Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Re: Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

Post by ConnoR » May 19th, 2010, 7:47 am

chris670 wrote:w8 i 4got its lots of screen shots so no nvm
You from PS3Codjumpers?

aPPs
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by aPPs » May 19th, 2010, 2:24 pm

OK TY4INFO!

(now finally registered here, had to test the forums ofc...)

And matty, wasn't it jake who likes those kind of animals that u got on ur backround O.O!

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 19th, 2010, 2:37 pm

aPPs wrote:OK TY4INFO!

And matty, wasn't it jake who likes those kind of animals that u got on ur backround O.O!
Finally Apple :P
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 19th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Hoogie wrote:Finally Apple :P
I wasn't aware that he wasn't even registered on here yet :P

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 19th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Not a bad tutorial, but some things should be added. Some people might want Full HD therefore they should use 1920x1080 in-game and when rending in sony vegas, when converting to x264 use .mkv as an output instead of .mp4, .mkv handles x264 better and youtube struggles more on fucking your video quality. Secondly, you don't really tell what bitrate is used and whenever it does 2-pass converting or not, it uses some some default settings which is not good,you should select the settings yourself as sometimes if the bitrate is too big your filesize will be too big which is unnessary and if the bitrate is too small the quality will look worse in comprasion to the input file.
I might also suggest to use program called Mediacoder instead of MeGUI. Mediacoder is more powerful and converts much faster.

Ajic
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Ajic » May 19th, 2010, 7:02 pm

True, but not many have resolution more than 1920x1080 therefore making avidemoing pain.

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 19th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Lancast wrote:Not a bad tutorial, but some things should be added. Some people might want Full HD therefore they should use 1920x1080 in-game and when rending in sony vegas, when converting to x264 use .mkv as an output instead of .mp4, .mkv handles x264 better and youtube struggles more on fucking your video quality. Secondly, you don't really tell what bitrate is used and whenever it does 2-pass converting or not, it uses some some default settings which is not good,you should select the settings yourself as sometimes if the bitrate is too big your filesize will be too big which is unnessary and if the bitrate is too small the quality will look worse in comprasion to the input file.
I might also suggest to use program called Mediacoder instead of MeGUI. Mediacoder is more powerful and converts much faster.
you have zero clue what youre on about do you? first mkv is mearly mp4 for subs and diffrent sound tracks within the actual file. They handle x264 EXACTLY the same. Regarding the bitrate a simple rule is 8000 for 50fps and 4000-6000 for 30fps. The profile it self is hard to make and requires some general knowledge or alot of time to do trial and error. I sugeest getting a hold of mazarini's or any other public profile which is good. If anyone is intrested i can upload some profiles.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 19th, 2010, 9:07 pm

*anticipates another Lancast vs. everyone else topic*

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 19th, 2010, 11:33 pm

brb, popcorn.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 20th, 2010, 10:29 am

Ch4vioN I do know what I'm talking about, I've been doing encodings for a lot of animes, tv shows, movies etc. in the past, I have a lot of experience when it comes to this. No, MKV is not just mearly a MP4 that can handle many audiotracks and subs, MKV is far better than any video format, it can handle almost any video and audio codec where MP4 can handle very limited choice of codecs. MKV is the best video format out there and that is a fact, it has a lot more advantages than mp4 or any other video format, the only disadvantage when it comes to MKV is that it's unsuported by most playback devices. Well ye an exact same conversation on x264 codec and format as MKV and MP4 the outcome quality would be the same. However when it comes to youtube MKV will look better, well at least it used to look better. I did a lot of tests in the past and MKV did look better, youtube seemed to struggle with it but since the *past* youtube changed their player and the way they convert many times so can't tell for sure how it's now but still, use MKV as it's generally a better video format.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 20th, 2010, 5:28 pm

aPPs wrote:OK TY4INFO!

APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! omg im so excited! and no it was my ferret! :P.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 20th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Lancast wrote:Not a bad tutorial, but some things should be added. Some people might want Full HD therefore they should use 1920x1080 in-game and when rending in sony vegas, when converting to x264 use .mkv as an output instead of .mp4, .mkv handles x264 better and youtube struggles more on fucking your video quality. Secondly, you don't really tell what bitrate is used and whenever it does 2-pass converting or not, it uses some some default settings which is not good,you should select the settings yourself as sometimes if the bitrate is too big your filesize will be too big which is unnessary and if the bitrate is too small the quality will look worse in comprasion to the input file.
Full HD sucks.. it lags and takes ages. Hardly any difference in quality either.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 20th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Lancast for an expert you are way wrong about this. cba to argue with you but i would love to compare our cod4 quilties if you shut up if mine is better period

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » May 20th, 2010, 8:42 pm

Ch4vioN wrote:Lancast for an expert you are way wrong about this. cba to argue with you but i would love to compare our cod4 quilties if you shut up if mine is better period
Link to a video?

Ch4vioN
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ch4vioN » May 20th, 2010, 9:44 pm

ConnoR wrote:
Ch4vioN wrote:Lancast for an expert you are way wrong about this. cba to argue with you but i would love to compare our cod4 quilties if you shut up if mine is better period
Link to a video?
i'd rather upload something to like rapidshare cuz yt is always yt lol. this is one tho http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqcsVmQtdBw&fmt=22

this is a raw one you need right codecs and a right media player: http://rapidshare.com/files/389713181/r ... t.mp4.html
it's max 10times so tell if i need to reupload