mp_Manics-jumper-b2

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

mp_Manics-jumper-b2

Post by steveuk » April 22nd, 2011, 5:35 pm

mp_Manics-jumper-b2

This is a updated version of mp_Manics-jumper-b1, it has a 5th level which is rather big.
There is no real routes in this level, it more free roam, just, jump and bounce,find your own bouces, try getting to the room at the top of the level, where there is a stash of guns. There is infact 2 lost of guns inthis level, can you find the 2nd batch?

I thinK homie might like this level.???
Any bugs you find let me know,still in beta, but released it now coz of GFX card problems..

Here on this lev, you crouch and enter..

The END room , somewhere to rest, find the weapon stash, and the sectret way to get on the roof for more weapons.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8M5ISLYQ
Last edited by steveuk on April 22nd, 2011, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Re: mp_Manics-jumper-b2

Post by Goro92 » April 22nd, 2011, 6:15 pm

KillerSam wrote:Nice texturing :wink:
are you kidding?:D

OMG...i noclipped all the map...the last part is a suicide...time to do this map?3 day?

and sorry 4 a question... steveuk do u like this map?

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 22nd, 2011, 6:40 pm

serveaiuto wrote:
KillerSam wrote:Nice texturing :wink:
are you kidding?:D

OMG...i noclipped all the map...the last part is a suicide...time to do this map?3 day?

and sorry 4 a question... steveuk do u like this map?
it's ok , lol my largest map to date check mods on line for my other maps (manickiller) they be under.
i put this map together for people to find jumps of there own as well doing the ones on other levels, (sorry caps key broken again) you dont have to play it, im not faulsing you to.

i hope my next map will be better and more tidy , and this map took me 2 weeks all togehter not 3-4 days...

may last mapping attempted was like 1 1/2 ago and i forgotten how to do stuff, si im having to start all over again, maybe in time there will be a map you may like...lol

oh i clipped most of the map to stop people doing shortcuts.lol start from the begging use high jump if you need to, but do try it.

post any vis of cool jumps if you can and have time to do so.
Last edited by Drofder2004 on April 22nd, 2011, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CAPS LOCK!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 22nd, 2011, 6:42 pm

2 weeks? You do realise some people have spent months perfecting their maps I hope.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » April 22nd, 2011, 7:10 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:2 weeks? You do realise some people have spent months perfecting their maps I hope.
me = some people.
If the texturing in my map looked anything like above I would not even dare to post a screenshot.
Quoting Saving Private Ryan "she ("it" in this case) took a dive from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down"

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 22nd, 2011, 7:16 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:2 weeks? You do realise some people have spent months perfecting their maps I hope.
So it'just just a beta, i know people take months to do there map, but that inc ironing out all the bugs,ect and im sure they release there map as beta's be for they make them finals, iveseen peolpe make maps within 24-hours, so like i said you dont have to download if if you dont want to, im not faulsing you to am i.???

Always the same, moan, moan, moan, i dont care, bring it on./...lol

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » April 22nd, 2011, 7:25 pm

It's not moaning m8, it's critisism.
And if I built a map I make it close to perfect before it goes beta, otherwise you would endup with 400 beta verions.
Plus people have to delete and download your map every single time when there is a new beta with minor changes.
Take a look at the maps in CoDfiles.com, there are very few maps in there past version 1.4 (if any).

I'm just saying that if you built a map take your time and perfect it. More people wanna play it if the look and feel are top notch.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 22nd, 2011, 7:47 pm

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL] wrote:It's not moaning m8, it's critisism.
And if I built a map I make it close to perfect before it goes beta, otherwise you would endup with 400 beta verions.
Plus people have to delete and download your map every single time when there is a new beta with minor changes.
Take a look at the maps in CoDfiles.com, there are very few maps in there past version 1.4 (if any).

I'm just saying that if you built a map take your time and perfect it. More people wanna play it if the look and feel are top notch.

