New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

News will be posted here by the CoDJumper team

Moderator: Core Staff

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: New Project - CoD4 Jump Map Walkthroughs!

Post by Lancast » September 23rd, 2010, 12:14 pm

Lancast wrote:mp_rocket walkthrough
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7W6593VY
Songs used:
The Hives - Tick Tick Boom
Finger Eleven - Paralyzer
Linkin Park - In The End
Still awaiting upload and another walkthrough is on the way(mp_yo) :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 23rd, 2010, 4:16 pm

mp_rocket is now up!

http://codjumper.com/maps/wt.php
^^^ Updated the page to show only the important information.

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 23rd, 2010, 9:47 pm

mp_yo
Link: http://www.filefront.com/17314436/yox.mp4/
Songs used:
Celldweller feat. Styles Of Beyond - Shapeshifter
The Prodigy - You'll be under my wheels
Suni Clay - In A Hood Near You

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 23rd, 2010, 11:03 pm

You're not showing any tips which is pretty much the main point of these videos.
0:45 - Crouch jump
1:30 - Pressing "S"
2:43 - Pressing "S"
5:38 - Wallspeed
6:34 - Wallspeed
6:45 - Wallspeed
7:19 - Wallspeed
7:47 - Wallspeed
8:00 - Wallspeed
8:57 - Crouch jump

Also
1:15 - Don't blow yourself up if it's so easy to avoid it
3:38 - No RPG if you slide up the wall
5:51 - shortcut
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

ultralala
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!
Steam: ultralala

Post by ultralala » September 23rd, 2010, 11:14 pm

Hoogie wrote:You're not showing any tips which is pretty much the main point of these videos.

Also
What about the point getting a life? :mrgreen:
Never saw any Wallspeedtips.
Last edited by ultralala on September 23rd, 2010, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been watching you
A lalalala long
A lalalala long long lee long long long

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 23rd, 2010, 11:17 pm

ultralala wrote:
Hoogie wrote:You're not showing any tips which is pretty much the main point of these videos.

Also
What about the point getting a life? :mrgreen:
Gotta do something while watching a 9min walkthrough :D
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 23rd, 2010, 11:22 pm

0:45 - Crouch jump
1:30 - Pressing "S"
2:43 - Pressing "S"
8:57 - Crouch jump

Also
1:15 - Don't blow yourself up if it's so easy to avoid it
3:38 - No RPG if you slide up the wall
Will take some of these into consideration, however, I honestly don't think that saying "Press S" or any other button is nessesary to say, you see how the jump is performed, I might as well say everytime I do strafe jump, "Do a strafe jump here". Same goes to "Wallspeed", it's not something that needs to be said, you can see clearly when it's used, it's just a technique like strafe or bounce but you don't suggest to say strafe or bounce everytime I do it.
I noticed that I forgot to add Crouch jumps, and those are necessary as sometimes you can't see whenever you crouch or not, however on mp_yo crouch text is added.
The priority on walkthroughs, is to say things that cannot be seen, e.g. FPS. But if you really insist because after all, you and Zaist started this project, I can add things like wallspeeds and other details.
On the rocket walkthrough there are actually three unnecessary RPGs, that's because when I jump on a server, I do jumps in order: any FPS as long as RPG not needed, where on walkthroughs I do it in different order, lowest fps then RPG e.g. 125, if not, 125 rpg, if not, 250, if not, 250 rpg and so on so I make mistakes sometimes. I will in the future be more careful and test jumps before I actually do them.
5:51 shortcut? Oh sorry about that, never realised it was a shortcut, I avoid them on walkthroughs.

Edit:
mp_yo is up!

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Post by x0ozero0x » September 24th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Nice one, yeah i agree with the crouch being added but i' m not sure about wall speed and hold "S", but i guess that's not exactly the point since its a "Walkthrough" so it should cover everything. Huh "5:51 - shortcut" is it? i thought you were supposed to bounce up the rocket then rpg jump to the platform, that's how I've seen everyone else do it. Which is the right way?
Also why do you choose to just 125 rpg bounces that are possible 125 - 333 no rpg? Are you just trying to make it suitable for everyone's computers? :P
And yeah the brightness thing is soo annoying, it looks totally fine in game and in Vegas then looks so dark on Youtube :?

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 24th, 2010, 2:13 pm

I think it's fine but the most important is showing crouch jumps because the idea is like like you said that it's sometimes hard to see when you actually do one. Same about mantle, it's hard to see sometimes but if it's obvious, don't add it. But no matter what, crouch jumps need always to be shown.

