High fps maps

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: High fps maps

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 19th, 2010, 1:39 pm

Ofcourse it is.

You're like God.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 19th, 2010, 2:08 pm

The simple fact is, challenging yourself and not making the mapper create the challenge.

If a map can be done entirely in 125 fps, and you choose to do differently then thats up to you, but where is the fun in completing it in easy mode?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 19th, 2010, 2:12 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:The simple fact is, challenging yourself and not making the mapper create the challenge.

If a map can be done entirely in 125 fps, and you choose to do differently then thats up to you, but where is the fun in completing it in easy mode?
True but 90% lies about which FPS they use and it's more enjoyable to finish a map that not that many people can do.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 19th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Hoogie wrote: True but 90% lies about which FPS they use and it's more enjoyable to finish a map that not that many people can do.
Agreed completely. If people have a easy way to cheat, they will. It's as Hoogie said, on custom maps it's more about finishing the map, how you finish it, nobody really cares. You can create a challenge for yourself, your right drofder, but not many people do that, not on custom maps anyway.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » April 19th, 2010, 3:34 pm

Take mp_ib_hq for example, there is the normal way that goes through the entire map, or a super hard 125-333 rpg bounce with a long ass strafe to hit that is about 5 jumps into the map that will shortcut you all the way to the finish. Only the people that don't know about that jump ignore it and complete the map normally. It's because they enjoy the challenge. I can personally vouch for it as well, that I love fps switch bounces. They add more intensity and a much bigger feeling of accomplishment.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 19th, 2010, 4:26 pm

What Soviet said.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » April 19th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Yeah I think custom maps with fps switch bounces are highly enjoyable, but obviously many people can't get up to 333fps. But if there are custom maps with more than 1 path where you only need 125fps to complete the map, that solves the problem really.
-

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 19th, 2010, 4:59 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:Yeah I think custom maps with fps switch bounces are highly enjoyable, but obviously many people can't get up to 333fps. But if there are custom maps with more than 1 path where you only need 125fps to complete the map, that solves the problem really.
Then people would do the 125FPS way claiming they only can get 125 but really they do it with 333 :lol:
This would require 2 endings then xD
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 19th, 2010, 6:11 pm

The point is to stop caring whether or not people cheat. Its about enjoying the map and challenging yourself.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 20th, 2010, 1:49 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:The point is to stop caring whether or not people cheat. Its about enjoying the map and challenging yourself.
It's more enjoyable to make the challenge that less people can make ^^

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » April 21st, 2010, 6:47 am

How is it enjoyable if it requires no extra skill? It just ends up requiring the same amount of skill but only high end computers can make it... it excludes people based on their hardware, not their jumping ability like maps should be determined by.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » April 22nd, 2010, 11:03 am

People lie a lot when someone asks them "What Fps?", "Did you use switch on that bounce?",that's why nobody cares about what fps you use while playing on a server, it can't be proven. What people do care about, is whenever you did a jump with or without rpg if it's possible without because that's something visual.
To be more specific, popular jumpers that are known for their skill when playing on a server like me or dan(on cj#1 for example), can do whatever we want, we can make challenges for ourselves and nobody will care because they know that we can finish the map easily anyway, but unknown jumpers can't make challenges for themselves because people will laugh at them and think that they are noob even if they are good. So what do you think will be more enjoyable for a unknown jumper, finishing a map before most people and people thinking "wow, he is good" or making challenges for himself and being called "noob" on the chat? The challenges might be fun for that jumper, but that jumper would get annoyed too much of others thinking and saying he is shit when he's not. That's what Hoogie is talking about, some people rather do something that others can't, like finish the map asap.

In my opinion people should not aim for making 125 maps anymore since most people can get better fps on custom maps with fullbright and besides, there are more possibilities of making cool jumps with switches than without and if you make a jump that requires rpg and fps switch and it's still hard, then it's a challenge because you can't "cheat" through that jump anyway.
However if someone really wants their map to be 125 fps only and people to use 125 only, why not include a simple script that sets and blocks your fps on 125?

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » April 22nd, 2010, 2:26 pm

in the old days back when i had my old pc, when i first started jumping, i did pretty awesome with 65 fps. I could do some jumps that people didnt think wher epossible with it. The lower fps u can use the better you are. If you practise with 125 fps you will find anything higher easier..
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 22nd, 2010, 2:40 pm

matt101harris wrote:in the old days back when i had my old pc, when i first started jumping, i did pretty awesome with 65 fps. I could do some jumps that people didnt think wher epossible with it. The lower fps u can use the better you are. If you practise with 125 fps you will find anything higher easier..
True, i started with 125 for a while and when i got my new pc i could do almost every 250 and 333 jumps automatically.

But i don't think that this has anything to do with the topic xD

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 22nd, 2010, 3:36 pm

I remember getting to the top of the mountain thing by Alex (Climbing) with only 125 FPS. That was fun.