PC Server help?

For jump related chat that is specific to the PC

Moderators: Core Staff, PC Team

Roo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

PC Server help?

Post by Roo » March 29th, 2011, 12:40 am

I got a mod for CoD4 on this website along with a few maps. I saved the mod in the mods folder as stated in the directions, and the mod works. I saved the maps in my "usermaps" folder, but every time I run the mod and type in a map name it says that it can not find that map. I tried putting the maps .iwd files into the mod folder but that didn't do any good. Help would be appreciated!

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: PC Server help?

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » March 29th, 2011, 2:29 pm

In CoD2 you should put all maps (.iwd's) in your main folder. Donno if this is different for cod4 and so on ?
*note* it has to be .iwd and not .zip or .rar also type "/devmap(or map) mp_yourmapname" (without the quotes)

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD

Post by Qauntumz » March 29th, 2011, 4:38 pm

unzip the maps and put the mp_mapname.iwd in the usermaps folder
if you want this done easier, join any of the codjumper.com servers to download the maps from there then they are automatically put in your maps folder.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » March 29th, 2011, 9:03 pm

Make sure you properly unzip the map download, so you should have 3 files:

-mp_name.iwd
-mp_name.ff
-mp_name_load.ff

Place these 3 files into CoD4/Usermaps/mp_name

Load the mod up, then type /map mp_name and the map should load.

Also make sure you are on version 1.7 of CoD4, because on version 1.0 and some others, the Usermaps folder feature isn't supported.
-

Roo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Roo » March 30th, 2011, 1:32 am

Ohhh.... I am on 1.0. Does anyone have a link to a version switcher that I can use? My current one spazzes out when I try to go on 1.7, but it works for every other version!

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 30th, 2011, 1:35 pm

Roo wrote:Ohhh.... I am on 1.0. Does anyone have a link to a version switcher that I can use? My current one spazzes out when I try to go on 1.7, but it works for every other version!
I was going to post the http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com url but i'm in a good mood.

First install this:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_27186.shtml

Then this:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_28304.shtml
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » March 30th, 2011, 6:45 pm

I've never used those quick version changer things, just copy and paste your CoD4 folder, and update only one of them to 1.7 (by finding the 1.6 and 1.7 patches online to download). That way you can play either 1.0 or 1.7 without having to reinsatll or version change etc.

Edit: Oh and to get custom maps working on 1.0, you can do one of 2 things:

-Put the 3 map files (.ff, _load.ff, .iwd) into CoD4/mods/yourmod (if wanting to run the map with a mod)
-If not, put the .iwd in CoD4/main, and the other 2 files (.ff, _load.ff) into CoD4/zone/yourlanguage.

If you are wanting to have people able to download the maps via the server, you cannot use the second method (however you can only have a maximum download speed of 10kb/s on 1.0 anyway, so it takes a long time to download custom maps).
-

Roo
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Roo » March 30th, 2011, 9:14 pm

I am on 1.7 already. For some reason, which I don't know why, whenever I want 1.7 on my version switcher it just brings me back to 1.0.