Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Re: Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

Post by ConnoR » May 20th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Verrry nice. Good look topping that

jakek95
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jakek95 » May 21st, 2010, 4:37 pm

Can someone post the link for mazarina megui profile.... CHEERS!

Ajic
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ajic » May 21st, 2010, 4:44 pm

Place this in \megui folder and select Mazarini from profiles.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22552342/profiles.rar

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 21st, 2010, 5:29 pm

ye mazarni is quite good not the best but quite good

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » May 21st, 2010, 6:28 pm

mwuahhaha use my config :D Image

jakek95
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by jakek95 » May 21st, 2010, 9:34 pm

LOL beastly!!! download link PLEASE!!!!!

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 21st, 2010, 9:41 pm

i dont know any1 who has better quality than ch4vion ot bloodz :S. (bloodx my personaly movie maker :D)
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 22nd, 2010, 1:00 am

matt101harris wrote:i dont know any1 who has better quality than ch4vion ot bloodz :S. (bloodx my personaly movie maker :D)
seems like lancast decided to shut up after all :D link to bloddz vid at yt?

Mooselflies
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
PSN ID: mooselflies

Post by Mooselflies » May 22nd, 2010, 10:18 am

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 3:24 pm

Ch4vioN wrote:
matt101harris wrote:i dont know any1 who has better quality than ch4vion ot bloodz :S. (bloodx my personaly movie maker :D)
I have no intention in arguing with a immature brat that has no idea what he's talking about. Unlike you I have experience in this. MKV is the best video container out there at the moment, MP4 is nothing compare to it, that's not a opinion, it's a fact. I also have no intention in wasting my time doing a video like you did, what does something like that prove? It proves nothing, you coulda as well saved that in MKV and the quality would be the same reagrdless of the codec you used. It's all about the way you encode it, it doesn't have to be h264, can be xvid and you could get same quality but the file size would be much bigger obviously. The discussion was of the posibilities each container has and MKV can handle almost all codecs where as I already stated, MP4 can't.
The discussion ended after I stated the facts, facts that MKV is better(it's not something I came up with myself, read about itthis container and you might learn something) and then you said "Lancast you're way wrong about this" which proved how immature you are talking high without having any knowledge. As far as I'm conserned, there is nothing to discuss, you can't argue that MP4 is better because, it's just fact that it's not, it's like saying PS1 is more powerful than PS3 where we all know that it's not.
Last edited by Lancast on May 22nd, 2010, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 22nd, 2010, 3:29 pm

Lancast wrote:
Ch4vioN wrote:
I have no intention in arguing with a immature brat that has no idea what he's talking about. Unlike you I have experience in this. MKV is the best video container out there at the moment, MP4 is nothing compare to it, that's not a opinion, it's a fact. I also have no intention in wasting my time doing a video like you did, what does something like that prove? It proves nothing, you coulda as well saved that in MKV and the quality would be the same since you used h264. It's all about the way you encode it, it doesn't have to be h264, can be xvid and you could get same quality but the file size would be much bigger obviously. The discussion was of the posibilities each container has and MKV can handle almost all codecs where as I already stated, MP4 can't.
Just to clarify, Chavion made that video some time ago, didn't made it for this topic.

Then comparing that video to your walkthrough video, it's obvious that Chavion's quality is better.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 3:33 pm

Hoogie why are you now being immature comparing it to my walkthough? Are you suggesting that MP4 is better because his video quality was better? Are you really that low? I have never mentioned the way I encoded my walkthough, I havent even mentioned my walkthough in this topic, why bring it up? This time it's not a dicussion where Lancast is giving his believes and saying they are right, this discussion is based on facts, facts that MKV is better. Of course his video quality can be better, he could have encoded it better, but that doesn't mean that the container MP4 is better than anything, it's just a container. In my walkthough I recored my game with fraps, not avidemo in cod, then I converted it to WMV in Sony Vegas as it was much quicker than RAW which already resulted in a lot quality loss and then I converted it to h264 with low birthrate just enough for youtube, I never had intention to waste time on doing some superb quality. Don't bring something up have no idea about up. Don't argue on something you have no idea of, MKV as a video container is better than MP4. It's all about what video codec you put to a conteiner with what settings, one settings can be worse, one can be better, one can use better movie cfg, other can use worse. You can have a dual boot on your computer with 2 same ose's but one can be configured better and one worse. The MKV container can contain many different video and audio codecs where MP4 can't, it has many other features that many other containers don't have, MKV is just more powerful, read up on it, don't argue that PS1 is more powerful than PS3, that's what youre doing right now. I have never mentioned any of my videos in this topic, I have not compared them to anything, you briging something up like that just shows how stupid you are.
Last edited by Lancast on May 22nd, 2010, 3:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 22nd, 2010, 3:41 pm

Lancast wrote:Hoogie why are you now being immature comparing it to my walkthough? I have never mentioned the way I encoded my walkthough, I havent even mentioned my walkthough in this topic, why bring it up? This time it's not a dicussion where Lancast is giving his believes and saying they are right, this discussion is based on facts, facts that MKV is better. Are you aruing that MP4 is better where it's not? He just encoded it better. In my walkthough I recored my game with fraps, not avidemo in cod, then I converted it to WMV in Sony Vegas as it was much quicker than RAW which already resulted in a lot quality loss and then I converted it to h264 with low birthrate just enough for youtube. Don't bring something up have no idea about up. Don't argue on something you have no idea of, MKV as a video container is better than MP4. It's all about what video codec you put to that conteiner with what settings, one settings can be worse, one can be better, but as a continer, the MKV container can contain many different video and audio codecs where MP4 can't, it has many other features that many other containers don't have, MKV is just more powerful, read up on it, don't argue that PS1 is more powerful than PS3.
I compared it to your walkthrough video because that's the only video i've seen from you. As you such a expert in MKV you must have made a video with it, otherwise you couldn't say the quality was better.

Give us the link and this discussion will end very soon.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 3:53 pm

Hoogie sorry I really have no intention arguing with you on this because you're suggesting shit, how can you act so stupid? Hoogie, you don't understand any of this and yet you argue.
MKV is a container.
MP4 is a continer.
H.264 is a popular video codec used for HD encodings. MKV/MP4 the pussy, H.264 the dick that goes in, get it?

MKV can handle besides H.264 many other video and audio codecs and has many other features that MP4 doesn't have, therefore it's categorised as a better video container.
H.264 is the codec, one can use better settings on it and make better quality, one can use worse, with exact same settings the quality would be the same on both MKV and MP4. A MKV with h264 codec can look better than MP4 with h264 codec if better settings were used, a MP4 with h264 codec can look better than MKV with h264 if better settings were used, it's all about what settings you use but it doesn't change the fact that generally as a video container MKV is better.
What has me giving a link to a video from me anything to do with the discussion that as a video container MKV is better? Nothing.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » May 22nd, 2010, 4:04 pm

Hoogie why are you now being immature
MKV/MP4 the pussy, H.264 the dick that goes in, get it?
How very mature of you.

What's the point of arguing about this? Do you seriously have nothing better to do than to start arguments about nothing??
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.