Custom zombie map HELP

Have questions about CoD:WaW mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

andrewjakeways
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Custom zombie map HELP

Post by andrewjakeways » October 6th, 2011, 1:11 am

I recently brought COD WaW for the pc because i wanted to play custom zombie maps i installed the game just fine, i downloaded some custom maps, setup the mods folder and they showed up in the game but when it comes to typing devmap nazi_ zombie and the name of the map and press enter and it just clears the text box and doesn't lunch.

Can anyone help.

Many thanks.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Custom zombie map HELP

Post by Drofder2004 » October 6th, 2011, 8:49 pm

I do not know the map names, so cannot confirm if you're typing correctly...

Press SHIFT + ` (or tilde) and check for error messages.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » October 6th, 2011, 10:01 pm

You need to put 'devmap' and then the full name of the map, such as:

/devmap nazi_zombie_asylum

spaceboots
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by spaceboots » October 8th, 2011, 7:41 am

sounds like your map folder is still in the folder it was unzipped to, example-

should be- devmap nazi_zombie_mapname ......"nazi_zombie_mapanme" is the folder containing all the files for the game to run.

how you may have it- devmap nazi_zombie_mapname/nazi_zombie_mapname ......the map folder is still in the unzipped folder, by default the zip folder is named the same as the map folder inside it, so when you pull up your mods list in the menu it looks like the map is there but when you type in the command to play the map it thinks the folder is empty because it cant search the 2nd folder. just cut the 2nd folder containing the map files, go back and paste it over the 1st folder and agree to copy and replace, then you should be good to go.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » January 4th, 2012, 10:07 am

jymmexy wrote:How can I make myself look like a zombie without any special products? It's halloween, and we're doing a zombie pub crawl. Need a cheap easy way to look like a zombie without buying anything like latex or whatever - just a few items I can pick up from my supermarket or whatever. Any ideas?
lol'd.....WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!