Missing assets don't work

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

izak1996
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Missing assets don't work

Post by izak1996 » February 24th, 2013, 1:49 am

Houston we got a problem!
So I finally got into cod4 mapping and I already have some problems. When I first made a map (following different tutorials) and compiled it, I had some errors (missing fx for opfor model) and when I updated zone files inside compile tools, there were missing assets which I just copied into map csv. I solved that problem but few days later I tried adding destructable car, it all worked fine, until I tried it in game. There were mssing fx again (when shooting at it). I tried updating zone files, but under missing assets there was nothing. I have no idea what could the problem be, but I know that I won't be able to solve those damn problems without missing assets, because I don't know what I'm supposed to add in csv :x
I also tried deleting missingasset.csv but that cause even more errors.
Any help will be appreciated.

EDIT:
ok, I found the problem... I wasn't running the map with developer and developer script enabled. The only problem now is that when I compile reflections it gives me this error:

Code: Select all

script runtime error
(see console for details)
cannot switch on undefined
When I check the console there is nothing else but bunch of errors about missing sound files. I don't know if I even have to solve this error, because in game I don't even see the difference.
Also what is vision file? It says that .vision is missing, am I supposed to create that myself?

Ruan12
Kindergarten King
Kindergarten King

Re: Missing assets don't work

Post by Ruan12 » April 25th, 2013, 4:49 pm

Try to put all the assets in the cod4 main folder that you have created or have in the compile tools

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 25th, 2013, 8:56 pm

Ruan12 wrote:Try to put all the assets in the cod4 main folder that you have created or have in the compile tools
Please do not post in the mapping help forum unless you know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
izak1996 wrote:...
Before running "reflections" - find the file called "_load.gsc" in your "raw\maps\mp" folder.
Open that file and search for "thread maps\mp\_destructible::init();"
Add "//" at the beginning of that line, save the file and run the reflections.

Note the spelling, "destructible" not "destructables".
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

SkilllZ
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
PSN ID: tompax9

Post by SkilllZ » November 21st, 2013, 8:01 pm

When I check the console there is nothing else but bunch of errors about missing sound files.
I got this problem aswell, and as of this i cannot see what caused my script compile error in the first place, any help about making it stop spamming about missing the sound files?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 21st, 2013, 10:33 pm

The easiest thing to do is remove all idea of soundfiles.
You should not be playing with sound until your map is complete.

Remove any "playsound" function calls and remove any CSV mentions of sounds files.
When you have done that, you can fix your map.

Finish your map, before playing with the atmosphere.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010