Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

The graphics forum (images and design) - self explanatory really!

Moderator: Core Staff

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: Matty's CoD4 Video Rendering Tutorial

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 4:14 pm

Oh Yea, always against me, right? How could you ask such a stupid question? What do you expect me to do when I suggested at the begining of this topic to use MKV because generally it's a better container and then some idiot says that MP4 is a better container when it's not? Stay quiet like I did until the idiot thinks that by showing his video quality he can prove a point, and then say:
Ch4vioN wrote: seems like lancast decided to shut up after all :D link to bloddz vid at yt?
? Is that what you expect me to do? Let the false statements be accepted? Seriously? I have no intention on starting an argument as this can't be argued, it cannot be argued that MP4 is more powerful than MKV because it's not, it's a friking fact. Is PS1 more powerful than PS3? It's not. Is it my fault that Hoogie has no knowledge about this and suggets that the better looking video decides on which container is better? Don't argue if you don't know shit. They shut up, I shut up, simple as that.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 22nd, 2010, 4:18 pm

Feel free to argue, but in most cases you start flaming at people, calling them idiots and whatnot. You're doing exactly the same in this topic.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 4:20 pm

Yes Zaist you are right about this. The way I exchange words is inappropriate and disprectful towards others, I'm aware of that.
In this particular topic it's very pointless to even argue, why state false facts.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 22nd, 2010, 4:27 pm

Lancast wrote: MKV can handle besides H.264 many other video and audio codecs and has many other features that MP4 doesn't have
Lancast wrote: A MKV with h264 codec can look better than MP4 with h264 codec.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 4:29 pm

Can't help notice that you didn't quote the whole statement, showing your stupidity again Hoogie?
Lancast wrote:A MKV with h264 codec can look better than MP4 with h264 codec if better settings were used, a MP4 with h264 codec can look better than MKV with h264 if better settings were used
Lancast wrote: MKV can handle besides H.264 many other video and audio codecs and has many other features that MP4 doesn't have
Meaning MP4 obviously can handle the H.264 codec is well.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 22nd, 2010, 4:34 pm

What you were saying is that MKV can handle way more codecs like h264 etc which MP4 can't
After that you say that it depends on the settings which looks better MP4 or MKV with h264, which isn't possible if MP4 isn't capable to handle h264..
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » May 22nd, 2010, 4:42 pm

Ok first off, I've nothing against you but you seem to start bashing people for no reason. Second, both file types support H.264 video codec with no loss of quality. The only thing .mkv does better is being able to support multiple video, audio and subtitle tracks but in the case of a frag movie I fail to see the reason why you would want multiple tracks in a single file(they're almost always uploaded onto sites like wipido which re-encode them anyway).
Saying it's the same as comparing a PS1 to a PS3 is false aswell, since both file types are still in use today and none of them is obsolete. You can't say that .mkv is universally better as the .mp4 format is supported by many other external video playing devices while .mkv is not.
A MKV with h264 codec can look better than MP4 with h264 codec.
????? IT'S THE SAME VIDEO CODEC, you can encode 1,920×1,080@120FPS and store it in a .mkv file type or a .mp4 file type. The only difference will be that .mkv tends to have a bigger file size than .mp4.

Both formats are good, it's what you intend to do with the video that matters ie. the final destination(a PS3, an online movie etc.).
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 4:44 pm

Hoogie wrote:What you were saying is that MKV can handle way more codecs like h264 etc which MP4 can't
After that you say that it depends on the settings which looks better MP4 or MKV with h264, which isn't possible if MP4 isn't capable to handle h264..
Hoogie are you seriously THAT stupid? I never said that MP4 can't handle h264, do you have some problems reading? H.264 is the video codec, MKV and MP4 are the containers. MKV can handle way more video and audio codecs than MP4, but when it comes to encoding in the same codec, which I gave h.264 for the example, the quality will be better depending on the settings but if same settings were used the quality would be the same, what's so hard to understand Hoogie?

Rez, why the fuck did you also quote only half of my statement? The important part, which says, depending on the settings whithin the codec, you cut out that part, giving my statement completely different meaning, dumbass.
Lancast wrote:A MKV with h264 codec can look better than MP4 with h264 codec if better settings were used, a MP4 with h264 codec can look better than MKV with h264 if better settings were used
That's the full fucking statement, don't change it.
You people are quoting half of my statements giving them completely different meaning, then saying bullshit that I said something I never did and trying to start a new debate? I already said, the if same codec used on both containers, mkv and mp4, same settings used, the quality would be the same, I said that myself, why repeat?
As a video container, MKV has much more posibilities, it's much more powerful than MP4, it's just a superior container. What's more to discuss?
Last edited by Lancast on May 22nd, 2010, 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 22nd, 2010, 4:59 pm

Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 5:00 pm

Haha, thats actually funny :lol:

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » May 22nd, 2010, 5:03 pm

Lancast wrote: MKV can handle H.264
Lancast wrote: MP4 doesn't have
It's really you that stated it wrong but let's just drop it since it's not even the point.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » May 22nd, 2010, 5:05 pm

Rez, why the fuck did you also quote only half of my statement? The important part, which says, depending on the settings whithin the codec, you cut out that part, giving my statement completely different meaning, dumbass.
Why the FUCK are you only paying attention to one part of my post, dumbass.
As a video container, MKV has much more posibilities, it's much more powerful than MP4, it's just a superior container.
O RLY? Name some(other than multiple audio/video/subtitle trakc support). The quality of video can be the same with both file types. Dumbass.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » May 22nd, 2010, 5:09 pm

Hoogie you have some English-related-problems? You either have that or you're too dumb to understand a sentence, besides, I already said before that post that MP4 does work with h264, why would I say something oposite.
Lancast wrote: MKV can handle besides H.264
Besides the H.264 codec which MP4 can also handle,
Lancast wrote:many other video and audio codecs and has many other features that MP4 doesn't have
Meaning, besides the H.264 codec which MP4 can handle, MKV can also handle other video codecs and has other features that MP4 doesn't. What's so hard to understand? Must be a English-related thing, nobody could be that dumb.

@Rez
It's my choice to reply to one part of your post, maybe I felt the other part was useles? That's not as bad as quoting half of someone's sentence and giving their sentence different meaning.
Those features you named just now, and the feature that I named, being able to handle many more advance video and audio codecs which MP4 can't, already makes MKV much more superior. All the scene groups are using MKV for blueray rips, you know why right?
Last edited by Lancast on May 22nd, 2010, 5:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 22nd, 2010, 5:10 pm

omg, Drofder his pic made me fucking lol.

The same shit all over again!
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » May 22nd, 2010, 5:14 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Drofder his pic
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010