Out Of Firing Range!

Forum for all kinds of CoD:BO jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Re: Out Of Firing Range!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 18th, 2010, 10:39 pm

I know what your saying, but when an object is pushed out of the clip (the tactical being pushed out of the target dummy clip) it will stop moving once it is outside of the clip- and the target dummy doesn't move out of the map so I thought it would just be pushed out of the clip and dropped onto the floor next to the target dummy, since the target dummy doesn't move out of the map.

Correct me If I'm wrong I might be missing something completely.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 18th, 2010, 11:20 pm

Yes, just went and had a proper look and see your point.

Not really sure as I could not produce any result, even using the TI to spawn inside the dummy just pushed me slightly closer to the map wall and nowhere further.

Need more thinking :D
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » November 19th, 2010, 10:51 am

true that becuase when ever i tried it it ever landed next 2 the wall or on the little fence you start on

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Mooselflies » November 19th, 2010, 11:23 am

after looking around i found that the pushing clip can move the tactical over gaps

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 19th, 2010, 2:55 pm

Ahhh nice find. Maybe this could get you onto new places!
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 19th, 2010, 6:45 pm

Very nice find, on that video you just posted on Nuketown, did you have to do anything just before you released the tactical insertion? Or just release it at the feet of that clip and it got pushed (because I thought tacticals went exactly where you are stood, and your stood on a bit that isn't clipped).
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 19th, 2010, 8:44 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:Very nice find, on that video you just posted on Nuketown, did you have to do anything just before you released the tactical insertion? Or just release it at the feet of that clip and it got pushed (because I thought tacticals went exactly where you are stood, and your stood on a bit that isn't clipped).
Logic:

Code: Select all

if ( self isOnGround( true ) && TestSpawnPoint( latestOrigin ) )
TestSpawnPoint is only listed in the tactical-insertion gsc, so I assume its an Engine function.
My theory is that it uses a series of spacial checks to find the nearest possible place that a player may spawn.
The spawnpoint must allow for 33x32x72 dimensions (try load in a crouch only space).

It is possible that the position must be above a certain depth from play and center origin for it to be consider to far to drop downwards, when this happens, it must find a sutiable place horizontally. In this circumstance, the ledge.

This may lead to some potential exploits, just got to find similar positions to test it. :)
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Mooselflies » November 19th, 2010, 9:44 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:Very nice find, on that video you just posted on Nuketown, did you have to do anything just before you released the tactical insertion? Or just release it at the feet of that clip and it got pushed (because I thought tacticals went exactly where you are stood, and your stood on a bit that isn't clipped).

nope just run jump drop

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 19th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Tested myself. Jump onto truck and tactical insertion will just spawn on balcony.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 19th, 2010, 10:30 pm

Awesome, ima go hunting some glitches then!
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 28th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Small post to give understanding on the tactical insertion bug the throws it across gaps...

The tactical insertion will always go to the LAST potential location, not the nearest.
For example, on Launch:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=12837

After doing that jump, try put down a Tactical insertion. It will spawn where you jumped from. I have found a few palces that this happens.

JRmoomoo45
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by JRmoomoo45 » December 26th, 2010, 6:36 am

Great find! Im gonna test this out for sure :P

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » December 27th, 2010, 12:38 am

JRmoomoo45 wrote:Great find! Im gonna test this out for sure :P
Its no longer that exciting. The original bug was fixed by Treyarch (out of map).
The tactical insertion 'exploit' is no more an exploit than a engine fail salfe that records movement and only allows the tactical insertion to be placed in a place where you can spawn without falling or getting stuck.

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » November 24th, 2013, 8:43 am

after years i still think the vid is fake(and i uploaded it lol). The only reason it still exist is that i keep it for the memories.
Like Drofder said..."and only allows the tactical insertion to be placed in a place where you can spawn without falling or getting stuck." Why in the hell would it be out of map? Theres no reason. It allways will be placed where u started jumping.

Edit for strangers in 2013: I know its old
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » November 24th, 2013, 3:06 pm

No idea what made you bring this up, but after a very quick look back, I would agree - it is 100% fake.

Code: Select all

"if ( self isOnGround( true ) && TestSpawnPoint( latestOrigin ) )"
[/size]

The code simply reads, if the player is on the ground and the latestOrigin (last location) is true when tested as a "SpawnPoint", then you can place the tactical insertion.

The TestSpawnPoint function is build in, but it would be a very simple concept to CoD1 "positionWouldTelefrag" function, it would simply stop the player spawning in a position that would cause a problem.

Either a tactical insertion pre-placed outside the map (and then a simple weapon switch to cancel placing the tactical insertion) or possibly even video editing.