CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

For jump related chat that is specific to the PC

Moderators: Core Staff, PC Team

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

Post by scott » June 26th, 2012, 11:45 am

Order of maps I -=JuMp=-Scott think should be in the CoDJumper #1 Rotation (with 1 being my most wanted map and 20 being my least)

1) mp_all_in - This map is an old map that has Hard and Easy path it is very fun and the jumps are not too hard they advance on hardness as you get further in. This is also my favourite map.

2) mp_peds_propel - This map is one of the best maps for begginers it is not very hard but it is still very fun in all the time I have played peds_propel never gets boring for me. It has some fun things for the better jumpers aswell like getting on the barrier and hitting huge bounces or riding the swing.

3) mp_trial - Again one of the oldest maps but has made a big impact on the codjumping community this map has easy path and hard path and even an extreme path the jumps are fun and not too difficult but there are still a few challenging jumps. It has all different kind of jumps for beginners to practice on like rpg jumping, rpg strafing, jumping around walls it will benefit the community if this map was back.

4) mp_rocket - Rocket is an old map which like all maps has some hard and easy jumps it is visually pleasing and has a huge rocket you need to jump around to work with the name maps like this are best in my opinion because these are all the maps that I learned how to jump on.

5) mp_spacestation - This was a unique map back in 2009 where dan made the teleport to an upside down room of the previous room it was quite difficult but compared to maps now days it was fun difficult. The secret was also fun and allowed the players to do different things like increase their g_speed making them run faster or go invisible it was the only map at the time that could do this.

6) mp_jm_sewer - For me this map was a real challange but even now this map is easy to me and it's still fun the theme is done well and at some points a little crazy but it works. It has a secret which allows the player the ability to teleport other players to them but first they have to find the secret triggers hidden around the map.

7) mp_mountainbase - One of my first maps that I could complete It looks good and has some really nice jumps some are tricky some are easy but this map is fun or should be fun for new players and even the better jumpers. Once again it has very cool secrets allowing players to obtain weapons and get a sence of achievement for having better knowledge of the map and getting them.

8.) mp_crazy_jump - This map is one of the longer maps but the jumps are fairly easy it has some fun shortcuts for the better jumpers and fun jumps for beginners. It would be a shame having this map removed since it has played a quite big part in codjumper for me and many others.

9) mp_yo - I used to spend ages in codjumper #1 spectating better players in 2009 doing this map i could never get past a certain part and eventually with practice i did it and because i could do this basic jump i could get past parts in other maps. This map features rpg strafes, hard bounces, easy bounces and other fun jumps to perform that's what codjumper is supposed to be about having fun.

10) mp_badboys - Like the other maps this map features fun secrets and ways to obtain guns with a range of difficult and easy jumps for all players. This map is again one of the first maps i completed and I'm sure most of the older jumpers wont want to see this map get took off the rotation because it should of played a fairly big part in their codjumping time.

11) mp_windsor_p - This map looks amazing and has many different rooms all with a different theme inside each of them. It has a cool secret you can access when you finish if you pick up 3 keys hidden around the map you can go through 3 extra doors to acess other areas.

12) mp_ib_glass_v3 - An old map but a classic most people on the server like this map it isnt too hard but people still enjoy it.This map has allways been on the rotation because it was popular and it should stay that way.

13) gp_jump - A very fun map in my opinion even when you finish you can have fun by doing many things like different bounces to certain places like the house roof. This map is not very hard but can be challenging for new players but not too difficult to where they can't get past the first jump.

14) mp_dungeon_p - Another map of dans is here because dungeon is also an amazing map it has mostly easy jumps but some will find tricky and at the end it comes up with the time they completed the map in so the better jumpers try to get their best time.

15) mp_vectra - This map like most others has easy and hard jumps with fun secrets and it should definitely stay in CoDJumper #1

16) mp_canyon - This map looks great and meets the theme of the name 'canyon' you can't use rpg and it is possible only 125 fps this is great for jumpers who don't have great pc's

17) mp_to_the_moon - A very popular map these days that is allways on CodJumper #1 people are allways playing this map without votes getting called to change it for around 30 minutes it has been proven that this map is suitable for all difficulties because it has Easy, Intermediate, Advanced routes to take.

18) mp_tampl - A very unique map in CoDJumper #1 this map is set to only allow you to be able to save in certain places and can be quite tricky but it starts off with easy jumps and gets harder throughout the map.

19) mp_trial_2 - An old map that features 3 difficulties Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced also when you finish there is a timer specifying what difficulty you completed and what time you did it in this map can be quite competitive but advanced is a real challange for even the best of experienced jumpers.

20) mp_dark_v2 - I don't really like dark v1 or v2 but I had to pick this map because it is popular and the server needs a map where players can't finish in the set time.
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 26th, 2012, 2:35 pm

Good interesting topic. I always believe the community comes up with the most populair jump maps. Nice mix of difficulty too if I'm honest.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » June 26th, 2012, 2:55 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Good interesting topic. I always believe the community comes up with the most populair jump maps. Nice mix of difficulty too if I'm honest.
Well from all the time I have played CoDJumper It was most fun with the majority of these maps.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 26th, 2012, 3:05 pm

i would add to this list: sonic, monkeys home, digital, cheops and islands
i would remove to this list: crazy jump, spacestation, jm sewer, vectra and trial :)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 26th, 2012, 5:03 pm

