New Jump Map mp_Chloe

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

DFQ1|Mad Jumper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

New Jump Map mp_Chloe

Post by DFQ1|Mad Jumper » February 4th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Ok so this is my second attempt on map makin its called mp_chloe and it features 3 rooms also has a maze and some hidden teleporters! room 1 is fairly easy! room 2 is a little harder! and room 3 is the maze + the end room there is plenty of guns at the end to keep urself amused for the slower players! Ok there will also be a video of some features on my youtube acc just search for supgod85 to have a look enjoy!! xD

Map Name: mp_chloe
Author: Mad Jumper
Map download link: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/4694241/file.html
Map game type: Oldschool
Map game: Call Of Duty 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigbabol
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Re: New Jump Map mp_Chloe

Post by bigbabol » February 4th, 2011, 6:17 pm

very disgusting :?

take out the pink hintstrings(very horrible) and put iprintlnbold
remove the clip textures...u used more clip than other textures .-.
also the light and the jumps are horrible
one of 3 rooms is a maze...WTF! next an invisible maze..WTF!
find the way 4 one room to other is horrible.
:idea: people don't download it...waste of time

sorry 4 my english xD

DFQ1|Mad Jumper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DFQ1|Mad Jumper » February 4th, 2011, 7:53 pm

thnx for ur comments the maze is not fuked though it works fine. the clip is there to stop u cuttin through corners. the pink lights are me just messin around with the editor. thnx for ur comment and ur thought.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 4th, 2011, 9:30 pm

I don't really like saying things like this because someone spent time on it but this map really is bad. Probably the worst i played.
I actually got stuck on the first room after walking on all those clipped invisible stairs to get on the ground.

I noclipped through the rest of the map and what the hell is room 3 suppose to be? You just have to run for 5 minutes to get to the end?

If you decide to make another map here are some tips:
- Don't make anything invisible. It's bearable if it's for a bonus room but to be sure, don't use it at all.
- Lay down a clear path for the players to go. Don't make a big room and put bounce objects in the middle of it which you aren't even going to use.
- Don't require from the players to run long distances, like room 3 (that you even did that goes beyond my mind).
- Don't use gay lighting.
- Don't make the same jump over and over again like the ones where you have to RPG up with 333 FPS, there are like 30 of those.
- Don't use invisible clips to restrain players for going through the room. Design it like that, that it doesn't matter if they do.

Rating: 1/5
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 5th, 2011, 2:03 am

On the basis no having invisible objects and mazes, you automatically receive Drofder's Seal of disapproval.

I am not posting my idea of advice, until at the very least Hoogies basic advice is first considered.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

DFQ1|Mad Jumper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DFQ1|Mad Jumper » February 5th, 2011, 2:49 am

Ok I know that Having clipped walls and even clipped bounces are gay or annoying, and the 3rd room is to make ppl have to find things, ok yes they have to walk or run a fair bit but thats the point, also it gives the slower players a chance to get to the finish! I wanted to restrain players from walking around the map! and yes the lightin is gay or w/e but a lil colour wont kill you! plus the map is for old school not none old school the whole map can be done on 125 and a few parts also use 125 + rpg or if you can use 125 to 333 and the bounce or jump your tryin to do is easy the first room is easy but gets a lil harder near the end, room 2 isnt to easy either and i explained the rest ^^.

now the maze is easy and can be done in less than 40 seconds and there are a few guns in there too so its nice to have a walk about and see how good your direction skills are! also featured a few teleporters and even a hidden one to get outside the map to the other teleporters!

And the seal of disapproval is coming from your own opinion but everyone can have there own opionion about this map ok yes the map isnt the greatest I know but for my second attemped it's not that bad to me but here try it out a few times see if you can actualy finish the map before complaining about the lenght of running and clipped walls and clipped bounces no clipping in game says to me your either not good at jumping or your fairly new to it, im not saying your shit or anything like that but getting stuck in the 1st room does say somin tbh but anyways just try!! no-one really like mp_teliport_v3 untill they played that map a few times no a few ppl seem to enjoy it so maybe give it a chance you never no?!

Also thnx for the advice!

DFQ1|Mad Jumper
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by DFQ1|Mad Jumper » February 5th, 2011, 2:58 am

Ok so I didnt have full stops. sorry!.............. hope this makes up for them. lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 5th, 2011, 3:26 am

DFQ1|Mad Jumper wrote:And the seal of disapproval is coming from your own opinion but everyone can have there own opionion about this map...
Correct. But my stamp is cooler than every posted opinion.
Also, CoDJumper not CoDMazeSolvers.

I await your third map.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 5th, 2011, 1:23 pm

DFQ1|Mad Jumper wrote:you can actualy finish the map before complaining about the lenght of running and clipped walls and clipped bounces
Hoogie wrote:I actually got stuck on the first room after walking on all those clipped invisible stairs to get on the ground.
Maybe that's how far you can go without oldschool but still..
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship