MY OPINION ...Don't read if your not prepared for an argue.

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: Xenon iz Dubby

MY OPINION ...Don't read if your not prepared for an argue.

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 3:31 pm

Right soo, this is how i see it and alot of other people i talk too ....................... Codjumepr is dying, very fast, over the last few months servers are getting less people in them, and less new maps are coming out . The whole community is fucked :L ......... its not even a community its a bitch fest for who can make the best servers, and the best maps, and who's the best jumper . And if you lot dont see it then your stupid !!!!

CJ will soon die out because no new games are allowing the same style of jumping/ whatever you want to call it. and also because of mods like Deathrun.

Soo the last thing new mappers and players want is idiots on this site/community argueing and not helping them out.

Also the admins on this site used to be okay :/ now they just troll and argue other shit things .... im sorry but its all wrong and for that reason i quit cj (not that any of you care) its sad to say the reason why no one is gunna agree with me is because im thinking about the future of Codjumper and were it will end up .... but the truth is there is no future for it :L:L it will stay were it is untill it dies .

p.s rogue has a fatneck

much love.

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: MY OPINION ...Don't read if your not prepared for an arg

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 5:10 pm

i agree with everything you said there. :) as i said my opinion ........ <3

and im not slagging it off as such' just how i think and see it :)

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 5:13 pm

ohh yeah .... and i do alot for this community in the shape of i help out new mappers everyday :/ ......... thats my take on it :L

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 18th, 2012, 5:33 pm

It's inevitably going to die at some point anyway due to the lack of good jumping games post-CoD4.

Custom maps is all we've got keeping it going at the moment, and personally I wouldn't say there's a shortage of new maps coming out currently.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 18th, 2012, 6:06 pm

When one person tells you that what you are saying is wrong, then fine, don't accept it... but when everyone (especially those with a proven track record) start telling you that you're wrong, it might be worth perking your ears up and stop defending your position and just think for a moment or two.

When you get advice such as "time is irrelevant" and "difficulty is key" then you should expect nothing more than a critical response. The top maps have hundreds of hours put in to them, not just a few hours on the weekend.

I have been helping mappers and modders around 7 years - you have been here less than 1 year. If you are helping other mappers than I would seriously hope you are not feeding them the lines about time. You ask any of the top mappers on this forum or anywhere else on almost any game, what factors are important - time and patience.

In regards to 'dying' - we are still playing a game that is now coming up to 6 generations old (BO2, MW3, BO, MW2, WaW), the fact there are new videos almost daily is a sign of nothing more than survival, just a different direction than that of when this game started.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 7:06 pm

yet again .... your talking about 'best maps' .............. just cuz cj team vote a map the best dosent mean its the best :L:L:L and no im a very good mapper thank you and i know probably as much as alot of the soo called PRO mappers who spend 100's of hours ... ( btw i spend 100's of hours on the looks of my maps)

i could make a map identicle to peds, and dungeon in probably a week :) ....................... if this causes an arguement ill f*cking prove it :L:L stop saying 'best mappers' aswell ...... i know mappers that are unkown that are just as talented as the PRO mappers ..... you lot make me laugh honestly <3

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 7:09 pm

And NO ... i am not calling them map's shit ... because i respect all map makers no matter how good there maps are :)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 18th, 2012, 8:12 pm

I highly doubt you are as good a mapper as Dan The Man, Drofder or Rezil.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » June 18th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Xenon wrote:yet again .... your talking about 'best maps' .............. just cuz cj team vote a map the best dosent mean its the best :L:L:L
It's not only the CJ Team which votes on these maps, even the regular jumpers get to vote.
Apart from that, I don't think some maps even need to be voted on considering the popularity of some maps on the servers speak for themselves.
Xenon wrote: ( btw i spend 100's of hours on the looks of my maps)
Good for you!
Xenon wrote:i could make a map identicle to peds, and dungeon in probably a week :) ....
Once again, good for you.
Xenon wrote:stop saying 'best mappers' aswell ...... i know mappers that are unkown that are just as talented as the PRO mappers .....
We never questioned the talent of the 'less known' mappers nor did we compare them with the more known ones.
Xenon wrote:you lot make me laugh honestly <3
I think you're the one who is giving us a laugh ;).

S3x! Th1ng
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by S3x! Th1ng » June 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

if someone relase map then we have the right to express their opinion and if you played pj_intelligence I am sure that you cant say map is good but this is my opinion because the map does not make sense end you dont need be mad and do not criticize site because each map what is post is on download list :?

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 18th, 2012, 9:38 pm

tbh ..... im speaking my mind :L your a person other the internet i couldent care less if im making myself look like a tit ! :D ................... just saying my opinion as eveyone on this website seems to love throwing there out there ;) <3

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 18th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Xenon wrote:stop saying 'best mappers' ... i know mappers that are unkown that are just as talented as the PRO mappers
If these unknown people are good at mapping, then THEY ARE ALSO PART OF THE BEST MAPPERS that I talk of. I am not talking just community mappers in these forums, I am talking globally and accross ALL games. I can assure you, even World 1-1 on Super Mario Brothers took more planning than some of the maps I see here. and that is no joke.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 18th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Xenon wrote:yet again .... your talking about 'best maps' .............. just cuz cj team vote a map the best dosent mean its the best :L:L:L
That's what the "User Rating" column on the download page is for...

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » June 18th, 2012, 10:55 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:I highly doubt you are as good a mapper as Dan The Man, Drofder or Rezil.
:oops:
yet again .... your talking about 'best maps' .............. just cuz cj team vote a map the best dosent mean its the best :L:L:L and no im a very good mapper thank you and i know probably as much as alot of the soo called PRO mappers who spend 100's of hours ... ( btw i spend 100's of hours on the looks of my maps)
Where does it say that the CJ rating absolutely defines whether a map is good or not? We judge based on previous experience and current impressions, nothing more, nothing less. If you spend hundreds of hours on your map, that's a GOOD thing. Nobody is berating you for trying to make your map look as best as possible. Now if you spend that much time and don't IMPROVE your map, that's a whole different story.
i could make a map identicle to peds, and dungeon in probably a week :) ....................... if this causes an arguement ill f*cking prove it :L:L stop saying 'best mappers' aswell ...... i know mappers that are unkown that are just as talented as the PRO mappers ..... you lot make me laugh honestly <3
Alright, let me take you up on that offer. Choose a week, any week, and release a good looking map. If nothing else, you'll learn a valuable lesson and the community will be better off as new maps are always welcome. It's not a question of being known or unknown, if you're a good mapper people on the server will notice and they'll enjoy your maps. Personally I prefer if somebody has something to say against my map(as long as it's argumented properly) than praise. It feels good when people like what you're doing but it benefits you more if you're told what can be improved.

Shit, if we had this awesome community(yes, I think you're all awesome) back when I was still a noob I would've skipped straight to jm_kuwehr. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Xenon
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Xenon » June 19th, 2012, 12:37 am

yes but this is my point ........... i am known on Cj :L maybe not by you lot on here but by the what i would like to call ' New Generation of Jumpers' and my maps get played on servers .. ye si have people say some stuff like ohh you should change such and such ;L i even changed islands just for captainkirks server becuase he dident like the water script ......... this is not my point :L ,.......... im pissed off at the fact you guys care soo much about how long it takes to map :L everyone knows im a fast mapper ???? soo fucking what .... just cuz some of you guys take a year to make a map (which i dont belive ) unless you did like 10 mins mapping a week :)