Current Projects?

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Current Projects?

Post by Drofder2004 » September 12th, 2006, 4:16 am

Who has a project underway?

The CoD2 scene lacks maps (of a 'good' quality). There are plenty of "floating maps".

So, the question for everyone who reads this post...

Do you have a map in development or planning one?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 12th, 2006, 1:47 pm

svt_stronghold

still need to add lighting
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Inetpub
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Inetpub » September 12th, 2006, 2:54 pm

I refuse to post my maps on here anymore as its not really the best place for new mappers to post. Although ive finished 3 maps, Ive started 2 new ones. One with scripting and tested by afew members here already and another that's probably only 20 % completed.

Why wont I post here? because all maps must be of matmata value to even be posted here. Which is sort of rediculous as we are trying to grow a jumping community. If your a good mapper, by all means make a good map. If your new, you shouldnt be rediculed when releasing a map. Not every mapper started with COD1 radiant. I know of 3 mappers who will never post their maps here due to that situation.

Inetpub

t3vY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by t3vY » September 12th, 2006, 2:54 pm

i dont have a name but probably it ll be mp_mine..... :wink:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 12th, 2006, 3:41 pm

Inetpub wrote:I refuse to post my maps on here anymore as its not really the best place for new mappers to post. Although ive finished 3 maps, Ive started 2 new ones. One with scripting and tested by afew members here already and another that's probably only 20 % completed.

Why wont I post here? because all maps must be of matmata value to even be posted here. Which is sort of rediculous as we are trying to grow a jumping community. If your a good mapper, by all means make a good map. If your new, you shouldnt be rediculed when releasing a map. Not every mapper started with COD1 radiant. I know of 3 mappers who will never post their maps here due to that situation.

Inetpub
You have misread what I define as a "good" map. This is not of matmata quality.
If you map is 100 floating platforms hovering around the sky with no real plan or design to it, I am afraid it is a bad map.
If you map has a layout, a few jumps accross crates/tables or simply something with a bit of visual to it, then it is a good map.

I do not expect anyone here to create a spectacular looking map.

But, its your map, and its your choice what you do with your map.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Lisa
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Current Projects?

Post by Lisa » September 12th, 2006, 5:26 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Who has a project underway?

The CoD2 scene lacks maps (of a 'good' quality). There are plenty of "floating maps".

So, the question for everyone who reads this post...

Do you have a map in development or planning one?
I would if I could but I can't :(
~Materazzi~

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 13th, 2006, 12:04 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
Inetpub wrote:I refuse to post my maps on here anymore as its not really the best place for new mappers to post. Although ive finished 3 maps, Ive started 2 new ones. One with scripting and tested by afew members here already and another that's probably only 20 % completed.

Inetpub
You have misread what I define as a "good" map. This is not of matmata quality.
If you map is 100 floating platforms hovering around the sky with no real plan or design to it, I am afraid it is a bad map.
If you map has a layout, a few jumps accross crates/tables or simply something with a bit of visual to it, then it is a good map.

I do not expect anyone here to create a spectacular looking map.

But, its your map, and its your choice what you do with your map.
AMEN!
ImageImageImage

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Re: Current Projects?

Post by Luke » September 13th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Drofder2004 wrote: Do you have a map in development or planning one?
jm_mall, as you probably know. Been working on it on and off for quite a long time. I've been working on it a fair bit recently, making slow but steady progess. Don't ask when it will be released!
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Grom

Post by Grom » September 13th, 2006, 5:51 pm

I'm working on a couple of maps, though Ive been very inactive for some time now.. :(

Will be some city style maps, parks etc. Hopefully I will have some more time for mapping now.. :D

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » September 13th, 2006, 8:53 pm

working on nm_portal, more news will be posted on my site :)
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Luke

Post by Luke » September 14th, 2006, 4:23 pm

JM_Lighthouse is now underway :) something i wanted to make ages ago in cod but couldn't get very far. Started last night and its taking shape quite nicely.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » September 14th, 2006, 5:08 pm

jm_city, probably released this or next month.

Going for a new jump map structure, made out of many houses, to which you have to jump but with no particular ending.

Inetpub
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Inetpub » September 14th, 2006, 5:30 pm

ya I wanted to do something like that. Basically remake a leningrad/stalin/matmata type map where its just a jumping playground. But everytime I just couldnt judge the jump I wanted to make. I find those stock maps are created for stock gaming reasons and jumping is sort of a hidden feature. That you have to Find by jumping/nading. So, making one on purpose for jumping was rather difficult.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 15th, 2006, 1:24 am

Luke wrote:JM_Lighthouse is now underway :) something i wanted to make ages ago in cod but couldn't get very far. Started last night and its taking shape quite nicely.
Should I bother asking the obvious?

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 15th, 2006, 3:00 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
Luke wrote:JM_Lighthouse is now underway :) something i wanted to make ages ago in cod but couldn't get very far. Started last night and its taking shape quite nicely.
Should I bother asking the obvious?
yes...i dont know what the obvious is
ImageImageImage