[CONTEST] Jump Contest

Forum for all kinds of CoD2 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

bmw_m3
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

[CONTEST] Jump Contest

Post by bmw_m3 » April 30th, 2012, 12:01 pm

What is up? We are organising first Call of Duty 2 Jump Contest. How many jumpers? -16; Which maps? -mp_d-cow_v2, mp_jumpy, mp_toilet and mp_jump; When does it start? Saturday, 05/05/2012 17:00 CET. Think you're a good jumper? SING UP!

As we already mentioned, we are organising first Call of Duty 2 Jump Contest (1v1). Just couple of days ago we built our jumping mod (there are some nice stuff such as music in quickchat, nade counter, save/load position...) and we want to bring something new to Call of Duty 2 community. Next Saturday (05/05/2012 17:00 CET) we will be organising this contest. There will be maximal 16 contestants and 4 maps (mp_d-cow_v2, mp_jumpy, mp_toilet and mp_jump). As we will have only one server, every 5 minutes comes another pair (17:00 - pair 1, 17:05 - pair 2, 17:10 - pair 3...). Since this is new stuff/idea, our sponsor can't provide us more servers. If we will be able to fill in all 16 places, in next contest we will increase number of contestants and provide more jump servers. On each map each pair has 20 minutes to finish. If both contestants wont be able to finish in that time, contestant who was more closer to finish is the winner. All contestants must have downloaded ESF's mappack and mod which is provided in the table below. The winner is contestant who finishs the map first (first of each pair). Every contestant should be on #esf.cod2jump @ Quakenet on IRC at least 10 minutes before start time. To avoid any problems during the contest, please read rules below.

Link: https://esportfineness.com/news/155/Cal ... mp_Contest

Enjoy bois!

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: [CONTEST] Jump Contest

Post by runescare » April 30th, 2012, 1:11 pm

^^ wondering if there are still 16 cod 2 jumpers at all.
Gaming is the entertainment, glitching provides the action.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 30th, 2012, 11:10 pm

You may wish to ask the peeps at "fshost.me" for more servers.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Mirko
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Mirko » May 1st, 2012, 9:15 am

Why wouldnt this work?

bmw_m3
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by bmw_m3 » May 1st, 2012, 10:06 am

8/16 so far

actually u can find a lot professional players who are also jumpers. as i already said, its 8/16 so far and i even talked with some ppl via xfire who told me they're gonna participate. i talked with masterthomy about jump contest and yeah, he also told me it didnt work (when they made a jump contest) but when i told him my system, he changed his opinion. ill organise these cups every/2 week/s :)

bmw_m3
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by bmw_m3 » May 2nd, 2012, 2:23 pm

I apperciate that :) 16/16. one of contestants said hes going to stream himself during the event... so ill put it here )

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 2nd, 2012, 5:25 pm

Try and find some spare people though, you'll end up with no shows no doubt.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

bmw_m3
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by bmw_m3 » May 7th, 2012, 2:46 pm

First Call of Duty 2 Jump Contest is over. We thank to all who took part of it and who made this contest possible. It's a shame that there were only 10 contestants (lanzii, Rauben, claay, xZZZon, kjx, dOxX, stingy, kryptah, Xanxus and Dom1natoRRR) out of 16 who singed up but it doesn't mean we didn't have a lot of fun. We had some troubles, who doesn't? We would like to apologize to player kryptah who got kicked by PunkBuster. We were about to turn it off but since we had a server issues we forgot about it. We would really like to see you participating next contest so you can show us your real jumping skills. About the server. It was only 12 slots server and we were all despreate cause of it but actually, we managed to organise the contest even with these 12 slots. Gameserver hosting which supposed to provide us server with 22 slots just couple of hours before contest told us they wont be able to provide it. Greatest gratitude goes to stingy who gave us his own server to make this contest possible. We really appreciate that and we thought this would be the best thank. Also, thanks to Rauben (KaosTV) for streaming the contest and providing TeamSpeak 3 server for contestants so they could have even more fun.

Dom1natoRRR recommended us a guy called Si13n7 who's the owner of jump4life. He is intrested in making a competitive jump mod for us (shortcuts would be disabled, best time of each contestant on each map would be automatically uploaded on our site etc.). Unfortunately, there wont be another jump contest next week. We'll organise one in two, maximal three weeks. In next one you can expect us to have better jump maps, improved jump mod and even more contestants so there will be even more fun for everyone. Soon we will start with special series of jump contest. Stay tuned for more information!

Final standings:
Image Image claay
Image Image xZZZon
Image Image Dom1natoRRR
4th Image lanzii

Contest VOD can be found here!

bmw_m3
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by bmw_m3 » May 11th, 2012, 3:41 pm

uhm, feel kinda awful to ask but since u already offered ( by our judgement contest finished just great and in text above you can read more about ), are you intrested in helping us and being our partner?