CoD 4: MP_Mall Grand Opening coming soon...

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: uzumakibro93

CoD 4: MP_Mall Grand Opening coming soon...

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 16th, 2010, 3:08 am

Well, maybe not soon...
Hard work, dedication, persistence, and loyalty have bred a new map strategy for Call of Duty's own Deadly. Kyle Mulliger, the man behind the legendary title, has moved back into the big business of Mapping to develop, with help from some of the wisest young brothers out there, a new style; a new lifewave for the Call of Duty series. This new map is the match that will set off his grand debris pile of Modding and Mapping for the series again. Thank you for watching, and please Subscribe!
Video Overview of First Completed Room:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH4P9Cbl ... r_embedded

Please post any comments, questions, ideas, etc here... Thank you, [CoDB] Deadly.

ORIGINALS:

Kyle's Floor Plan [GENERAL] #1:

Christian's (Age 9) Food Court Plan #1 [REVISION DUE 10/16:

Karen's Courtyard Plan #1:

P.S. Anyone interested in helping someone new to CoD 4 mapping, please add me on xfire (Uzumakibro93). Thank you, Kyle Mulliger aka Deadly.

I've worked until I have been driven insane. And then I kept working. The only thing I need to know is, exactly who are those people talking to me in my head? And why do they want me to kill you?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: CoD 4: MP_Mall Grand Opening coming soon...

Post by Drofder2004 » October 16th, 2010, 1:38 pm

12 minutes to say you have room that is practically finsihed but has yet to have any decoration or detail beyond handrails :/

A few comments:
- Pipes. Corner pipes are 90 degree pipes, they do not need a connectors at 45 degrees. The connections between pipes should be at most 2 units. 1 unit = 1 inch, to have a connection betwee n2 pipes at larger than an inch is big, let alone 3 or 4.

- Who is Kyle Mulliger? Am I living in the dark and should know who this is?

Add some more detail to the map as, at the moment from what I have seen I am not exactly excited.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » October 16th, 2010, 3:09 pm

escalators! escalators! dont fail with them! :-)

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » October 16th, 2010, 5:13 pm

"It's called mp_mall and it's going to be a big mall" :lol:

Looking good so far but you have a lot of work yet to do ;)
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 16th, 2010, 5:17 pm

1. Kyle Mulliger is a Nobody when it comes to CoD 4 mapping. He's a somebody when it comes to the CoD 1 community and CoDBoards, though. I'm Kyle. I've been working with CoD since the game came out, working on maps, mods, and some small models. I've yet to release any to the public for the sheer fact that I make mods for clans that promise not to allow the server files to get out, so why the hell would I put out the server files myself? I just wrote the description to try to get people to watch it, comment, and maybe a bit for the lulz...

2. The room is a design I had made on Graph Paper and therefore I decided to first start with the main structures that I've worked on, paperwise. I know there is almost no detail, but I'm adding tables, trying to make a decent shirt from brushmodels, adding clothing racks, adding folded shirts, etc tomorrow. I made that room in approximately the time it took to then record the video. The main point of the room itself was to introduce my 9 year old brother to mapping in general.

3. Escalators! Escalators everywhere! T.T Yeah, 2 sets of escalators, probably 3 sets of stairs, 1 elevator on the left wing, 1 elevator on the right wing, a movie theatre (wish I knew how to make textures that actually were animated...), an arcade, apparently a Playland in the food court (Christian, where the heck do you come up with this stuff), and a jewelry store are all already planned.

4. Wow, I never knew Luke was going to make a Mall for CoD 4. but wait; I never cared either. He didn't finish, or at least release, his. I will.

5. This map will be my first for CoD 4, and being so, it will be less detailed than you guys are used to in mp_ maps (jm_ maps aren't usually overly detailed, though I do think that 90% of the ones your team itself puts out are good), but it will be competitively designed if I take the time to do so. I do think that I will need help with a few things, so if someone would volunteer...well, yeah.

6. Pipes do need to be changed, but that was a last minute bit of detail I added. Rails are...skinny, but they'll work. More detail coming next update.

Thank you all for the compliments, questions, and comments.

Thank you, Deadly AKA Uzumakibro93 or Kyle Mulliger.

I've worked until I have been driven insane. And then I kept working. The only thing I need to know is, exactly who are those people talking to me in my head? And why do they want me to kill you?

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 16th, 2010, 6:15 pm

Looking good, sounds like you have big plans. Best of luck.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 16th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:12 minutes to say you have room that is practically finsihed but has yet to have any decoration or detail beyond handrails :/
My thoughts exactly as I watched the first minute and then skipped through the rest of the video and it turned into a 'what are spawn points?' video.

The map looks nice so far, but it doesn't appear that you've really done that much, so to make a video seems somewhat pointless.

Good luck with the rest of the project, and consider making a jump map version :P

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 16th, 2010, 9:57 pm

If...no, when...I get this map finished, I'll be sure to try to make a jump map version. I'll need someone's help though...Nightmare, my beautiful, young icon, I'll kiss you if you help! :*

Haha, no homo.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 16th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Sorry, Nightmare doesn't do CoD4.

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 16th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Who said I wasn't going to port it to CoD 1, too? XD

I know Nightmare doesn't do CoD 4. I've had long discussions on that subject with him...

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 17th, 2010, 6:45 am

Update! Vid2. This one is 3min, just fundamental explanations of the added details. In case you're wondering, this is not anywhere near the only room in the mall, I just take my time on each. If I take 1 week per room, and plan on having approx 20 enter-able stores along with a lobby, a courtyard, and a foodcourt, then it'll only take about 30 weeks. Haha, I'll have it done in 3 months if I get really into it. I just don't ever have the free-time to do so.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9sT0qWgKk

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 17th, 2010, 3:18 pm

Uzumakibro93 wrote:I'll have it done in 3 months if I get really into it.
And by then most people will have probably moved on to Black Ops :lol:

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » October 17th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Pedsdude wrote:
Uzumakibro93 wrote:I'll have it done in 3 months if I get really into it.
And by then most people will have probably moved on to Black Ops :lol:
Nah, by then people will be fed up with BO and have gone back to CoD4.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 17th, 2010, 4:52 pm

As Drofder indirectly said, there's only so many times I can keep going back to CoD4.

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Uzumakibro93 » October 17th, 2010, 8:04 pm

Yeah, apparently the wrong sound input was turned on... hehehehe...my bad...

Hey, anyone have a decent 3D model of a shirt hanging up, or a shirt folded up? If you do, please post a link or email me or something... Thanks, Deadly.