reach axis spawn by walking trough buildings :< This might ruin gameplay but there is no other option.

I'll have to clip the whole map myself, this is no problem ofcourse. I won't clip it like Harbor and Rhine (you can't even stand on a small ledge at these maps -,-).

I need a couple of good jumpers that wan't to test my (well not really mine, but IW's) map.
Please post your comments here, and i'll PM/e-mail you the map (BETA version, not ment for public release, this map will only have 1 spawn).

NOTE: Map supports 1 spawn and 1 gametype for testing (final version has all gametypes and spawns), so you will have to test the map in your own server (devmap ftw).

If you find any jump/glitch/exploit please feel free to record it on demo, and ill fix it.

Screenshot of current BETA (no lightning yet, had no time to compile :P canceled @ 50%), I actualy shit in my pants when the map loaded, never thought this was gonna work lmao.

Thanks,
Teebag
That's why my brother's computer doesn't need anti-virus software; 450MHz P3 doesn't meet virus's system requirements.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 22nd, 2006, 3:11 am

moving this to jump maps because it involves maps and jumping and beta-like stuff :)
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » October 22nd, 2006, 11:41 am

you shat your pants? eww :?

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » October 22nd, 2006, 11:44 am

ontopic pls.
That's why my brother's computer doesn't need anti-virus software; 450MHz P3 doesn't meet virus's system requirements.

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » October 22nd, 2006, 12:53 pm

Ok map is ready for testing, there is lightning.
I deleted fog/fx/loadingscreen/sound etc, just the .bsp file in the .iwd

Screenshots:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3091 ... 628cv5.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8661 ... 331dd0.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/512/ ... 489uu0.jpg

Ok, now I forget a wall @ this house, you can now go trough the house and get to the back of the map, this looks fine but in the final version this won't be possible caus the maps gameplay will get fuked up (there is only one way to the backyard).

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/6151 ... 140hc7.jpg

So you dont have to look for jumps there, remember its all very basic clipped, if you like jumping then jump on this map:P

Download:

- 21mb (yes huge map)
- .rar file that includes villers.iwd

Download map HERE (NOTE: supports Deathmatch, 1 player max)

Here is a complete overiew of the map, everything thats outside the red lines, is out of the map - you dont have to go find jumps there. :) As you can see the north part of the map is fucked up because of these roadblocks aargh I hate em.

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » October 22nd, 2006, 2:21 pm

tbh, i dont find any joy for maps that havent been made by the person releasing them, by all means well done, but im not excited to play it ect

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » October 22nd, 2006, 2:23 pm

you bored or something? who gives a shit if I made it or not, its a map :) ontopic PLS?

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » October 22nd, 2006, 2:49 pm

lol yes very bored :D

trying to learn 628 pages of maya manual too :?

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 22nd, 2006, 4:40 pm

Keep on topic Marshall.

Marshall
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Marshall » October 22nd, 2006, 5:27 pm

sorry!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 22nd, 2006, 5:37 pm

It's a cool looking map, will take a look at it.

Now I'm wondering, what SP map is it ? I haven't played SP in ages so I don't remember.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » October 22nd, 2006, 6:55 pm

Its the one where u have to go secure something like 5 or 6 buildings.. And have to blow up a tank that is holding ur back...
Atleast i think
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 22nd, 2006, 7:01 pm

isn't it part of the american campaign fairly close after pointe du hoc?
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » October 22nd, 2006, 7:16 pm

Its originaly called "Newvillers" its a very cool map yes, I currently fixed some stuff, changed some models and I have added TDM/DM.

The roads might be closed, but the map is tactical, the Americans didn't rush like the Russians (running like a maniac from street to street getting slaughtered by Germans weaponfire). They actualy had a good strategy, andvance from cover to cover etc. On wednesday the map will be tested @ my friends server hosted @ i3d. Max 16 players / server is full every day xD.

EDIT:

Little update and glitch found:

Added door and windowframe, impossible now to walk out of the map.

Mortar emplacement added, the field was looking so boring :P

You can jump from this window onto the wall @ the right, then you can jump into the house and shoot everyone outside without being seen. - FIXED

There are more updates but i'm not in the mood of compiling again (takes 1 hour with a AMD x2 4800+

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 22nd, 2006, 8:19 pm

Looks very nice, almost like a stock map! :)