A Guide To PC CoD4 CoDJumping

For jump related chat that is specific to the PC

Moderators: Core Staff, PC Team

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: A Guide To PC CoD4 CoDJumping

Post by Soviet » January 20th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Well then you're the single best jumper of all time, because I've never seen anyone get close to finishing the map without using double switches. In fact, the second jump is impossible with a single switch and the first is only possible with a single switch if you jump in exactly the right spot.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » January 21st, 2011, 12:52 am

Soviet wrote:Well then you're the single best jumper of all time, because I've never seen anyone get close to finishing the map without using double switches.
The entire map is possible with only single switches, mostly 250 - 333 (I didn't do the maze, but I assume it's possible with switches).

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 21st, 2011, 1:57 am

Ah, right, I remember now, let me rephrase. The pro part of v2 of glass requires quite a few double switches and are absolutely impossible without. I was recalling the rest of the map incorrectly, but I know I'm correct on the part added in v2.
ImageImageImage

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » January 21st, 2011, 2:37 am

I assume you mean mp_ib_glass_v3? because that is the one in the downloads page. But the pro part just before the maze is all possible with single fps switches, 250-333.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » January 21st, 2011, 4:23 am

Yes v3. And I'll believe it if I see it. After playing that map for months on Server 1 I have yet to hear of someone doing the bounces before the maze without 3-2-3.
ImageImageImage

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » January 21st, 2011, 5:58 am

With a demo recording, is there a way to see the exact FPS used by the person who recorded it? Because if there is. I'd be happy to record one.

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » January 21st, 2011, 7:45 am

iCYsoldier wrote:With a demo recording, is there a way to see the exact FPS used by the person who recorded it? Because if there is. I'd be happy to record one.
i really doubt you can see it. But if its 125,250 or 333 trust your feelings
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 21st, 2011, 11:41 am

Not sure which version i played now, thought it was called v2 but did it with 1 switch. I'll have to download the map again to be sure.

Don't have time now tough. Have to give a big presentation in like half an hour so i better be going.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 10th, 2011, 3:46 pm

http://www.codjumper.com/guide.php

I made a few changes to the guide, so take the website version as the latest version now, instead of this topic.

i-LiMiT-i
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by i-LiMiT-i » November 2nd, 2011, 2:47 pm

While your PC might be capable of getting 333 FPS you might not be getting it even under the proper CoD4 configurations, reason? Maybe your operating system is a mess? Your OS can be using a lot of CPU and RAM and that can seriously decrease FPS in-games. Firstly, go Start>Run type msconfig and press enter. Go to the Startup tab, and deselect everything that you feel is not needed to be ran on the startup. Nextly, again, Start>Run and type services.msc. This will open up a tab with all the services that are running on the PC, there might be many services that are unnecessary. What you need to do, is disable the unnecessary services, how do you know which ones are unnecessary? I would advice not to touch anything unless you know what you're doing, the best way to find out what's useful and what's not is to read up a guide explaining all the services and giving you advices on what you can turn on or off:
This is, and isn't true. "Your OS can be using a lot of CPU and RAM and that can seriously decrease FPS in-games." The CPU part of it is correct, but the RAM isn't. Computer games are detected by windows, and windows sends the files needed to the video cards RAM, rather than the systems RAM modules. This is so that:

• The RAM on the computer isn't interrupted by the game
• The game uses the memory of the graphics card as generally they are faster, and running DDR5

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » November 8th, 2011, 10:38 pm

i-LiMiT-i wrote:
While your PC might be capable of getting 333 FPS you might not be getting it even under the proper CoD4 configurations, reason? Maybe your operating system is a mess? Your OS can be using a lot of CPU and RAM and that can seriously decrease FPS in-games. Firstly, go Start>Run type msconfig and press enter. Go to the Startup tab, and deselect everything that you feel is not needed to be ran on the startup. Nextly, again, Start>Run and type services.msc. This will open up a tab with all the services that are running on the PC, there might be many services that are unnecessary. What you need to do, is disable the unnecessary services, how do you know which ones are unnecessary? I would advice not to touch anything unless you know what you're doing, the best way to find out what's useful and what's not is to read up a guide explaining all the services and giving you advices on what you can turn on or off:
This is, and isn't true. "Your OS can be using a lot of CPU and RAM and that can seriously decrease FPS in-games." The CPU part of it is correct, but the RAM isn't. Computer games are detected by windows, and windows sends the files needed to the video cards RAM, rather than the systems RAM modules. This is so that:

• The RAM on the computer isn't interrupted by the game
• The game uses the memory of the graphics card as generally they are faster, and running DDR5
Like you said, what I've written is partly incorrect however the point I was making, your game will run better if less CPU and RAM resources are being used. It is true that the video card's RAM is more related to games but the system RAM is also used by them - just check, more resources of system RAM will always be in use when you play games. I'm not an expert when it comes to these things so I don't know how exactly it is used, but since it is, and sometimes too much of it, it’s always better to have more of it available.