Various radiant/script questions

Have a question about modding, modelling or skinning? Have a tutorial to post? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Backup
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Various radiant/script questions

Post by Backup » September 11th, 2013, 8:28 am

For some reason I can't login to my Madness account from my phone so I made this one to post this. I'm not able to access my Pc atm else I'd try and find the answers to these myself, anyway here we go:

1) is there some kind of limit on the amount of script_brushes/origins and triggers that can be put in a map? Because what I have in mind use quite a few (probably not enough to reach any limit, but just checking).

2) Do duplicate xmodels count towards the 1024 model limit? (I.e does spawning 5 of the same model only increase the usage by 1 or by 5).

3) Can you have put two script_brushmodels in a group, but still address them separately? (I.e brush1 and brush2 in the group brushes, so if you did brushes moveZ both of the brushes would mode, but if you did brush1 moveZ only the first brush would move?).

Thanks in advance!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Various radiant/script questions

Post by Drofder2004 » September 14th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Backup wrote:For some reason I can't login to my Madness account from my phone so I made this one to post this. I'm not able to access my Pc atm else I'd try and find the answers to these myself, anyway here we go:

1) is there some kind of limit on the amount of script_brushes/origins and triggers that can be put in a map? Because what I have in mind use quite a few (probably not enough to reach any limit, but just checking).

2) Do duplicate xmodels count towards the 1024 model limit? (I.e does spawning 5 of the same model only increase the usage by 1 or by 5).

3) Can you have put two script_brushmodels in a group, but still address them separately? (I.e brush1 and brush2 in the group brushes, so if you did brushes moveZ both of the brushes would mode, but if you did brush1 moveZ only the first brush would move?).

Thanks in advance!
1. Entity limit is 1024, this includes everything, players and spawns etc.
2. I would assume yes. If you are using misc_models, then limit is 4096 I think.
getEntArray("brush", "targetname");
brush[0] moveZ(100, 1);
brush[1] moveX(999, 3);
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010