[SOLVED]Cod2 and cod1 map downloads don't work

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Josh246810
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: josh246810

[SOLVED]Cod2 and cod1 map downloads don't work

Post by Josh246810 » December 30th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Hi, I was trying to download a few cod2 maps, but when i click download it just sends me to another page with random numbers and letters, I checked the other downloads too, and it's the same for cod1, but cod4 and cod5 maps work fine.
Here's just an extremely tiny version of what it says.

PK�����¼~c3���������������maps/PK�����¼~c3���������������maps/mp/PK����„ºHAWj©÷š�äKO� ���maps/mp/jm_jumpers_heaven.d3dbsp´ZIsGvn:&,ÆŽ˜pØŽ˜ÐÁVhFš‘D‚¤Hqgè½öܗʪn�ÞjoÈcÝæì“Âü|óÁ¾9|tÌÑ?aŽstøä—ÕÅ¡�¤ÀñÝÕU¯*3¿|ß÷²0>ÀáO:ÎÞŸw:Ýð¡ÓíTtZ«>è¾l÷þr׊ŸÝèüî¯áøßt:ÿûËýÎÿÚ§û

I'm pretty sure it's not just for me too, as I can download cod4 and cod5 maps?
Last edited by Josh246810 on December 30th, 2012, 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cod2 and cod1 map downloads don't work

Post by Pedsdude » December 30th, 2012, 6:07 pm

It's because the CoD1 maps are stored on our site as .pk3, whereas other game maps are stored as .zip. CoD1 maps were always stored as just one file rather than multiple files you would have to zip up.

If you're on the jump maps download page, right click on the download link and choose "Save Link As" (Firefox) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer).

Alternatively, you can go "File" -> "Save Page As" while you're on that white/text screen having left clicked on the download link.

I'm not sure why it's doing it now, it never used to, perhaps there was a Firefox update which caused it to treat .pk3 files differently for some reason?

Either way, I'll have to add some instruction text at the top of the page, or alternatively zip them all individually (a hassle for both me and anyone downloading maps...).

Josh246810
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: josh246810

Re: Cod2 and cod1 map downloads don't work

Post by Josh246810 » December 30th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Thanks, the file > save as worked for me.
And I don't think zipping them all is necessary, as long as people follow the simple instructions provided it'll be fine. It does take quite a while to load the page though, seeing as theres so much text.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: [SOLVED]Cod2 and cod1 map downloads don't work

Post by IzNoGoD » December 31st, 2012, 3:04 am

For (at least) cod2 maps it refuses to broadcast the filesize, which in some cases have lead to above issues.
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!