CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

For jump related chat that is specific to the PC

Moderators: Core Staff, PC Team

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

Post by Pedsdude » July 6th, 2012, 5:08 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:But we kind of need Peds' input now since he's the one in charge of the rotation :P

Code: Select all

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_fortress gametype cj map mp_windsor_p gametype cj map mp_destroyed gametype cj map mp_madhouse gametype cj map mp_dark_v2 gametype cj map mp_sonic gametype cj map mp_rbliamv3 gametype cj map mp_noname gametype cj map mp_tampl gametype cj map mp_dark gametype cj map mp_ultimate gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_fussaids_v1 gametype cj map mp_trauma gametype cj map mp_into_the_blue gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_vertigo gametype cj map mp_insight gametype cj map mp_meh gametype cj map mp_pgb_jump gametype cj map mp_vectra gametype cj map mp_canyon gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_to_the_moon gametype cj map mp_trial_2_p gametype cj map mp_gp_jump gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_lawless_v2 gametype cj map mp_insane gametype cj map mp_space gametype cj map mp_all_in gametype cj map mp_crazy_jump"
Edit as required.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 7th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
x0ozero0x wrote:But we kind of need Peds' input now since he's the one in charge of the rotation :P

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada gametype cj map mp_windsor_p gametype cj map mp_dark_v2 gametype cj map mp_sonic gametype cj map mp_oerba gametype cj map mp_noname gametype cj map mp_pigi gametype cj map mp_architektur gametype cj map mp_ultimate gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_fussaids_v1 gametype cj map mp_pgb_jump gametype cj map mp_polar gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_inspiration gametype cj map mp_lost_world gametype cj map mp_digital gametype cj map mp_monkeys_home gametype cj map mp_islands gametype cj map mp_canyon gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_to_the_moon gametype cj map mp_trial_2_p gametype cj map mp_gp_jump gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_cheops gametype cj map mp_spacestation gametype cj map mp_rocket gametype cj map mp_all_in gametype cj map mp_natural_jump gametype cj map mp_trial gametype cj map mp_wireframe_r4 gametype cj map mp_rooftops"
I've talked to a few people and they've also said they wanted mp_rooftops created by ab glitcher (I think), but I couldn't find it posted anywhere on here so you would probably have to get permission from him first. Also mp_inspiration is created by Vartazian and I think he was still working on a proper ending for it; he also hasn't posted here either.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 13th, 2012, 1:10 am

Anymore feedback :?:

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » July 13th, 2012, 3:24 pm

I'm not going to recommend maps for the rotation because i barely play in the servers nowadays but you might want to reconsider some of these older maps.

Most of them have been on the server for a couple of months in the past and very populair and certainly great maps. Enjoyed all of them myself. Altho it'd probably get tedious fast if you do not put any of the newer maps on because i recon most people already know the older maps and would like some variation.

Again, i don't play on the server myself, so i leave the decision with the community of course. Just sharing my thoughts!
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 13th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Yeah a few maps such as pgb_jump and gp_jump are getting a tad boring in my opinion but looking at the range of newly released maps they all require a high skill level. This isn't necessarily a bad thing I just don't see much point putting maps in that only a hand full of people can complete.
Maps such as rocket, lost_world and natural_jump are old maps but haven't been on the server for a while, also it is a good start for the beginners.
I would like for some more experienced jumpers to leave feedback to see what they think about the higher difficulty maps and which ones they would like to see, but for now if we change it we can see the reaction/get suggestions from on the server itself.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 13th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Give me a maprotation and I'll get them all up. #1 is moving to a new IP soon, so I don't want to have to upload a load of maps that won't be in the new rotation. The sooner you give me a rotation, the better :)

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 13th, 2012, 11:01 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada gametype cj map mp_windsor_p gametype cj map mp_dark_v2 gametype cj map mp_sonic gametype cj map mp_oerba gametype cj map mp_noname gametype cj map mp_pigi gametype cj map mp_architektur gametype cj map mp_ultimate gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_fussaids_v1 gametype cj map mp_pgb_jump gametype cj map mp_polar gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_inspiration gametype cj map mp_lost_world gametype cj map mp_digital gametype cj map mp_monkeys_home gametype cj map mp_islands gametype cj map mp_canyon gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_to_the_moon gametype cj map mp_trial_2_p gametype cj map mp_gp_jump gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_cheops gametype cj map mp_spacestation gametype cj map mp_rocket gametype cj map mp_all_in gametype cj map mp_natural_jump gametype cj map mp_trial gametype cj map mp_wireframe_r4 gametype cj map mp_rooftops"
Well this is what I posted but we need to get permission from Vartazian for mp_inspiration and AB Glitcher for mp_rooftops. As well as download links/uploads to the completed maps section :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 13th, 2012, 11:21 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Well this is what I posted but we need to get permission from Vartazian for mp_inspiration and AB Glitcher for mp_rooftops. As well as download links/uploads to the completed maps section :P
Oh right, you quoted me, so I didn't notice you'd made any changes :lol:

I don't think they would have any issues with us putting their maps on a popular server, especially as they already have other maps on our site/servers... Not that we need their permission anyway, given it's technically in the public domain :P

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 13th, 2012, 11:37 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:we need to get permission from Vartazian for mp_inspiration and AB Glitcher for mp_rooftop
We will ask for permission to add a map to the server, when players start asking permission to play on the mod -.-

The maps are and always will be free for anyone and everyone that chooses to host, play and distribute them and the owners of those maps should be pleased anyone is willing to do it.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 14th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Okaii these two maps just aren't publicly available on these forums yet though so unless Peds has them is anyone willing to post download links? :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 14th, 2012, 2:06 pm

Got them, not hard to find on Google ;)

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » July 15th, 2012, 7:06 pm

So now we have new rotation some old maps which is good but we still have new maps... WHY? they are all bad and intended to be the 'hardest' I guess my list was not took into account..
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 15th, 2012, 7:18 pm

As I have told you before Scott we can't please everyone, we need to have a mix of difficulty in the maps. A fair few players do enjoy the difficulty that comes with the new 2011/2012 maps, just because you don't doesn't mean your opinion is the only one that is valid. As you can see I added most of the maps you suggested (so yes your list was taken into account...) and added more that jumpers from a variety of skill levels will enjoy.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » July 15th, 2012, 8:49 pm

remove

mp_dark_v2
mp_nevada
mp_insperation
mp_to_the_moon
mp_noname
mp_islands

and we have a decent server..
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team

Post by x0ozero0x » July 16th, 2012, 1:28 am

scott wrote: 17) mp_to_the_moon

20) mp_dark_v2
These two were in your list no idea why you are saying remove them; just being your militant "I hate 2012 maps" I guess, as for the rest no, I believe it is fine as is for now until they start saying so on the server itself.

Enjoy :mrgreen: