Can't see textures

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Can't see textures

Post by Badeendnl » September 29th, 2011, 1:32 pm

First of all I will tell you what the problem is and how it went:). K me and my friend started to make a codjumper map, he would do the easy part. And i would do that hard part. Now we are pretty far and we were thinking about testing the whole map. So my friend loaded my map and made my whole map a prefab, placed in his map and everythinig should work fine. He tested it and it was just perfect. He sended me the .ff map and i just couldn't see my part. After that we uploaded it to redirect and went testing it with a few other people. 2 other people could see the total map, and i could only see a small part. This is an xfire movie were i stand on a texture, normally you are supposed to see something... http://www.xfire.com/video/4e4a78/ What you could also see there is that if i stand on textures that i can't see it gets for me all blury and stuff. Idk it start to shake etc. First off all i thought it was because of the prefab. But that is not the problem because I can also not see everything of easy way. Plz help me, every help will be highly appricated

Badeend

Randy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Can't see textures

Post by Randy » September 29th, 2011, 2:02 pm

KillerSam wrote:Most likely it's caused by having 2 different versions of map. (e.g a server version and a half built version). I've had that before 8)
that other guy is me

but sam how is that other players can see those parts but only badeend can't ?!

we were using same file that i uploaded and gave it to everyone

but thats not the only problem :D he cant even see those files in .map inside radiant lol

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe." - Faust

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » September 29th, 2011, 2:04 pm

will try it delete everything of the map i have, and will dl the map back of the redirect and try it again. Will inform you if it worked of not.
Thanks alot for trying to help me out

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » September 29th, 2011, 3:00 pm

Yay so happy love you KS (not gayish)