COD4 - Mods crashing the game

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Rhap
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

COD4 - Mods crashing the game

Post by Rhap » May 14th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Hello, i've recently returned back to cod4, i wanted to join again cj servers as well as promod servers and here's the issue:

it seems that as long as i play on regular servers i have no issues at all, whenever i try to join a modded server, downloading all the contenent seems fine until mod.ff file turn comes. That makes the screen just freeze and the game either crashes with no error report as if nothing happened or it blocks and i need to go to task manager and i find it "not responding".

I've been trying to figure out this for the past 3 days, few others seem to have similar issues, but no one has a solution... if someone here knows what's the problem please help me.

I've already patched 1.6 and 1.7, have the correct version of pb installed etc

Thank you

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Re: COD4 - Mods crashing the game

Post by Xpayne » May 14th, 2019, 9:54 pm

https://3xp-clan.com/?page=download

Download 3xp cj mod, paste files in mods, then join their server from main game lobby.
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rhap
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Rhap » May 15th, 2019, 11:12 am

Xpayne wrote: May 14th, 2019, 9:54 pm https://3xp-clan.com/?page=download

Download 3xp cj mod, paste files in mods, then join their server from main game lobby.
I already tried downloading the mod and installing it manually, this problem happens with every mod including the cj one.

It's like if i try to load a mod or if i join a server it will download all files till the mod.ff file, when it comes to that file the game "freezes" or "crashes" and i need to go to the task manager finding it as "not responding" so i just force exit. I don't know if there's a fix to this. i'll try now to uninstall it and reinstall it to a different drive. this sh** is getting me crazy

Rhap
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Rhap » May 15th, 2019, 11:33 am

Tried reinstalling the game repatching and everything... same as before, every mod.ff file will make the game crash, i'm unable to play any mod

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » May 15th, 2019, 1:52 pm

I tried from different account. Yes same problem for me, but after 7 attempts i'm manage to get into server and mod work now. No freezes or crashes.

Try leave this problem message to 3xp support team. They will help for sure.
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rhap
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Rhap » May 15th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Solved the problem by upgrading to cod4x mod, now i'm able to go in all servers with no issues, ty for the help