phpBB mChat

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

phpBB mChat

Post by Moustache » November 5th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Maybe you guys could install this mod on the forum: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/m ... w_version/

It is a chat box for phpBB forums, nothing more, nothing less. It isn't really hard to install.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: phpBB mChat

Post by Pedsdude » November 5th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Do we really need it? The shoutbox barely gets used as it is, and I can't see myself personally bothering to actively go on a separate page for a chat room. We have #codjumper on IRC, if you're interested.

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » November 5th, 2011, 7:19 pm

It isn't really needed of course.
But you could give it a try. At my clans phpBB forum we have it on the top of the forum index instead of a separate page. It get used pretty much because when you log in you always see the chat and it is easy to dump some offtopic stuff there. If it fails you can always remove it :)

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 5th, 2011, 7:35 pm

I refuse to speak to any of you on xfire, so I would'nt consider speaking to you in a chat room, unless it was for a specific purpose...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » November 6th, 2011, 10:34 am

Drofder2004 wrote:I refuse to speak to any of you on xfire, so I would'nt consider speaking to you in a chat room, unless it was for a specific purpose...
I don't want to sound like an ahole but there are more people then you on the forum? You are not forced to talk in the chat room but you know that so I don't know why I am wasting my time typing it :roll:
If you guys don't want it it is fine by me, I just thought it would be something to improve the forum.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 6th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Moustache wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote:I refuse to speak to any of you on xfire, so I would'nt consider speaking to you in a chat room, unless it was for a specific purpose...
I don't want to sound like an ahole but there are more people then you on the forum? You are not forced to talk in the chat room but you know that so I don't know why I am wasting my time typing it :roll:
If you guys don't want it it is fine by me, I just thought it would be something to improve the forum.
Everybodies opinion counts indeed, so surely mine counts jsut as much as everybody elses?
If 20 other people turned up in this thread and said "we want it", then it would most likely be added.

But I am sure you already knew this.

Not to ention my post was made in jest, but sarcasm and internet can be hard to display.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » November 6th, 2011, 3:38 pm

*Going to make 20 accounts using proxy*
Before someone thinks about banning me: this is also a joke... haha... -_-"