STRAFE JUMPING HELP

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Flo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

STRAFE JUMPING HELP

Post by Flo » November 24th, 2004, 10:50 pm

Strafe Jumping is an art that all you guys seem to have a natural talent for.

I really cant get my head around it. Could someone come onto a server with me sometime and show me? Ifits not too much trouble. I would love to contribute my jumps and ideas but I cant strafe jump so I cant get anywhere.

Thanks for any help offered or instructions or demo with instructions or whatever.

G3nn
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by G3nn » November 24th, 2004, 11:30 pm

look, the ull understand as much as seeing a demo of any strafe map on this forum or with a friend in a server... u run, turn left/right (mouse) and at the same time u move left/right (default buttons) and jump...

this is the explanation ppl gave me, I saw the demo and I understood it by myself... keep practicing, strafing isnt something that "comes along with the game".

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » November 26th, 2004, 6:41 pm

Yeah, it takes a lot of practice to perfect a strafe-jumping method. When you jump try flicking the mouse in the direction you want to go, it seems to make it easier for me.

G3nn
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by G3nn » November 26th, 2004, 7:25 pm

yep, I do that myself and most of the basic strafe jumps I'm able to do! but others I dont, I'm happy anyway, a month ago I didn't even know what was strafe jumps... :D

and btw strafing isn't related to 125 fps, of course if u have them they will help cuz ull be able to jump higher and etc but I have around 100 fps (less on other maps) and I still can do it, tbh strafing isnt just to being able to go somewhere u couldn't by normal jumps... it servs other purposes: like getting away from bullets! :mrgreen:

KalDran?
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by KalDran? » January 10th, 2005, 4:44 pm

when I strafejump I run, jump and in the air I continue to hold W, I flip my mouse to the right and add A, turn a bit further with my mouse, release W, and press S :D

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 10th, 2005, 5:14 pm

I kinda get what you mean there lol. Weird technique, but if it works for you then that's fine ;)

Monkey
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Monkey » February 5th, 2005, 3:06 pm

my tech is wierd i look down for fps and just hit my keys in a certain way and it gets me acrpss hehe but im kinda out of that way now xD

Ca_Cop
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ca_Cop » March 7th, 2005, 11:41 pm

Hey im brand new to this jumping stuff,so there is no special key for strafing? From what i got,and i will try it out again soon...

You run at your desired target, you jerk your mouse left or right.. we will say left for this example. You jerk it left,and right as you jerk it left, u hit the move left key on your keyboard as you jump? Then in mid flight look back at your destination? How do you strafe jump through windows, you have to leap before the window,doesnt that cause you to lose ground? I want to strafe jump onto the platform in railyard through 3rd story building?

thanks guys.

Element

Post by Element » March 7th, 2005, 11:45 pm

Ca_Cop wrote:Hey im brand new to this jumping stuff,so there is no special key for strafing? From what i got,and i will try it out again soon...

You run at your desired target, you jerk your mouse left or right.. we will say left for this example. You jerk it left,and right as you jerk it left, u hit the move left key on your keyboard as you jump? Then in mid flight look back at your destination? How do you strafe jump through windows, you have to leap before the window,doesnt that cause you to lose ground? I want to strafe jump onto the platform in railyard through 3rd story building?

thanks guys.
There is a key in your options menu but for me its useless, I move forward then start holding a or d depending if im going left or right then while holding a or d i start moving my mouse toward the destination. Sometime i look down to get 125 fps so i go a bit farther.

Sn!peS
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Sn!peS » March 11th, 2005, 11:43 am

i am new in Strafe jumping/nade jumping and bazooka jumping but i cant make some jumps where u just have to jump up on it, my friend dit it but he has a fps of 125 and i have an fps of 60 and i cant make it :? can this be the problem ?? and how come i always die when i try nade/bazooka jumping :? i dont get it :? plz help me
Sn!peS

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » March 11th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Why do you die by nades and bazookas ??? Because they hurt ;)

Check a nade jump demo somewhere on the site. If you jump right before the nade explodes, the blast gives you a push up and then you can reach several new areas. Nade jumping needs practise. Timing, it's all about the timing - When does the nade explode ??? You got to know that, then when the nade is about to explode, you jump. You won't keep that many health left but you got to practise this.

Bazooka jumping (or panzerfraust/shreck) is very easy. Jump and fire. It goes the same as nade jumping but it's a lot easier.

For jumping just a tiny bit higher you need 125 FPS (Frame Per Second)
Information about that in these topics, be sure to read them first:

http://pedsdesign.com/codforums/viewtopic.php?t=49
http://pedsdesign.com/codforums/viewtop ... 00&start=0
http://pedsdesign.com/codforums/viewtopic.php?t=376

Also, check the ''nade jumping'' section on the main page of this website for further information.

Still got trouble ? Just ask ;)
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Flo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Flo » March 13th, 2005, 9:52 pm

Well I'm catching on to the strafe jumping can do a few now but I have to run in a big arc to do it. Some people seem to run almost straight forward and starfe jump WTF?

Also does having 125 fps help strafe jumping?

Infiniti

Post by Infiniti » March 13th, 2005, 11:10 pm

Yes it helps quite alot... be sure you have 125 fps for CERTAIN jumps...

Sn!peS
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Sn!peS » March 14th, 2005, 12:40 pm

walk straight and still strafe jump :? cool......
In the movie of subsilio in jm_crispy he jumps from let to right without stopping...... if i have to finish this lvl i have to stop at every new jump how does he do it ?

Xscorpion
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Xscorpion » May 16th, 2005, 11:11 am

Hi, I just started practising strafejumps and things like that..
Can anyone tell me please what I'm doing wrong?

Heres the demo:

http://rapidshare.de/files/1791475/strafejump.dm_2.html