Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Ridgepig
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

List of people who used SV_FPS in montages

Post by Ridgepig » September 14th, 2014, 6:13 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... OA9txmzQPo

This was the big ordeal that Lethalbeast and I were working on. We found a way to check the dvar sv_fps in demos and we analyzed a ton of demos. A lot of montages provided demos to us, which is a good thing. It appears even demos in my montage were using sv_fps, which I at the time had no idea of.

The sv_fps thing started by people experimenting with it after just finding out about it, but then the situation got worse and since I wasn't involved in any of this until about a week ago, I have no idea what exactly happened.

Since a lot of people have told me a lot of different things about this, I can't take anyone by their word so I am simply providing this list to everyone and they can decide what they want to do or think with it.

The people involved in the entire sv_fps ordeal (including the people who did not use it) should probably post a reply below talking about it.

I expect this topic to turn into a huge shitstorm, but I can't prevent that from happening and I feel this list has to be made public to at least rectify the bounces that were done illegitimately in montages. If I wouldn't post this list then people would lose inspiration for competitive CodJumper just because there's some insane bounces that were performed using sv_fps.

Sv_fps is a SV (server) dvar that should always be set at 20. This is the CoD4 default and the only reason you should change this is if you aren't running a CodJumper server. In Promod, 25 and 30 are reasonable sv_fps to have the server set at to make it run more smoothly, however, it affects the timing of the server and can mess stuff up if you don't know how to use it properly.

I encourage all people who plan on making a montage to supply demos to me or Lethalbeast so that we can check the demos for sv_fps and we will declare your montage as 'clean' (if no demos were performed using sv_fps).

Screenshots of the current state of the Google Document for if you cannot read it:

Thanks to fre4kZ for telling me about this ordeal.

Link to the discussion on StyxGaming.net:
http://www.styxgaming.net/forum/viewtop ... 05&t=14485

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Re: List of people who used SV_FPS in montages

Post by Xpayne » September 14th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Just wanted to post this :)
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » September 15th, 2014, 4:32 pm

AH-AH! CHEATERS! :lol:

bigbabol
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by bigbabol » September 15th, 2014, 10:59 pm

it's not a "cheat" and i think it's also a command that doesn't affect the game.
probably these guys have in their cfg the line "seta sv_fps 30" (10 or 1000) and maybe using devmap the server doesn't block it.
lot of promod's cfg has binded sv_fps to 30, i tried both 20 and 30 and the difference was like none.
in which way this command can influence jumps? with 10 or 1000 do you jump higher or further? i don't think so

btw with that program you use to check this command, could you also check other command, like bind etc? if so then please tell me how! ;)

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » September 15th, 2014, 11:25 pm

It's a server side command. Meaning it can't be used in default game settings, whether that is on any variation of the CoDJumper mod or w/o mods. Therefore it's considered cheating.
I see what you're saying, that some people may accidentally play on devmap with it altered but these people specifically changed it themselves; which is what this document and these threads across all the forums have been about. There is a much bigger discussion over on the Styx forum (linked in the original post); the vast majority of it seems to be unproductive though.
It has been slightly explained as to how the command affects the player but not into any depth, of which I would like to have a greater explanation.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 16th, 2014, 12:06 am

x0ozero0x wrote:It has been slightly explained as to how the command affects the player but not into any depth, of which I would like to have a greater explanation.
Indeed, there's been plenty of people going "oh my god, cheaters! why did you keep this a secret?" in that post, but I haven't yet seen an explanation as to what the command actually does.

bigbabol
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by bigbabol » September 16th, 2014, 11:20 am

imho that command is useless. i read most of the thread (too long) and no one gives an explanation of what that command is. it seems like they are trying to put him in a bad light when he did nothing wrong. it's like "oh he uses cg_fovscale to 1.5 then he must cheat". or proove that this command affect in distance or that thread is useless. for me he used it like a placebo effect, like promod's players change cfgs (that are ALL the SAME) and when they see good score they think cfg is better than the previous.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » September 16th, 2014, 5:11 pm

i play quakelive race mode (same commands and same engine of cod4 i think), higher values will result in smoother play

Ridgepig
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ridgepig » September 16th, 2014, 8:44 pm

... First of all, if you even bothered to check the list it's explained right in there.

The most crazy jumps are possible with an sv_fps like 10 or 1000.

1000 means a big increase in velocity and 10 means you lose velocity slower.
1000 makes the biggest newbie a pro.

Furthermore, it's a SERVER dvar. Yes, promod servers usually have it from 20-30, but that's because it doesn't matter if you can jump a little further. It won't increase your fragging skills, so don't compare it in promod to Codjumper.

If you're not good at CodJumper, don't even dare to doubt this, because it's only noticable if you can maintain at least a tiny bit of velocity... And when you do get that bit of velocity, the boosts that modified sv_fps values will give you is immense.

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » October 8th, 2014, 2:39 pm

i request a server with codjumper_training and this var set to 1000. Hold my beer while im doing the gaprecord :D
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long