Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Vartaz's 2012/ 2013 Top list of custom map Cod4 jumpers

Post by Vartazian » January 8th, 2013, 4:31 am

List of top jumpers (based on skill)

I wanted to try to make a list of some of the top jumpers being as honest as I can because people ask me a fair amount who is the best jumper? Well here’s my try at ranking the top jumpers honestly (or modestly towards the end of the skill rankings). Paragon being number 1 (no one will argue this) is the 100% skill base. Off of this I give a percentage of ParagoN’s total skill based on overall jumping capabilities in 4 categories: 1. -Hard bounce skill, 2. - Speed in completing maps Non os, 3. Speed in completing maps OS, and 4. -Gap skill (consistency)
I’m Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone. Please forgive me in advance – its been about a month since I’ve been on cod4 now.

Hard bounce Skill

1. ParagoN 100%
2/3. Fre4kz/Kie 97%
4. Wez 95 %
5. Pretty 92 %
6. Naked 92 %
7. w1x 92 %
8. ata 90%
9. Obi 88 %
10. Teippi 87 %
11 .Pcbouncer 85 %
12. shadow 84%
13. omGz0r 84%
14. =.VaRtaZiaN.= 84 %
15. Tigr 84 %

Non-OS (speed)

1. ParagoN 100%
2/ 3 Pretty / w1x 97%
4. Fre4kz 96%
5. Naked 95 %
6. =.VaRtaZiaN.= 94%.
7. Tayzer 92%
8. Un88x
9. Kie 91%
10. Wez 88 %
11. Teippi 87 %
12 .Tigr 85 %
13. Pcbouncer 84 %
14. Jon 84 %
15. Cyg X-1 76%

OS ranking (speed)

1. ParagoN 100%
2. =.VaRtaZiaN.= 97%
3. Tayzer 96%
4. Lagyconnectionz 93%
5. YoDa 85%
6. Soap 85%
7. Naked 83%
8. Pretty 81 %
9. Kie 80%
10. Maz 80%
11. Fishy
12. Hustle 76%
13. Sacred 75%
14. Fre4kz 75%
15. Cook 72%

Gap (Normal strafe and RPG strafe consistency + MAX gap)

1. Obi 100% (378!)
2. ParagoN 99%
3. Fre4kz 97%
4. K1llstorm 96%
5. Raptor 95%
6. phl3xable 94%
7. Wez 94%
8. ata 92%
9. omGz0r 90%
10. ICY SOLDIER 90%
11. Savior 88%
12. Cyg X-1 85%
13. DanTheMan 84%
14. Fuzzmunch 83%
15. =.VaRtaZiaN.=79%
Last edited by Vartazian on January 8th, 2013, 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: List of Top jumpers

Post by Vartazian » January 8th, 2013, 4:42 am

KillerSam wrote:Although I'm looking into the distant past, I've not seen a jumper as consistently.good as Luke was. He could hit close to the gap record time after time on demand....amazing. Still my top ranking jumper;)
Luke? That is his name? I have never even heard of the dude

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » January 8th, 2013, 4:50 am

KillerSam wrote:noob. He was the first person to really understand gap jumping and was a beast at gap jumping, as well as technical jumps and mapping e.t.c. check the gap record page of the website ;)
Ah but still i havent seen him play in my 3 years of codjumper..so i don't know where to fit him in the list. Obi can do 370 1 try every time..and has the wr for RPG at 378..so I'm sure he's not as good as that.. and ParagoN is perfect at everything lol. . This list is of people whom i've seen jump in my 3 years of cod4 codjumper

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 8th, 2013, 6:51 am

I demand to be on this list.

On what hard figures are you judging these people on?

How many times must someone perform a jump?

You cannot have a basis on both consistency AND max jump without awarding a weight for each. If person one can complete 375 with 100% consistency but 376 with 50% consistency and person two completes both jumps with 75% consistency, which of the two is better?

What maps are used to judge speed of completion? (a bounce heavy map may be easier to complete by someone not able to complete a rpg strafe heavy map - skewing results)

Who is timing these runs? This community has huge biases towards friends - just look at the 'who is a better clan post', no doubt they will vote for themselves.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » January 8th, 2013, 9:55 am

I have much experience in custom maps. . 3 years gets you around when you play all the time you get to know who is best and who is better than you just by watching players on all different kinds of maps. You're thinking far too technical. This is just in general over easy maps/ medium maps/ hard maps/ expert maps.. Only certain people can even beat the hardest maps such as dark_v3. I think only Paragon, kie, freakz, and Wez have completed the map, and as far as i know none of them have done it in one go besides Paragon. Because of this, (and for many other reasons) Paragon gets number 1. Then Kie and fre4kz are almost identical in skill, and Wez is a close fourth..

Maybe the gap ranking is invalid however.. its still a good guestimate

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 8th, 2013, 10:13 am

Vartazian wrote:I have much experience in custom maps. . 3 years gets you around when you play all the time you get to know who is best and who is better than you just by watching players on all different kinds of maps. You're thinking far too technical. This is just in general over easy maps/ medium maps/ hard maps/ expert maps.. Only certain people can even beat the hardest maps such as dark_v3. I think only Paragon, kie, freakz, and Wez have completed the map, and as far as i know none of them have done it in one go besides Paragon. Because of this, (and for many other reasons) Paragon gets number 1. Then Kie and fre4kz are almost identical in skill, and Wez is a close fourth..