Dont forget the 5th level is not ment to be a level with perfection, it has no direct root, juper have to find there own way to get to the top room, ive done it myself took a while but i did it,without cheating,lol...The other levels im happy with, i did all them within 5-10 mins... After i had re-adjusted sertan parts..

1.4, thats still 4 beta's it went to get to that stage didnt it? mines only B2 neta 2 with extra level....lol

oh well i dont care, play it if you wish, dont if you dont wish to, i dont care...lol

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » April 22nd, 2011, 8:32 pm

1.4, thats still 4 beta's it went to get to that stage didnt it?
Nope, 3 beta's and a final version.

Oh well don't take our advice. Seems to me you are a rush-man anyway (this is not a troll btw), I mean ;

- Screenshots aren't nicely resized (took too long ?)
- You don't bother to check the text you wrote ("mAY LAST MAPPING ATTEMPTED" ???)
- You typed a few lines and halfway you noticed that the caps was on so you typed a line saying your caps is stuck instead of retyping the text with shift held down (I mean neat = the way to go imo)

Typical signs of someone with no eye for detail.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 22nd, 2011, 8:34 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Yawn Snooze. ^^

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 22nd, 2011, 9:01 pm

Kinda stupid how you throw away good advice >_>

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: H0mie@MP3

Post by H0mie » April 23rd, 2011, 2:34 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Kinda stupid how you throw away good advice >_>
well even i cant get the good advice out of the posts above

maybe u should change the way u present em...instead of using a comparison with "other" ppl and there astonishing sence for details.....why dont you just first say what u like about the map to give him some "good" feedback and then correct him

everyone got his own style of doing things .... saying that someone´s isnt good or sufficient is easy, but giving him an advice to make things better is just what will keep him going
There is no hard or easy, its all about skill!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 23rd, 2011, 11:52 am

Because it's been said already. We've been in the mapping area ever since CoD1 (I'm not mapping, but I know a good map when I see/play it) and we get tired of all the boring platform maps.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm

H0mie wrote:
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Kinda stupid how you throw away good advice >_>
well even i cant get the good advice out of the posts above

maybe u should change the way u present em...instead of using a comparison with "other" ppl and there astonishing sence for details.....why dont you just first say what u like about the map to give him some "good" feedback and then correct him

everyone got his own style of doing things .... saying that someone´s isnt good or sufficient is easy, but giving him an advice to make things better is just what will keep him going

Thankyou hHomie for your kind words..

I thought maps are for all kinda taste, how pepele know if they like sertan maps if they dont like it, as someone said it like a free roam type of map, well at first it was'nt ment to be, untill i decided to make it one.

Even it 1 or two people tried it, least it been tried, and looking at my Megaupload account , the B1 version has been downloaded 10 times, and Yesterdays Release of B2 has been downloaded 7 times already, so shows some people still like platform maps.

It show people just dont show any Gratitude in peoples work,how ever long it takes, least i attempt to make a map how ever good or bad it may be..

People even moaned about one of my other maps i did over a year ago, JUMPZONE that to was a platform game, but i see a mass download on it, and i even had a surprised the other nite, a jump server had it running on there sever, if people here think im lieing then if you come across a player called MOHA, they can ask him coz he even played it, and compleated it within 5 mins. lol

So it shows some people like my style of maps, how ever long it takes and how ever good or bad it may look ,i still say you dont have to download it and try if if you dont want to, i dont care, , and i dont care if people criticise me and my maps, as i told ya these are betas. not finals, if people dont put up betas how the hell are we to know what bugs/errors like and dislikes people say about my maps and other beta type maps.

Even big game companies do betas, how ever good they may be, i bet some of you download them and still play them ..

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » April 23rd, 2011, 1:58 pm

H0mie wrote: well even i cant get the good advice out of the posts above
how is this
not good advice ?
why dont you just first say what u like about the map to give him some "good" feedback and then correct him
First you have to like something u see to give someone "good" feedback and I don't see anything I like.
Like I said before, put some effort in your maps and it will pay off at the end.