I liked islands, sonic and monkeys home. Not sure about the others :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 26th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Goro92 wrote:i would add to this list: sonic, monkeys home, digital, cheops and islands
i would remove to this list: crazy jump, spacestation, jm sewer, vectra and trial :)
OP has come up with logical reasons for every map. Its great you wanna add some input, but at least give a it of reasoning behind it -.-
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » June 27th, 2012, 1:26 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
Goro92 wrote:i would add to this list: sonic, monkeys home, digital, cheops and islands
OP has come up with logical reasons for every map. Its great you wanna add some input, but at least give a it of reasoning behind it -.-
Yeah the reason I spent time actually writing them is because CoDJumper #1 is the server I have played most and I know what I think from what I've seen most of these maps will work best on the server also I forgot pgb_jump that map is great :D

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » June 27th, 2012, 4:04 am

yea your right the maps you named above ive also had most fun on aswell.....and to the other guy why take out vectra that map is fun..

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 27th, 2012, 8:48 am

Drofder2004 wrote: OP has come up with logical reasons for every map. Its great you wanna add some input, but at least give a it of reasoning behind it -.-
ok my english is horrible but i try :P

mp_sonic - Theme obviously based on Sonic, a lot of different kind of jumps. It is possible only 125 fps, this map is a real challenge. After you have collected all the 7 emeralds and finished the map, you can enter in the "supersonic" mode.

mp_monkeys_home - Really cool theme and jumps, the map is great for the beginners. There is also a training area for jumping, bouncing, climb bouncing and stacking. One of the first maps i have completed.

mp_digital - One of the coolest looking maps ever, 125 FPS only with no-RPG, awesome scripting. It's a map where you can test your strafing ability.

mp_cheops - The player is meant to jump in and around the pyramid. It is very fun and the jumps are not too hard, the map also have some funny secrets.

mp_islands - I love playing this map everytime..really fun jumps, easy and hard bounces. The theme is very good, one of the last maps released that i love to play

The Unknown wrote: why take out vectra that map is fun..
in my opinion is a very boring map, a lot of useless scripts.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 27th, 2012, 10:25 am

By reading this topic I just have the urge to start up some custom maps >_>

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » June 27th, 2012, 2:18 pm

mp_sonic - Theme obviously based on Sonic, a lot of different kind of jumps. It is possible only 125 fps, this map is a real challenge. After you have collected all the 7 emeralds and finished the map, you can enter in the "supersonic" mode.

mp_monkeys_home - Really cool theme and jumps, the map is great for the beginners. There is also a training area for jumping, bouncing, climb bouncing and stacking. One of the first maps i have completed.

mp_digital - One of the coolest looking maps ever, 125 FPS only with no-RPG, awesome scripting. It's a map where you can test your strafing ability.

mp_cheops - The player is meant to jump in and around the pyramid. It is very fun and the jumps are not too hard, the map also have some funny secrets.

mp_islands - I love playing this map everytime..really fun jumps, easy and hard bounces. The theme is very good, one of the last maps released that i love to play

Yeah I like these maps but I just chose what I personally think is my favourites I have never played islands I'll go play it now :D

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » June 27th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Since there are so many jump maps now it's hard going through and picking a suitable amount for the rotation and getting a mix people will enjoy. For instance on Scott's list the maps I'm not sure about are:

Trial - although I do enjoy this map I'm not sure it's worth bringing back to CJ #1 most people already know all the secrets and just skip most of the map (I know this is choice). Also in the past when I saw new players attempting the easy route and sometimes hard route it would just end up in a big blockfest and kick spamming then occurs.

Sewer - Again there is an issue with blocking that I see on this map at the last bounce of the first room some people still struggle to do it and it just ends up in a mess.

Crazy Jump - Well there is really only one main shortcut people use and to be honest I think the actually map is a tad dull I never enjoyed playing it even when I was a beginner. Replace this with something like Natural Jump or Lost World both good maps for beginners as I enjoyed playing them when I first started playing on PC.

Tampl - this is just personal preference but I didn't enjoy this map I'm not a fan of being limited to only saving in certain areas it just gets repetitive dieing then starting back at the last save. Replace this with another 125 only map such as Noname or Sonic perhaps both for players such as ddd.

PGB Jump - there is only one probably with this map and that is the failed anti-block script at the beginning, I spend a lot the time going into the cage to get other players out for them to play the map.

The rest of the maps were fine in my opinion but I can see how some people may not like them.

Also some of the difficulty driven jumpers want woodland or whatever the newest/hardest map that is out at the moment.
Just filter out a single list until everyone is happy with it, it will probably encourage people who play on server #1 that haven't already to sign up and have there say on this matter.

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » July 2nd, 2012, 1:21 am

yea zero does make a good point on the map he discussed about ... and i agree with him on what he says.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » July 6th, 2012, 4:05 am

The Unknown wrote:yea zero does make a good point on the map he discussed about ... and i agree with him on what he says.
Yeah I guess I agree with some but not pgb_jump that map is amazing and will remain fun forever :D

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 6th, 2012, 3:10 pm

scott wrote:
The Unknown wrote:yea zero does make a good point on the map he discussed about ... and i agree with him on what he says.
Yeah I guess I agree with some but not pgb_jump that map is amazing and will remain fun forever :D
Apart from the whole failed anti-block script which I mentioned and the constant question "Why can't I get out and play?" If there was a way to remove/negate this sure but for now it's a bad idea imo.

Also:

mp_inspiration - looks like a nice change in pace for a jump map and could be fun to have something different on the server.

But we kind of need Peds' input now since he's the one in charge of the rotation :P