A Guide To PC CoD4 CoDJumping

For jump related chat that is specific to the PC

Moderators: Core Staff, PC Team

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

A Guide To PC CoD4 CoDJumping

Post by Lancast » September 19th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Note from me: This is a all-in-one guide I decided to write, which will prepare any newcomers to CoDJumping. If you have any interesting ideas on how to improve my guide, leave a comment below!

---

Index

1. Introduction
2. Getting Started

a) Hardware
b) Configs

3. Frames Per Second - Jumping
4. CoDJumping Techniques

a) Strafe Jump
b) RPG Strafe Jump
c) Bounce
d) FPS Switch
e) Elevator
f) Stack

5. Binds
a) FPS
b) CJ Mod
c) Other
d) Automatic Setup

6. CoDJumper Mod & Maps
7. Our YouTube Channel
8. Finding a server

---

1. Introduction

CoDJumping is a way of glitching but it's also an art, a feature, it's another way of playing Call of Duty. For us CoDJumping is a feature, we have developed many different kind of mods that make CoDJumping even more enjoyable and more professional. There are many maps being made every day, many servers being fully populated, our YouTube, Xfire, Twitter, Steam, Facebook and Wipido accounts being updated regularly. The most enjoyable way of CoDJumping is to do it together with other people, on a server that runs CoDJumper mod and either stock or custom maps. CoDJumping is not something easy, learnable in one day, it requires skill and experience. So before you can go and enjoy yourself on one of our servers, have a read of the CoDJumping PC Guide which will prepare you for professional CoDJumping.

2. Getting Started

2. a) Hardware

Unfortunately, as any other game, CoDJumper requires you to have a better than an average computer. CoDJumping can either be done on stock or custom maps, the difference between those two when it comes to hardware is, for stock maps usually more FPS (Frame per Second) is required where on Custom Maps less.

What you have to do, is start Call of Duty 4 on your current PC, go to Options>Multiplayer Options and Enable Console. Now would be a good idea to go to the graphics options and turn everything as down as possible. Then, while being on the main menu of multiplayer, press ~ and it will open up the console. Type /devmap mp_crash and the map Crash should launch. The next step is to see how much FPS you're getting, open up the console again and type: /cg_drawfps 1. On the top right corner numbers stating your FPS. Take a note of that, then open up the console again and type /r_fullbright 1 and see how much you FPS has increased.

If you plan on being a professional CoDJumper, on a stock map (e.g. crash) you need to get a stable 333 FPS while on full bright. If you plan on CoDJumping on public servers, it would be even better if you could get a stable 333 FPS without fullbright. If you're getting on full bright any FPS lower than 250, then your computer needs upgrading. You should consider upgrading your Processor, Graphics Card and RAM. If you're getting around 250 FPS or anything above 125 FPS, you should be fine, you will still be able to do a lot of jumps and also there is a way to boost up FPS.

2. b) Configs

If your FPS needs boosting then you need to have a read of this. There are many ways to boost up FPS, it can either give you a huge FPS boost, or a small one, it different for other computers. The first step is to make sure that you have all the graphics options turned as down as possible, so start up Call of Duty 4, go Options>Graphics, set as LOW resolution as possible and turn every other setting either on LOW or OFF. Then, go to the Texture Settings, under Texture Quality select Manual, and turn everything on LOW.

The next step is to set certain commands inside the console that will also give you a FPS boost. Press ~ to open up console, type these commands:

/r_fullbright 1
/r_drawdecals 0
/r_drawsun 0
/r_drawwater 0
/r_detail 0
/fx_enable 0
/r_fog 0

These commands definitely will increase your FPS, but carry on reading, there is more! Another thing you could try, is to download a special config designed to increase your FPS, one of configs like that is called yitch3, download it from here

While your PC might be capable of getting 333 FPS you might not be getting it even under the proper CoD4 configurations, reason? Maybe your operating system is a mess? Your OS can be using a lot of CPU and RAM and that can seriously decrease FPS in-games. Firstly, go Start>Run type msconfig and press enter. Go to the Startup tab, and deselect everything that you feel is not needed to be ran on the startup. Nextly, again, Start>Run and type services.msc. This will open up a tab with all the services that are running on the PC, there might be many services that are unnecessary. What you need to do, is disable the unnecessary services, how do you know which ones are unnecessary? I would advice not to touch anything unless you know what you're doing, the best way to find out what's useful and what's not is to read up a guide explaining all the services and giving you advices on what you can turn on or off:

Windows 7 Services Configuration
Windows Server 2008 Services Configuration
Windows Vista Services Configuration
Windows XP 32-bit Services Configuration
Windows XP 64-bit Services Configuration

Choose the one for your system, have a little read, while doing so you should also gain some knowledge, then decide what's needed and what's not. If you're not too bothered, you can just follow the "SAFE" guide on each configuration.

Last step to make sure your Windows is prepared is to download a little Freeware called CCleaner, it will clean up all the useless junk and fix your registry.

By now you CoD4 and your Windows should be full configured, to give you the best performance possible, you have everything ready, what's the next step? Knowledge about jumping!

