scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: CoDJumper #1 Map Rotation My Opinion

Post by scott » July 16th, 2012, 3:19 am

x0ozero0x wrote:
scott wrote: 17) mp_to_the_moon

20) mp_dark_v2
These two were in your list no idea why you are saying remove them; just being your militant "I hate 2012 maps" I guess, as for the rest no, I believe it is fine as is for now until they start saying so on the server itself.

Enjoy :mrgreen:
because I was told we need some popular maps and a hard map for people :/
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 25th, 2012, 10:04 pm

I've been told that this rotation is currently causing issues (presumably one of the maps).

I just joined and it was on mp_ib_glass_v3, with the scoreboard and a continuous ticking sound (like it was the end of the map). Any ideas on why this would be? Are any of the maps in the rotation troublesome? (I seem to remember wireframe causing issues in the past, but that was mainly iwd issues as opposed to map freezes)

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada gametype cj map mp_windsor_p gametype cj map mp_dark_v2 gametype cj map mp_sonic gametype cj map mp_oerba gametype cj map mp_noname gametype cj map mp_pigi gametype cj map mp_architektur gametype cj map mp_ultimate gametype cj map mp_ib_glass_v3 gametype cj map mp_fussaids_v1 gametype cj map mp_pgb_jump gametype cj map mp_polar gametype cj map mp_peds_propel gametype cj map mp_inspiration gametype cj map mp_lost_world gametype cj map mp_digital gametype cj map mp_monkeys_home gametype cj map mp_islands gametype cj map mp_canyon gametype cj map mp_dungeon_p gametype cj map mp_to_the_moon gametype cj map mp_trial_2_p gametype cj map mp_gp_jump gametype cj map mp_mountainbase gametype cj map mp_cheops gametype cj map mp_spacestation gametype cj map mp_rocket gametype cj map mp_all_in gametype cj map mp_natural_jump gametype cj map mp_trial gametype cj map mp_wireframe_r4 gametype cj map mp_rooftops"

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 25th, 2012, 11:50 pm

That amount of maps is potentially borderline string limits. I would suggest removing one and seeing how it goes.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 26th, 2012, 6:10 pm

On that basis, how come some servers have extremely large maprotations? Is there an easy workaround to this, where we can keep the current rotation? (assuming it is indeed string limit)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 26th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Pedsdude wrote:On that basis, how come some servers have extremely large maprotations? Is there an easy workaround to this, where we can keep the current rotation? (assuming it is indeed string limit)
Do we require the "gametype cj" for every map? The gametype will revert the gametype back if it detects anything else (and you cannot get any other gametype without rcon)...
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 26th, 2012, 8:27 pm

Tried only doing it once in the past and server didn't start.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 26th, 2012, 10:11 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Tried only doing it once in the past and server didn't start.
I just created a 40 map rotation (using stock maps) and had no problems skipping the words "gametype cj" (I rotated about 10 times and kept the gametype running).

I must also add, the server must NOT have IWDs in the folder if they are NOT being used. All IWDs are referenced into a DVAR whether or not the are in the rotation.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 28th, 2012, 8:36 pm

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada map mp_windsor_p map mp_dark_v2 map mp_sonic map mp_oerba map mp_noname map mp_pigi map mp_architektur map mp_ultimate map mp_ib_glass_v3 map mp_fussaids_v1 map mp_pgb_jump map mp_polar map mp_peds_propel map mp_inspiration map mp_lost_world map mp_digital map mp_monkeys_home map mp_islands map mp_canyon map mp_dungeon_p map mp_to_the_moon map mp_trial_2_p map mp_gp_jump map mp_mountainbase map mp_cheops map mp_spacestation map mp_rocket map mp_all_in map mp_natural_jump map mp_trial map mp_wireframe_r4 map mp_rooftops"
Now using this rotation. Server has started - please let me know if it still freezes on maps. Someone told Sam earlier (before this new rotation) that it was frozen on mp_lost_world (previous freeze was on mp_ib_glass_v3).

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 30th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Rotation supposedly frozen on mp_ultimate.

Seems I'll have to cut the rotation down a bit - open to suggestions as to which maps to remove? (in order of most wanted removed to last) (see previous post for current rotation).

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » July 31st, 2012, 3:18 pm

Why is it the amount of maps that is causing the problem? There are plenty of other servers running the same mod with a lot more maps on their rotation. Even the old server had this amount of maps and it worked.

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada map mp_windsor_p map mp_sonic map mp_oerba map mp_pigi map mp_architektur map mp_ultimate map mp_ib_glass_v3 map mp_pgb_jump map mp_polar map mp_peds_propel map mp_inspiration map mp_lost_world map mp_digital map mp_monkeys_home map mp_islands map mp_canyon map mp_dungeon_p map mp_to_the_moon map mp_trial_2_p map mp_gp_jump map mp_mountainbase map mp_cheops map mp_spacestation map mp_rocket map mp_all_in map mp_natural_jump map mp_trial map mp_wireframe_r4 map mp_rooftops

I removed 3, try it out now if you want. If it still doesn't work just do a few tests removing any number of maps just to check that, that is actually the problem.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 31st, 2012, 5:15 pm

It may or may not be the amount of maps, however it is a known issue that the amount of maps (more accurately, the length of string created by the amount of maps) can cause issues. It is also likely that there is either a mod error, a map error or a combination of both conflicting.

To my knowledge, no errors are printed and no logs are made. I have also been unsucessful in reproducing the error.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 31st, 2012, 6:09 pm

It is exactly the same mod files as on the current (soon to be gone) #1.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 1st, 2012, 3:14 am

Pedsdude wrote:It is exactly the same mod files as on the current (soon to be gone) #1.
Was that a repy to something I said, as I do not follow what you are referring to? :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 1st, 2012, 7:43 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:It is exactly the same mod files as on the current (soon to be gone) #1.
Was that a repy to something I said, as I do not follow what you are referring to? :P
Nope, it was just a statement to eliminate/highlight potential causes ;)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 17th, 2012, 9:21 pm

set sv_mapRotation "gametype cj map mp_nevada map mp_windsor_p map mp_sonic map mp_oerba map mp_pigi map mp_architektur map mp_ultimate map mp_ib_glass_v3 map mp_pgb_jump map mp_polar map mp_peds_propel map mp_inspiration map mp_lost_world map mp_digital map mp_monkeys_home map mp_islands map mp_canyon map mp_dungeon_p map mp_trial_2_p map mp_gp_jump map mp_mountainbase map mp_cheops map mp_spacestation map mp_rocket map mp_all_in map mp_natural_jump map mp_trial map mp_wireframe_r4 map mp_rooftops"
New rotation. Let me know if it freezes.