Too everyone I offended.

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Too everyone I offended.

Post by Chucky. » July 14th, 2012, 9:48 pm

Hi all, I've been registered to this Forum for around a month, I'm not really used to Forums at all, I'm not really a social person online, like having FaceBook or anything. I signed up too this Forum as I got love for CoD Jumping, no I admit I'm not a "pro", but anyways I gotten into mapping and loved it. I wanted to give CJ more maps to practise there skills on. Yeah, my maps suck, I should've took the criticism and either laughed at the harsh ones or accepted and tried to improve. Instead I guess I raged and didn't accept anything. After reading trough some of my posts, I realize I can come across as arrogant, immature and well, dumb. I just didn't like how Vart tried giving me advice, seen as everything that was trashed on my ealier maps i.e floating platforms, theme etc described he's map exactly. Please Vart, I'm not trying to be offensive here, I love to_the_moon, I can finally complete Intermediate lol. Just saying my opinion I guess. Anyways my whole reason for this post was to apologize to every single person who tried to help me become better at mapping, even the guys who didn't want me to improve. Even they guys trolling me, I apologize. I'd like to become accepted in this community, if no one wants me on these Forums then just say here, anyone want to rage at me, then do it. I wont be a dick, I'll accept and wont post again. I want to also apologize to peds, I didn't mean to say your map sucks, I just wanted to say it was easy for me, but that's the whole point of the map, sort of training map I guess.

Regards, Chucky.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Too everyone I offended.

Post by F |Madness| U » July 14th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Probably one of your better posts that I have read.
-

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 14th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Nicely written, despite the grammatical errors :twisted:

Apology accepted.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 14th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Nicely written, despite the grammatical errors :twisted:

Apology accepted.
Yeah, my grammar isn't great :roll:

Thank you.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 14th, 2012, 11:21 pm

People only trolled you because you acted like a spoilt brat.

If you cannot take criticism (no matter what the level; good, bad, useful, pointless, insulting, etc) then production of ANYTHING is not your scene. There will always be someone who will hate your stuff, no matter how good it is.

If you are unable to accept and use the help you are given, then what is the point of asking for it?

Apologies are unnecessary, I was not offended. If anything, I thank you for allowing me to play google image word association.
---

For the record, if there are admins who simply did not want you here, you wouldn't be here.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 14th, 2012, 11:26 pm

I guess for what it's worth, it does take balls to man up and apologize and I respect you for that. Now go back to CoD4Radiant and start improving those future maps of yours. :P
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 14th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:People only trolled you because you acted like a spoilt brat.

If you cannot take criticism (no matter what the level; good, bad, useful, pointless, insulting, etc) then production of ANYTHING is not your scene. There will always be someone who will hate your stuff, no matter how good it is.

If you are unable to accept and use the help you are given, then what is the point of asking for it?

Apologies are unnecessary, I was not offended. If anything, I thank you for allowing me to play google image word association.
---

For the record, if there are admins who simply did not want you here, you wouldn't be here.
I accept and can take criticism, but it felt like everyone hated my maps, which I look at now and I can see it's understandable. Not really sure what you mean by "If anything, I thank you for allowing me to play google image word association", I know what it is, just didn't understand the concept I guess.

I don't want everyone to like things I release, that'll be too perfect, I understand there will always be people who hate things that others love.

I'm not exspecting people to welcome me on these forums with open arms, aslong as some of the people I have offended knows I'm sorry. That's all that really matters to me.
I guess for what it's worth, it does take balls to man up and apologize and I respect you for that. Now go back to CoD4Radiant and start improving those future maps of yours. :P
Thank you Rezil.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 14th, 2012, 11:54 pm

Rezil wrote:I guess for what it's worth, it does take balls to man up and apologize and I respect you for that. Now go back to CoD4Radiant and start improving those future maps of yours. :P
This.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 15th, 2012, 12:59 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:
Rezil wrote:I guess for what it's worth, it does take balls to man up and apologize and I respect you for that. Now go back to CoD4Radiant and start improving those future maps of yours. :P
This.
I haven't stopped mapping at all, the second I read my posts back I regreted it. All I can do is apologize and prove I'm worthy for these forums.

Thank you to those who accepted this thread. Thank you too those who posted on this thread at all, really appreciate it.

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » July 15th, 2012, 1:04 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:
This.
That.

People on these forums will accept you with open arms and will help you whenever you need help with something, doesn't even have to be CoD related. And indeed, in whatever you do there are haters and lovers. By now there are enough maps out there that will satisfy the needs of your haters so they're also happy. Compare your maps to some of the best and try to compete. And i'll give the sites again that will help you ALOT in case you missed them last time :

Help with scripting
General Mapping Tutorials

Just create maps however you feel like, create your own style, and just enjoy what you're doing, then the time of completion doesn't matter.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » July 15th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Sohvax wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:
This.
That.

People on these forums will accept you with open arms and will help you whenever you need help with something, doesn't even have to be CoD related. And indeed, in whatever you do there are haters and lovers. By now there are enough maps out there that will satisfy the needs of your haters so they're also happy. Compare your maps to some of the best and try to compete. And i'll give the sites again that will help you ALOT in case you missed them last time :

Help with scripting
General Mapping Tutorials

Just create maps however you feel like, create your own style, and just enjoy what you're doing, then the time of completion doesn't matter.
Thank you for your input, appreciate it :)

Koj
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Koj » July 15th, 2012, 4:31 pm

True