CoD4 doesn't start up anymore (fuck dedicated server)

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Pikachew
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

CoD4 doesn't start up anymore (fuck dedicated server)

Post by Pikachew » December 24th, 2012, 12:04 am

Hey Jumper Guys :D I need help with my application, cod4 is always sucking around somehow and I don't get how to post a thread in tek9-forums LOL! So I have to bother you guys, I'm so sorry :D

First of all, is cod4 competititve gaming dying out? Every well known star/clan like WesternWolves/phantasmagoria/phatasy (of course I had to mention him :P) is out of buisness somehow :(

But now to my problem. I made a few of my friends play CoD4 :D and they wanted to play 1on1 so we tryed to create our own servers and I even tryed it with dedicated servers. However, since I started that fcking dedicated server, my application won't start up anymore. So, it opens it up but when the black screen appears, it suddenly crashes without any error's or whatever, it just closes. I'm just feared of reinstall the game because of my stats and all my work behind my profile. I played like 5 times up to lvl 55 and I actually don't want to redo that shit again. PLS HELP ME IF YOU CAN! THANK YOU GUYS!

P.S. yes I know, I'm so incapable in everything I do right now :PPPPP

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoD4 doesn't start up anymore (fuck dedicated server)

Post by Drofder2004 » December 24th, 2012, 8:24 am

Try deleting your config_mp.cfg
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pikachew
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Pikachew » December 24th, 2012, 11:08 am

haha :D The problem with this is that i already wanted to do that and when I looked, there was no config_mp file in it :S, so I put my own created into that folder... but however, didn't work

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » December 24th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Which folder were you looking in exactly? Something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\"Name"? If you have played multiplayer at all there should be a config_mp file. If it's not in there it maybe be here: C:\Users\"User"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\"Name", that's where mine is.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » December 24th, 2012, 11:42 pm

It will automatically make your config file when you start the game up.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pikachew
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Pikachew » December 25th, 2012, 3:12 pm

YES! THANK YOU! I thought that wouldn't change anything because the profile was called differntly than my actual ^^ but it worked! GJ guys cu on a server or somewhere :)

-closed-