New map mp_vertigo

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

New map mp_vertigo

Post by Vartazian » October 3rd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Download link:http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/52078386/file.html
Screenshots:
Author: =.VaRtaZiaN.=
Map made for normal mode

Description:This map was my first. It is an fps switching and handling map. Easy way + hard way. High skill.
The idea is that you keep climbing your way up to the top of the map, hence the name vertigo. Map also has secrets.
Last edited by Vartazian on October 16th, 2011, 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: New map mp_vertigo

Post by Vartazian » October 3rd, 2011, 10:28 pm

Yes it has floating bounces. The whole idea was to create a very hard map that requires not only fps switching, but handling the fps switches. Map is finished. Anyone who can beat this map on normal mode is a very good jumper. Map has been tested on 2 servers. Easy way requires no 333. This map can topple some of the best jumpers. Good luck ^^

akimbo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by akimbo » October 4th, 2011, 12:52 am

Downloaded, and finished the map in about 1 hour. I really got trouble in some sick "bounce back to platform" : the platform is really behind you and you need to land on it. The first is there when you move outside first time. I did it with 3-2-3-1.
The map is very "insane" style ( both meanings xD) . I could learn lots of mini - tricks in insane, how to do bounces faster and easier , and i could use them in vertigo.
I think it's a Very Hard . probably same diff. as insane and 1-2 bounces are harder than insane. The last bounce is just sick ^^

I started recording demos , done with that 1-2 really hard bounces, because i need time for them ( as everybody i think), so i got them, i can do the rest of the map in 1go.

Probably tomorrow evening the movie will be ready or 2 days later in the morning-afternoon.

Good map , good job .

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD

Post by Qauntumz » October 4th, 2011, 1:51 am

Just finished it, a little confusing in the beginning but other than that the map is amazing. Did not dissapoint.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 4th, 2011, 2:14 am

hahaha thats awesome guys :P you can make video too , but i gave demo of me playing it and tayz is gonna edit it for the walkthrough i think :) i REALLy appreciate your positive feedback as upon seeing how the comments on mp_remain were, i almost didnt put it up on here. but tyvm. Let me know when you finish your movie :D me n tayz are makin one too :p Also i know thhe bounce your talking about. When i created it, i used 2-3-2-1. Paragon, and tayzer also thought this bounce was difficult ;) its a new one imo :) can't wait to see your vid of it 8)

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » October 4th, 2011, 4:50 am

Done and done. I got stuck on one bounce, but it turns out I wasn't going the right way... but I figured it out where to go in the end :P Anyway, compared to mp_insane, I'd say it was a bit easier, but still very hard. It didn't really test alot, it's was just the same sort of bounces over and over. When you talk about the last bounce, do you mean the one where you go through the hole in the roof and land on it? Yeh, that was one of the easier bounces in the map :S

As for the design, if you are going to make any other maps with floating platforms, you should use different and more appealing textures. Make sure the floor is a different texture from the ceiling. When they're the same, it makes it a bit hard to see, especially with fullbright on. I also noticed many brushes overlap, making it look quite messy.

Anyway, it was a nice, challenging map, but the design could use some work.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 4th, 2011, 5:29 am

ah well thats exxactly where i wanted the map to be placed. Mp_insane is alot of rage bounces tbh. so i wanted to make a very hard map, but one that is still doable ^^ yea i thought about changing some of the textures at one point, but w/e. wasnt sure what texture to apply because the main map area is only one large room, so it would look weird to have one wall diff than the other etc.... so i just left it. Thanks for feedback.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 14th, 2011, 9:40 pm

Just downloaded it and tried to play it, got this error:

Other people seem to be getting this error too...

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 15th, 2011, 12:18 am

the map is on two servers, and it has never gotten this error, ive never gotten it in devmap and no one else has told me that they got an error? 2 questions, 1 how do i fix it, and what mod did you use? ive never seen this error before.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 15th, 2011, 12:23 am

use any other mod, it works fine?

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 15th, 2011, 12:55 am

Loaded fine in promodlive211. Tried again in codjumperv3_1 and got the following error:

Did you even test it with the official CoDJumper mod? Tbh, I'm reluctant to put a map up on our website which doesn't even run on our official mod...

Perhaps there is something wrong with the map file/s I have? Could you re-upload and I'll try again from scratch.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 15th, 2011, 1:33 am

There is nothing wrong with them. I just downloaded the official mod, and it always says file / sum mismatch... all other mods work perfectly though. cj 6, cj 5, jc mod ig mod. all work. there is nothing wrong with the map itself, only that the official mod doesnt have one of the guns that i have in the secret room. But to find out which gun it is exactly would take forever.. and i cant test it on the official mod, i get file /sum mismatch..

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 15th, 2011, 1:47 am

i just deleted ak47_mp, mp5_mp and default_waepon and the saw_mp how about the usp_mp, barret_mp, and ak74u_mp or m40a3_acog_mp. do any of these give errors?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 15th, 2011, 2:17 am

How about delete all the weapons, they have no other purpose than to shoot and annoy other jumpers... the reason why they are not in the mod in the first place.

Reward those who finish in time with a picture of a cake then remove all their save points with scripting and boot them back to the beginning...

Or better yet, make your map so long, it can't be finished in under 30 minutes...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010