3. Frames Per Second - Jumping

I've been talking a lot about the FPS needed for CoDJumping but I haven't explained to you why it matters. Different FPSs allow you to jump at different distance and different height levels. There are mainly only 3 different FPSs used in CoD4 CoDJumping, 125, 250 and 333.

125 FPS - 40.5 height units
250 FPS - 41.5 height units
333 FPS - 46 height units

Let's translate this into English.
125 FPS is mainly used for parallel distance jumps.
250 FPS is mainly used for far distance jumps, not straight jumps, usually for bounces and FPS switches, for jumps from high to far low platforms. 250 FPS is not used for parallel distance jumping as it gives bad results.
333 FPS will give you the best distance outcome, but it also makes your movement more fluent and when jumping on far distances. However, when it comes to far distance jumps e.g. from high to low platform 333 is not used, as it simply won't reach what 125 or 250 will, it will make you go high for a certain time then fall down.

It all might sound simply in theory, but it's a lot more complicated when it comes to practise, that is why it would be a good idea to watch some video tutorials on certain CoDJumping techniques.

4. CoDJumping Techniques

4. a) Strafe Jump

Strafe Jump is the most popular technique used in CoDJumping, it allows you to jump a lot further than you would jump by just running straight and far. I'm not going to bore you with all the details, the best way to learn is to do trial and error, let's watch a video tutorial on Strafe Jumping:

4. b) RPG Strafe Jump

RPG Strafe Jumping is basically the same as strafe jumping, the difference is you use RPG and you go much, much further! Be aware though, on public servers you can only do RPG jumps if the rocket will hit ground that is much below you, if you just fire the RPG at the ground you're standing on, you will die, but that's not the issue when it comes to CoDJumping on our servers, our mod keeps you alive ;)

4. c) Bounce

Bounce does exactly what the name suggests, it makes you, BOUNCE! You basically jump on a object, if the object is slanted that means it's bounceable. If you jump using correct FPS and hit it with correct height and speed, it will make you bounce!

4. d) FPS Switch

FPS Switching is the technique that allows you to hit bounces and then land on certain places with a proper manner.

4. e) Elevator

Elevators is a technique that will make you "fly-up" on certain objects, to the very top of that certain object. It's called elevator, because you basically go straight up next to an object, just like a normal elevators do.

4. f) Stack

Stacks are not something you should be concerned about when jumping on CoDJumping servers, there you should always try your best to get anywhere you want on your own, however, on public servers stacking can be useful. The difference is, on jumping servers, you have all the time in the world, where on public servers time matters and stacking can really speed up the process of getting wherever you want.

Take a look at this video below which explains how to perform stacks!

5. Binds

Binds are set of commands that make your life easier and save you a lot of time when jumping. You can make a bind for any in-game console command, but only few can relate to CoDJumper in a way.
The rule to set a bind is:
/bind -button- -commands-

5. a) FPS

FPS is what makes you jump at a certain distance and at a certain height level, different FPS affects your jumping in a different way. Many jumps require different kinds of FPSs, many bounces require different kinds FPS switches. You could like change your FPS using console everytime on a different jump, but you couldn't do that on Switch Bounces. What will make your life much easier and speed up your jumping are binds.
These below are my personal binds that I use for jumping.

/bind X "com_maxfps 333" - Sets FPS to 333 by pressing the button X
/bind Z "com_maxfps 125"- Sets FPS to 125 or 250 by pressing the button Z
/bind MOUSE2 "toggle com_maxfps 250 333" - Changes FPS between 250 333 and 125 333
/bind M "vstr fpskey1" - Changes the FPS value for the Z button, either 125 or 250
/bind , "vstr xfpskey1" - Changes the FPS value for the Right-Click(Mouse2) button, either 125 333 or 250 333
These below are commands needed for the M and , buttons to work.
/seta fpskey1 "vstr fpskey2"
/seta fpskey2 "bind z com_maxfps 125;set fpskey1 vstr fpskey3"
/seta fpskey3 "bind z com_maxfps 250;set fpskey1 vstr fpskey2"
/seta xfpskey1 "vstr xfpskey3"
/seta xfpskey2 "bind mouse2 toggle com_maxfps 250 333;set xfpskey1 vstr xfpskey3"
/seta xfpskey3 "bind mouse2 toggle com_maxfps 125 333;set xfpskey1 vstr xfpskey2"

You can modify these binds in any way you want, for example, right after it says /bind just change the key to any you want.

*You can also download from an attachment cfg that will automatically activate all my binds/commands. Read below on how to activate*

5. b) CJ Mod

On the newest CoDJumper mod, make sure to go to the Multiplayer Options, as in that menu you can set up some commands. However on the older version, which is still in use on some servers, you cannot, and besides, it's always better to know more than less right?
These below are the save and load and knife binds I use when CoDJumping:

/bind V "openscriptmenu cj save" - Saves position by pressing the button V(No knifing required)
/bind F "openscriptmenu cj load" - Loads position by pressing the button F
/bind H "+melee" - New button for the Knife(Melee)
/bind P "+activate" - Just set it, this is what F originaly used to do.
Again, you can modify these binds in any way you want.

