Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

spaz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: Sgt Spore

Just starting :P

Post by spaz » August 8th, 2012, 1:17 am

I joined June 7th, 2012 :P and I have made a video to show some skills I have gained until now ^^. It is posted on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEGQxPwaCsk I like to know what you guys think of it. I have a low ammount of experience and I dont have any editting skills for videos but I like you guys opinion :). All jumps are 125fps, on a map called mp_more_backlot_fun

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Just starting :P

Post by Xpayne » August 8th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Try these command's

r_fog 0
exec enable_art.cfg
cg_draw2d 0 , have fun!
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spaz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by spaz » August 9th, 2012, 2:03 am

Here is my second attempt to a the jump video :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr9GdU1g_mc

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » August 9th, 2012, 3:10 am

Nice jumps, but follow the tips these guys give for better quality vids ! :D

spaz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by spaz » August 9th, 2012, 4:06 am

Ya I tried out the commands but then I had to do some stuff and I had problems so I restarted and I had forgotten the tips xpayne gave me :( thats why I thought maybe try a 3rd video, but not of just this map but multiple free roam maps with the biggest bounces I know in each :D

spaz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by spaz » August 9th, 2012, 7:49 am

I am working on making a good cfg for a codjumper movie. Once I finished it and it works out nicely. I will attempt to make a new codjumper video, either about helping out for the newcomers or a vid of some more bounces in a free roam map(s). Any recomandations on making a cfg that is both nice for a movie but good for fps would be great. :)

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » August 9th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Well the bounces in the second one were certainly more enjoyable to watch; good job. You just need to work on the video quality. If you wish to continue recording with fraps remember to record a demo in game first with binds such as /bind = record Jump1 and /bind - stoprecord. Once you have the demo/s recorded and ready to use fraps adjust the settings on your CoD4 to max. Now before you start recording with fraps just go into a devmap quickly and make sure that all the cmds are working correctly (god etc.) If you choose to use a movie config (recommended) make sure that you turn it on now just to make sure that it looks good (/exec movie.cfg).
Finally exit the game and play the demo (/demo "demo_name"). Play the demo a few times as it may lag if you have a low spec computer the first few times, the same applies for then recording it with fraps it may lag a few times and you may need to make more than one recording until you get the desired smoothness.

You can find things to help improve your video quality such as movie configs here.

spaz
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by spaz » August 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Thank you that is what I am working on. I will attempt to make new video with much better quality and smoothness :P