Site expansion and updates

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site expansion and updates

Post by Pedsdude » September 16th, 2010, 1:13 am

As some of you may have noticed, there have been various changes throughout the website over the past few days.

To cut a long story short, we at CoDJumper.com have decided to expand to the console versions of the Call of Duty and Modern Warfare series of games. Up until this point we've been entirely cutting out a large segment of the 'market' so to speak, and we've decided that by teaming up with the leaders in those specific areas, we can help to share content with not only PC gamers but also console gamers.

Consequently, we have had a bit of a shuffle with the team structure. The CoDJumper.com Team has now been renamed to Core Staff (whose role will be moderators on the forum, amongst other things), and separate teams have been formed for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. You may also notice that the team list on the left of the main page (http://www.codjumper.com/) has been updated accordingly to show the new staff list structure.

I have also updated the main page in order to encorporate the 'Latest News' section more efficiently. Before, it used to take information from our separate website database, however it now takes news from the forums, and shows the number of comments at the top right, hopefully making things a lot more organised and accessible.

Finally, we've included a 'Latest YouTube videos' section on the main page, where you can see the 5 most recent videos from our channel, and also scroll right to see a further 5 videos.

If anyone has any queries then feel free to post.

Happy jumping!

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Site expansion and updates

Post by Lancast » September 16th, 2010, 2:04 am

Interesting update, will certainly make CJ the number one knowledge center now that PS3 and Xbox support has been added. Also, the forum looks more "alive" - thanks to the orange and yellow colors and the new rank icons.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 16th, 2010, 2:13 am

KillerSam wrote:A heck of a lot of behind the scenes work has been going on :lol:
Mainly by me! :x

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 16th, 2010, 2:15 am

The new rank colors being green, yellow, orange, and purple remind me of Halloween :lol:.

This was quite an interesting and major update. Kudos to everyone who has worked on it and congrats to all the new staff members :D
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 16th, 2010, 2:26 am

Infinite wrote:Kudos to everyone who has worked on it and congrats to all the new staff members :D
It would certainly be interesting to have a Kudos feature on the forums - in the future.

topher
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by topher » September 16th, 2010, 3:17 am

It's nice to see CoDJumper expanding! Good job on the updates. : )

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 16th, 2010, 10:31 am

Good job.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » September 16th, 2010, 6:34 pm

I like how the console expansions have been made after that codjumper for console forum (cant remember the URL) was made ;)
I like it :) Maybe i need to get good on console now? ;)

EDIT
KillerSam wrote:
Lancast wrote:
Infinite wrote:Kudos to everyone who has worked on it and congrats to all the new staff members :D
It would certainly be interesting to have a Kudos feature on the forums - in the future.
Remind me in future, or if you find a good system to implement it - let me know.
On a forum that i cant remember what it was called, they used a system called vBullitin. This had pretty good kudos system etc.
Last edited by ConnoR on September 16th, 2010, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gagarin
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Gagarin » September 18th, 2010, 2:45 pm

main page and new forum colours and icons under nicknames looks awesome 8) Good work guys

.:iSpawn:.
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by .:iSpawn:. » September 18th, 2010, 5:13 pm

i like it quite a lot. I think it'll bring more attention to the forums

NJ guys :D