Maybe the gap ranking is invalid however.. its still a good guestimate
Sounds to me like fanboyism. You're saying that 3 years of playing gives you enough merit to actually decide(objectively, as you seem to do) who is the "best" jumper? Describe your criteria, in detail, on how you decided who gets which position on that list.
You're thinking far too technical. This is just in general over easy maps/ medium maps/ hard maps/ expert maps.. Only certain people can even beat the hardest maps such as dark_v3.
And you're thinking far too subjectively. Show us some hard statistics, comparisons, anything that objectively portrays one jumper being "better" than the others.
and as far as i know none of them have done it in one go besides Paragon. Because of this, (and for many other reasons) Paragon gets number 1. Then Kie and fre4kz are almost identical in skill, and Wez is a close fourth..
Right, so basically he's the best because he can do that particular set of jumps in that particular order. How does that make him the "best" jumper, again?

I'd suggest you rename your list to 'Vartazian's highly subjective list of best CoD4 jumpers'. :P
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » January 8th, 2013, 11:10 am

where is Al3x , Cross , codthedude , mpc , xpayne , ai caramba , dantheman , ranky , gagarin , barbaar , louw and many more that beat every1 in your list and that's why you need to be with CJ from 2003 ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i understand the post including only 2012/13 Jumpers :)
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » January 8th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I dont know those jumpers that much, only from videos.

So for the custom maps my favorite is Freakz and then wix!

nd for the "normal maps" I like very much Zero Fishy Xpayne and Flex! But my favorite on of all is Kiwi :D
. Image

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 8th, 2013, 12:59 pm

It's a good list, but you have to understand (as xpayne pointed out) that Vartazian hasn't been around so much. And you can't compare CoD4 jumping to CoD1 jumping (Although you probably can with gap records).

In terms of finding jumps and finding glitches, Louw is obviously the best.

In my time of finding a lot of jumps and getting help from the community, the best jumpers are TheDude and Raptus (He's a beast at RPG strafes).
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 8th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Vartazian wrote:You're thinking far too technical.
You're the one who put the percentages that made me question the technicalities.
If you had told me "this is a list of people I think are the best jumpers in CoD4", then fine, but you can't pretend these numbers are not made up on the spot.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » January 8th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Hardcore wrote:I dont know those jumpers that much, only from videos.

nd for the "normal maps" I like very much Zero Fishy Xpayne and Flex! But my favorite on of all is Kiwi :D
Just wanted to say lol at Flex, first of all its Phl3x. Second of all, this list seems to cover only custom map jumpers, there are many more jumpers that have done extremely hard stuff on stock that cant compare to custom maps because the circumstacnes are different. In addition you actually have to find the bounces on stock maps.
Gaming is the entertainment, glitching provides the action.

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » January 8th, 2013, 3:34 pm

runescare wrote:
Hardcore wrote:I dont know those jumpers that much, only from videos.

Just wanted to say lol at Flex, first of all its Phl3x. Second of all, this list seems to cover only custom map jumpers, there are many more jumpers that have done extremely hard stuff on stock that cant compare to custom maps because the circumstacnes are different. In addition you actually have to find the bounces on stock maps.
You gotta find the shortcuts and special, not normal way bounces on custom maps too. They're more obvious yeah, cause you don't have to worry about the bounce surface, you can surely know that it bounces you, but the landings are sometimes as hard to find as in the stock maps.

Yea, they cannot be compared in the same circumstances. But for the record, custom map jumpers are not playing custom maps, cause its so fun to play in that "area" (well talking of myself , and probably many other), We play that because on stock maps you can't test the possibbilites of CoD4, like testing how perfect can you hit a bounce and how far it brings you.
Once you understand the engine of airstrafing with billion FPS-combination, you will be able to finish the new "shit looking - flying platform ones" and you won't play it because you got bored of stock and you want play in a new era, you will play it, because you want to keeo up your technichs to these bounces, be more up-to-date in the new trends in CJ.

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » January 8th, 2013, 4:20 pm

A very interesting topic. The marks in the first post (like 84%) are obviously made up. A human being can't judge with such accuracy. Try and explain me the difference between 84% and 85%. You can, of course, say that 85% is little higher but this doesn't mean much.
It would be better if it was like

1st. Person A
2nd. Person B
3rd. Person C

And so on

It would be better, but still far from objective judgment.

Even when talking only about gap jumping, there are complications. As Drofder explained.
(Your record may be better but your opponent might be more 'stable'.)
So, you will need a lot of strict criteria.

Hardcore
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Hardcore » January 8th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Vartazian wrote:

OS ranking (speed)

1. ParagoN 100%
2. =.VaRtaZiaN.= 97%
3. Tayzer 96%
4. Lagyconnectionz 93%
5. YoDa 85%
6. Soap 85%
7. Naked 83%
8. Pretty 81 %
9. Kie 80%
10. Fre4kz 80%
11. Fishy
12. Hustle 76%
13. Sacred 75%
14. Fre4kz 75%
15. Cook 72%
There is 2 times Freakz btw
. Image

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » January 8th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Hardcore wrote:
Vartazian wrote:

OS ranking (speed)

1. ParagoN 100%
2. =.VaRtaZiaN.= 97%
3. Tayzer 96%
4. Lagyconnectionz 93%
5. YoDa 85%
6. Soap 85%
7. Naked 83%
8. Pretty 81 %
9. Kie 80%
10. Fre4kz 80%
11. Fishy
12. Hustle 76%
13. Sacred 75%
14. Fre4kz 75%
15. Cook 72%
There is 2 times Freakz btw
I don't even play OS tho lol. I'm on an OS server maybe once a half-year. Maybe vartaz assumed these from the Non-OS list or idk.