Terminal Monitor Strafe Help

For jump related chat that is specific to the PS3

Moderators: Core Staff, PS3 Team

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Terminal Monitor Strafe Help

Post by KoBron83 » May 19th, 2012, 4:16 am

This strafe is the devil. I'm trying it on Xbox, but I'm posting here because I have a question relevant to PS3 jumpers and the Xbox section is completely dead. Anyway, is this strafe only possible on PS3 and PC? I have tried for ages on Xbox and have gotten within an inch of making it multiple times, but no cigar.

I'm wondering if you can strafe further on PS3 somehow or if the PS3 controller is better suited for strafing. Furthermore, there are only 3 vids on YouTube of someone making this strafe and they're all PS3 vids.
Pants.

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Re: Terminal Monitor Strafe Help

Post by ultralala » May 19th, 2012, 12:14 pm

dunno anything about the jump but i think theres a difference between ps3 and xbox360. There was another topic about the pipeline bounce in cod4 with the same problem. It seems theres a difference between NTSC and PAL Systems. With one of them you can jump higher/further
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » May 19th, 2012, 1:00 pm

You can do this strafe on both consoles and pc with 60fps. Just strafe better.
-

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » May 19th, 2012, 7:19 pm

ultralala wrote:dunno anything about the jump but i think theres a difference between ps3 and xbox360. There was another topic about the pipeline bounce in cod4 with the same problem. It seems theres a difference between NTSC and PAL Systems. With one of them you can jump higher/further
I'm pretty sure that you strafe further on NTSC, but jump higher on PAL, so that wouldn't explain it.

@Madness: Okay, I'll take your word for it, but i don't understand the mechanics of strafing that well so I don't know how I can strafe better than I have.
Pants.

KoBron83
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by KoBron83 » June 16th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Made it twice, but slipped off both times lul.
Pants.