[COD2] Release: Defrag mod v1

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

[COD2] Release: Defrag mod v1

Post by IzNoGoD » August 19th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Hi all,
I made a mod for defrag servers, the cod2 codjumper serv runs it at the moment.
Its more or less a port of the hungarian defrag mod, but that one aint public.

It is based on the Projumpers home edition jumpmod, by <MasterThomy>, which is based on the original codjumper 1.6 by drofder.

Features:
- Rocketlauncher, thx to Emu/Caspii from the hungarian defrag server
- No shellshock
- No hurt, ever
- Only hit self
- saveposition with spare position and other things from the jumpmod like fps boost
- Some tweaks to cod cvars (bg_falldamagemaxheight, bg_falldamageminheight, jump_slowdownenabled, jump_height, g_speed)
- No reload on rocketlauncher (999999 ammo, nopartialreload)

Link to the mod: Click here
The mod ONLY RUNS IN DED MODE, otherwise you wont have all cvars tweaked. (so set dedicated to LAN/internet)

Upcoming feature:
- No block mod like on codjumper mod
- Speed-o-meter and accel-o-meter
- ... drop a suggestion

Next version will be released in: Unknown, im lazy
LMGTFY!

Its not a glitch... Its the future!

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: [COD2] Release: Defrag mod v1

Post by IzNoGoD » August 20th, 2010, 1:54 pm

Speed-o-meter and accel-o-meter are in the alpha version of the next mod, together with a height meter.
Now working on the no block mod.
LMGTFY!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » August 20th, 2010, 2:14 pm

What exactly do they do ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » August 20th, 2010, 4:18 pm

They measure speed in units per second and acceleration in units per second per second.
Height meter shows current height since last jump (in units)
Added maxheight meter too, which shows maxheight since last jump. (units too)
LMGTFY!

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » August 22nd, 2010, 12:40 am

:o. I love defrag on Q3. I'll try this out on CoD2 when I fix my computer :D
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » August 22nd, 2010, 6:28 pm

Remember to run it dedicated, else the mod cant write the cheat protected cvars...
LMGTFY!

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » August 26th, 2010, 11:04 am

No block mod and all meters are integrated into a new version.
Im now working on a version with records per map, reset at map restart, and will release this shortly as v3

I need some testers though-add me to xfire: imbackagainiba
LMGTFY!

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » August 26th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Added maxheight meter too, which shows maxheight since last jump
how does it get the maxheight? coz in order to learn it u need to know all the positions (vectors) a player jumped, but its impossible as u can get some only on server frames. for example:

a player, which height is 0, has just jumped.
0.05 second passed; the script announced the height of the player: 5
0.05 second passed; the script said height: 9
0.05 second passed; the script returned 8

doing simple maths, the script got the maxheight: 9.
but actually, it was 10: after getting 9, the player kept moving upwards a little and got 10 units, then started falling, and then the script checked for new height and got 8.
in other words, the player got 10 units between server frames.

BatterY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by BatterY » August 26th, 2010, 3:11 pm

pfft... megazor and his fancy explanations... :lol:

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » August 26th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Well, it is a simple implementation, as a player never jumps lower that 100 units, and i think a difference of less than 1% is acceptable.
Furthermore, it takes the int of the height/10, so that the height youll see is 10,20,30,40 etc. (done to prevent a blur of numbers)
However, when you land, it knows the exact height and just takes the int of it (11,12,13 etc)

Max height is just checked out every 1/20th of a second, for reasons mentioned before, and because the map maker shouldnt really be concerned with that one extra unit, as the difference between each jump will be 50+ units, thanks to the critical timing of the first shot.

Difference between 333 and 125 fps are huge though, as 333 can reach up to 2000 units up in one single jump, and 125 has a hard time on 800 units already.

The speed and acceleration shown are smoothed, by taking about 10 samples, but its updated every 0.05 seconds. This works ok, although acceleration is quite blurry.

[hypotethical mode]
Also: some physics law states that you will never know the exact location and exact speed of a particle, and thus, max height will never be the exact max height.
[/hyp mode]
LMGTFY!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 27th, 2010, 12:17 am

Simple explanation.

Time inbetween 0.00 and 0.05 allows means the player could move up for 0.05 seconds more.
If a player runs at 190 units per second then there is a 9.5 unit potential difference between each wait cycle
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

SmokeYaSs
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by SmokeYaSs » August 27th, 2010, 2:12 am

What I said before, after so many years finally some fun back into the game.
Since any cod after the 2nd part blew major thingsillrathernotnamehere imho, this is something ill be able to waste a load of time on :D

Other than for that records stuff you were messing on last days, maybe do some kind of max speed.
The height is already really helpful for me, but some kind of "maxspeed" that ive reached during last (single) jump, or a line of "bunnys", SOMETHING like that would be really awesome.

Looking at how fast yure spamming me on xf about latest changes and updates, I guess youre bout half way done with that already before you read this, but hey.... :lol:
The maxheight, acceleration etc. I asked for, are working just the way I was hoping (except for minor issues such as unsteady numbers).

Long talk short sense, its not quake3 and im missing REAL gammas/bunnys so far, but still:
GREAT JOB
Keep going.

on heights... maybe think of an 125 lock OR think about stuff such as (Wolf ET) pmove_fixed_1
That stuff made ppl jump the same way on low fps than with constant 125 .
In this case instead make "ANYTHING=333" and evryone can jump the huge 333 ones on whatever fps his machine might run for a max.
(kinda emulated the "physics")

Having most people jump on 125 and just a few on 333 kinda makes me NOT want to make any 333fps maps.
If evryone is able to do it, there would be hardly any sense in sticking to these lame micro jumps you teand to get out of 125 fps^^

And for the rocketjumps upwards, you get up to ca. 1k (980 last time i tried) on 125fps aswell.
Still, if theres any chance to make evryone jump the way 333 fps do, pls give it a try.

Keep rocking, q4l fk mw^^^^

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » August 27th, 2010, 4:03 am

well, dude, what was the point of making the height counter if it doesnt give an accurate value? compare ur cheap and the thing that is built into the counter-strike jump mod and gives VERY accurate values to within .001. i dont exactly know how it gets such values; perhaps, there are stock CS functions like onPlayerLanding(), lol, but the fact remains.

IzNoGoD
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by IzNoGoD » August 27th, 2010, 2:51 pm

As maxheight only matters from going up to going down again-> s=1/2*a*t^2 and t has a max of 0.05 second, a has 800 (g_gravity=800 units per second per second)

makes that the maximum number of units youll be able to differ from the max reached height shown is exactly one. As im already taking the integer part of the unitcount, there is no much use for a more accurate height meter, as it will be 1/2000 of the max jump height.=0.05%

Im not gonna rewrite a barely used part of my mod with difficult things as vectors (which are calculated every 0.05 second too tbh) to fix a 0,05% offset.

This is not a rant.

OnPlayerLanding can be done by checking every 0.05 seconds for !isonground and isonground. (this also means a 0.05 second offset, but who can read 20 fps of numbers flying by anyway?)

About bunnyhopping: I think it can be emulated, but not entirely be brought back.
My idea on bunnyhopping is to check speed in the x-y plane, just before landing, then onlanding give a gun with a speed that is the same of you just before the landing.
This requires a shitload of weapons, and someone said there was a weapon cap, about 100 weapons or so.
LMGTFY!

Levcek
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Levcek » August 29th, 2010, 6:35 pm

IzNoGod...

as i know defrag mod was made by Emu...

cuz im not very sure if thats by you :)

Image THE MAPPER