Also, I test jumps a lot. I know I'm not the best strafer, so if I do a jump with a RPG and Hoogie told me you can do it without, he just recorded it again. But because you do it on your own it's a bit trickier :P But generally it's not really a big deal if there's one of two jumps in the walkthrough which are shown with RPG but don't need one. Aslong as there aren't a hell of a lot of those.

My order is as follows:

125 FPS > 125 FPS + RPG > 250 FPS > 250 FPS + RPG > 333 FPS > 333 FPS + RPG. Ofcourse FPS switching happens with bounces and they speak for themselves. Also I'm being honest here, I hardly ever use 250 FPS since I prefer strafing with 125 FPS.

But if a whole map is possible to clear with 125 FPS, don't record some jumps with 333 FPS so you can skip one RPG. Not everybody can achieve 333 FPS. But if a map actually requires 333 FPS (Like mp_yo) then too bad for those kind of players since there's nothing we can do about it.

Good music btw, most people pick those overused pussy songs, you don't :)

I liked the first one in particular, not the rapper, but the guy who 'screams' now and then, I guess that guy comes closer to the stuff I listen to ;)

x0ozero0x wrote:Also why do you choose to just 125 rpg bounces that are possible 125 - 333 no rpg? Are you just trying to make it suitable for everyone's computers? :P

If a bounce is possible without switching FPS but with RPG, then that should take priority over 125 > 333 FPS switching without RPG.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 24th, 2010, 2:51 pm

x0ozero0x wrote: Also why do you choose to just 125 rpg bounces that are possible 125 - 333 no rpg? Are you just trying to make it suitable for everyone's computers? :P
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: If a bounce is possible without switching FPS but with RPG, then that should take priority over 125 > 333 FPS switching without RPG.
Yea it's just as zaist said, on walkthroughs the priority is lowest FPS possible(that being 125 the lowest). Everyone should follow the order of FPS zaist said above when making walkthroughs. This makes people with worse computers complain less and it makes them realise that they can still do the jumps, because on jumping servers, the order is usually different "Any FPS as long as no RPG needed"

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 24th, 2010, 2:55 pm

You've gotta update your sig :P

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 24th, 2010, 4:12 pm

Lancast wrote:5:51 shortcut? Oh sorry about that, never realised it was a shortcut, I avoid them on walkthroughs.
Your suppose to jump on all the 'wings' of the rocket and then you have like 2 platforms you skipped.

Wallspeed and "S" ain't obvious for a lot of people. Especially "S". You're making the videos for the people who have trouble with these maps. "Good" jumpers won't need a walkthrough to finish a map after all.
Lancast wrote:mp_yo is up!
- Again, try to avoid blowing yourself up.
- If you need 125-333 fps it might be clearer if you put 125-333 FPS and not quickly switch the text to 333 and then back to 125. People might not watch the FPS during the jump.
- Bullet impact off!!!!!

Nice video tough. Zait made you use one of his songs? :roll:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 24th, 2010, 4:17 pm

Nope, it's his :)

Lancast
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Lancast » September 24th, 2010, 4:21 pm

I think it's better to do it the way I do it with the FPS, change the FPS when it needs to be changed. When you say just e.g. 125-333 FPS then that's wrong, not on all bounces you switch the FPS on the exact moment of the hit, on some bounces you switch later on, on some even before the bounce.
Good advice on blowing myself up, I will avoid that in the future walkthroughs.
About Wallspeed I personaly think that "Wallspeed" is not that needed, as you can cleary see when you're touching the wall but ok, I will include "Wallspeed", things like "Hold S and A or D", "Strafe change in a bounce" and other details in my next walkthroughs, I will just make them more detailed.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » September 24th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Lancast wrote:I think it's better to do it the way I do it with the FPS, change the FPS when it needs to be changed. When you say just e.g. 125-333 FPS then that's wrong, not on all bounces you switch the FPS on the exact moment of the hit, on some bounces you switch later on, on some even before the bounce.
Good advice on blowing myself up, I will avoid that in the future walkthroughs.
About Wallspeed I personaly think that "Wallspeed" is not that needed, as you can cleary see when you're touching the wall but ok, I will include "Wallspeed", things like "Hold S and A or D", "Strafe change in a bounce" and other details in my next walkthroughs, I will just make them more detailed.
Well I dont mean you have to say every button you press but for the tricky jumps you should try to give some advice as "S" isn't a obvious button to press whereas "A" and "D" are.