Map not updating..

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Creazeee
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Map not updating..

Post by Creazeee » April 12th, 2012, 7:02 pm

Okay whenever I add a new brush into my map it doesn't show. It's not a decal, clip, tools texture.. When I add light and set the radius to 1000 and compile my map, the compile bsp compiles fast then my map doesn't update and the light I added doesn't show.. wth is happening? It was working fine before..

Yes I have compliled reflection, build fast file, update file zone and saved my map.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Map not updating..

Post by Rezil » April 12th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Check whether the .bsp compile and light compile checkboxes are ticked in your Compile Tools. This is how it should look like:

but without connect paths if you're making a multiplayer map.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » April 13th, 2012, 1:25 am

If all of that is ticked and it still doesn't work then you just have a .BSP compile error, it could be Reflection Probe that's inside a brush, probably the most common mistake.
Also to see if you have a .bsp compile error, put the Light compile to "Extra" and if the final light compile time is like 1sec, then you have an error. The time is shown as last when you compiled the BSP

Creazeee
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Creazeee » April 13th, 2012, 3:41 am

Sohvax wrote:If all of that is ticked and it still doesn't work then you just have a .BSP compile error, it could be Reflection Probe that's inside a brush, probably the most common mistake.
Also to see if you have a .bsp compile error, put the Light compile to "Extra" and if the final light compile time is like 1sec, then you have an error. The time is shown as last when you compiled the BSP
Thanks man. It was because of Reflection Probe. I was about to delete my .map file and start over LOL. Thanks Sohvax, you saved it.

Sohvax
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Sohvax » April 13th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Creazeee wrote:
Sohvax wrote:If all of that is ticked and it still doesn't work then you just have a .BSP compile error, it could be Reflection Probe that's inside a brush, probably the most common mistake.
Thanks man. It was because of Reflection Probe. I was about to delete my .map file and start over LOL. Thanks Sohvax, you saved it.
You're welcome m8 :) Glad it helped !