*You can also download from an attachment cfg that will automatically activate all my binds/commands. Read below on how to activate*

5. c) Other
There are also some other useful binds that you could use when CoDJumping, unfortunately I only use one, can you think of any other that might be useful?
The bind to freeze:

/bind 0 "ping lag" - If you press the button 0, your player will freeze, the more times you press it, the longer you will freeze for

Another thing you could set as bind, can be some motds, greedings, whatever you can type on the chat.
Here's how:

/bind 1 say "Hello" - When you press the button 1, you will automatically say on the chat "Hello".

Again, you can modify these binds in any way you want.

5. d) Automatic Setup

Yee, yee, we heard that already...
If you would just like to have all my binds automatically put to your CoD4 Profile, download the ExecMe.zip from the attachment and extract it in your CoD4 Install folder/main. Then while in-game(menu, game) open up the console ~ and type:

/exec Execme.cfg

and all the binds will be automatically activated!

6. CoDJumper Mod & Maps

CoDJumper Mod for CoD4 is a modification for Call of Duty 4 developed by one of our staff members called Drofder2004. The biggest feature of the mod is that it allows you to save & load your position. Basically saying, whenever you're trying to do a jump, you can save on the starting spot, if you fail, you load your previous position and you can try again, when you're successful, you save the position and carry on. This mod is very useful when it comes to CoDJumping on custom maps, as custom maps are more like a race, there is a start point and an end point, without CoDJumper mod, custom maps wouldn't exist. CoDJumper Mod offers many other features, check them out here.

CoDJumper offers a different selection of many different custom maps, check them all out here.

If you would like to train strafe jumping, I suggest downloading map called mp_codjumper_training, it's an ideal map to train your strafe. Also make sure to check out our strafe jump gaps records page, here.

7. Our YouTube Channel

You're almost there, you're almost ready to start CoDJumping, calm down! It would be a good idea to check out our YouTube channel, you can find on it many different kinds of useful videos, tutorials, walkthroughs and many more! Check it out below!
CoDJumper YouTube

8. Finding a server

You're now ready to begin CoDJumping! Go to the main page of our site (or click here) and choose up a server! There are many different servers, offering different maps and different features, you need to decide which server is the server for YOU!
Welcome and happy CoDJumping!

---

CoDJumper.com - For all your CoDJumping needs!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lancast on September 25th, 2010, 4:52 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Guide To PC CoD4 CoDJumping

Post by Pedsdude » September 19th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Very nice guide, have made a few small edits with regards to typos / grammar, but other than that it's perfect :)

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 19th, 2010, 6:52 pm

Good job.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » September 19th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Pretty good, now do it for all the other CoDs. ;)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

.:iSpawn:.
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by .:iSpawn:. » September 19th, 2010, 7:19 pm

Could add dans old video on how to do freezing if you want to add more advanced things to it

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 19th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Thanks, good idea, I'll make in the near future a video tutorial explaining different types of stacking for CoDJumper and then I'll add a "Stacking" section to this guide.
Last edited by Lancast on September 19th, 2010, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: A Guide To PC COD4 CoDJumping

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 19th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Hehe, I was thinkign the same as you KS :P

Really nice!
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

TechPB
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by TechPB » September 19th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Really nice job, i wish i had something like this when i was starting.

B4.
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by B4. » September 19th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Great job lancast,

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » September 20th, 2010, 12:01 am

Very nice guide, one little query though, you state that 125/250 FPS both jump 41 units, i'm pretty certain that 250 FPS jumps slightly higher, maybe 42 or so I don't know the figures. But I'm sure there are some objects I can jump onto with 250 but not with 125.

Other than that great guide.
-

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 20th, 2010, 12:33 am

Just made some changes in terms of formatting (showing numbers in the titles, spacing between each section, spacing before each YouTube embed etc.) - I hope you don't mind :)
madnesslink5 wrote:i'm pretty certain that 250 FPS jumps slightly higher, maybe 42 or so I don't know the figures. But I'm sure there are some objects I can jump onto with 250 but not with 125.
I always thought 250 was exactly the same height as 125.

iCYsoldier
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by iCYsoldier » September 20th, 2010, 12:42 am

I think it's:

39 units @ default FPS
40 units @ 125 FPS
41 units @ 250 FPS
46 units @ 333 FPS

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » September 20th, 2010, 7:51 am

pretty awesome :) nice job, my fav bit was where my videos came into it :P
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 20th, 2010, 8:16 am

Pedsdude wrote:Just made some changes in terms of formatting (showing numbers in the titles, spacing between each section, spacing before each YouTube embed etc.) - I hope you don't mind :)
It's ok, feel free to change it in any way you want.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 20th, 2010, 3:59 pm

matt101harris wrote:pretty awesome :) nice job, my fav bit was where my videos came into it :P
Nah, whoever made them was obviously shit at making videos (well, apart from the strafe jumping tutorial and bouncing tutorial, they were pro :)).