FPS Problem...

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

PurpleBooster
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

FPS Problem...

Post by PurpleBooster » April 21st, 2013, 3:28 am

I know many times this has probably been asked but... I need help with my fps issues. Of course I don't have an above average computer. I actually have a laptop. My processor is crap. AMD A4-3305 1.90 GHz, I overclocked it to 2.5 GHz and it runs pretty good and stable. Now my graphics card, AMD Radeon 6480G. It seems to be that some people get waaaaayyy better fps than me on a worse computer. My 3D graphics rating is 6.1 and my prossesor rating is 6.0. Now what I really want to know is, what helps? What helps a lot. Making your computer faster and just overall better just so I can get those extra 50 frames I need. It's annoying getting 333 on some maps but some not. Anything in Windows 7 I can disable or a list of prosseses I can stop running that are running all the time? Thanks for your help! Sorry for a big post.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FPS Problem...

Post by Pedsdude » April 21st, 2013, 11:45 am

If you're not looking to upgrade your computer, your only options are graphics settings related, I would imagine.

Try the yitch3 config (should be easy to find with a quick search on Google). Also try lowering your resolution (if you can bring yourself to do so :P).

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: FPS Problem...

Post by Hardcore » April 23rd, 2013, 2:05 am

Also if you want those 50 extra frames for jumping on a jump server, Try to check the basic options the mod is offering.
For exemple, if you use the codjumper mod, press B while in game, check some settings, disable the FX and do some test with everything else. Those 5 options on the mod are really helping with the fps, and I think you'll get your 50 frames easily.

There is settings like this in all the jump mods, try to check on the options if you're not using the codjumper one.

But to be honest, 333 fps is useless if you want to play on public/promod unless you want to jump while playing.
As a promod player who used to play with 333 fps (I know It's bad), I can tell you that the gameplay is much easier with 250 fps.

Hope you got the answers you need!
. Image