Knife strafing?

Forum for all kinds of MW2 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Knife strafing?

Post by Rezil » January 4th, 2010, 4:41 am

Drofder2004 wrote: I was playing on Ps3 with brother last night, I am 90% sure I survived a knife, although I cannot remember if it was painkiller or if I was just imagining things (it was late :P)
WHOA WHOA BACK THE FUCK UP.

I thought we were boycotting mw2 or what?
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 4th, 2010, 4:54 am

Rez|l wrote:
Drofder2004 wrote: I was playing on Ps3 with brother last night, I am 90% sure I survived a knife, although I cannot remember if it was painkiller or if I was just imagining things (it was late :P)
WHOA WHOA BACK THE FUCK UP.

I thought we were boycotting mw2 or what?
I don't own a PS3, my brother does. I did not buy the game, my brother did.
Boycott: Refusal to purchase or do 'business' with.

We clear, can we continue?
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » January 4th, 2010, 5:04 am

A boycott is a form of consumer activism involving the act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest.
:P
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » January 4th, 2010, 5:44 am

hey guys, haven't been on the forums in an EXTREMELY long time, mostly due to the decline of CoD and the fact that cs:s has consumed my life (~400 hours in like 5 months).

anyways, i just recently started popping in to check on things out of immense boredom and saw this post, which reminded me of a discovery i made a very long time ago. i meant to share this with you guys a while ago (when cod was still alive :P ) but never got around to making a video to show you what im talking about. what is it that im talking about you ask? a revolutionary kind of strafe jump! well, not exactly, but it is a new kind of jump. roxzor.of.sorts (a fellow forum member and IRL friend) and i found this one fateful night while jumping around in cod4 and made a little discovery, that discovery: the gun switch jump.

basically, you just switch your gun during the run up for your jump, and the time between the switch gives you a speed boost. now, part of the reason we never released this was because we dont exactly know if it works on PC. yes, thats right, i was a nooby console gamer at one point of my life as well (on a side note, and to add to this wall of slightly organized text, uncharted 2 : among thieves has brought me back to the console for a little while, it was one of the best story/adventure games ive ever played, i highly recommend you pick up a copy (but it is a PS3 exclusive)). so, what was i talking about? oh yes, gun switch. there is no evidence to lead me to believe that this won't work on a PC, but who knows. i also have no idea if it works in mw2, but i could really care less, as you all should as well. i dont know how many of you guys are clinging on to the remains of cod4, but if you are, give this a shot. who knows, it might bring a little life back to the cod community, if not for a few moments.

the nice thing about this is that no special settings are required or anything. you can just do it whenever you please. also, i dunno if any ones already discovered this, i have been away for at least a year so i'm not very up to date. so, feel free to test this out, and remember to tell me how it goes. if you want a more in-depth tutorial, well go fuck yourself. its really not hard. one thing to note is that we found it better to switch to your main weapon from your pistol as that takes longer, and the speed boost only occurs during the switching process. also, we found that switching to your RPG possibly slowed you down, but i dont remember if we ever proved that or not.
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 4th, 2010, 3:23 pm

Too my knowledge of the code, gun speed is defined as a percentage:

e.g Heavy guns = 75%, smgs 95%.

Pistols are 100% so there should be no difference in pistol and mid-weapon change.
(The CoDJumper mod makes all guns 100% speed, stock servers have class/weapon based speeds)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » January 4th, 2010, 5:43 pm

try for yourself. i dunno, maybe it doesn't work. but make sure to try it on a stock server. there are always small things that you can easily miss when browsing source code. i know for a fact that it caused us to jump further, and it was such a significant boost that you could tell visually. don't dismiss it before you try it.

i'm trying to think of some reason why this boost could occur in a game engine/physics sense, but my brain is pretty fried from lack of sleep for the past week.

EDIT: Would it be alright with you guys if I made a new topic for this, I'm quite interested in any feedback regarding this.
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 4th, 2010, 6:48 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:Too my knowledge of the code, gun speed is defined as a percentage:

e.g Heavy guns = 75%, smgs 95%.

Pistols are 100% so there should be no difference in pistol and mid-weapon change.
(The CoDJumper mod makes all guns 100% speed, stock servers have class/weapon based speeds)
Slightly off-topic but this is the exact reason why I have a pistol next to my sniper rifle and not some stupid shotgun/SMG because swapping them out takes too long.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » January 4th, 2010, 7:32 pm

I see ur point in this new revolutionary jump, but y keep it here. I think u should deffinently make a video and post a new thread about it. And thanks guys for the comments. I think this could be a new kind of jmp and i look forward to making more videos, also if anyone knows how to record without a camera on x box or consoles please tell me cause they come out shitty with a flip video.
Gaming is the entertainment, glitching provides the action.

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » January 4th, 2010, 9:01 pm

@ runescare,

Do some research on Dazzle capture cards, thats what I hear that most people use to record on consoles.
-

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » January 5th, 2010, 12:07 am

thanks madness ill look that up i hope they dont cost to much. And if i need to i could just record the jumps on pc i have both versions lol. Only problem was that hyper cam wouldnt record over mw2.

Ykarus
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Ykarus » January 5th, 2010, 3:37 am

tbh i didnt read all the comments .. i just looked at the vid -.-

I performed this jump some time ago but without any guy shooting me up... just use the bug with the supports ( u run faster while u hold the nade for support in ya hand) and take the faster running perk. Than its just a simple strafe which also can bring u up ontop of the plan.

Btw i dont know if the "support" bug still works and i cant test it cause i deinstalled the game... but it should not be all to hard for u to make it cause u just need a 5 kill streak if i am right.

I think my Radiant hates me -.-

.|GeR|'> Ykarus: again i cant jump ypur map ...
'Pnin. Designsâ„¢: ship tappens ^^
.|GeR|'> Ykarus: ship tappens...

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 5th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Are you talking about having a care package in your hand to run faster ? That only works for PCs and it has been fixed on all consoles.

So it might be handy for consoles if it really works great.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

runescare
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by runescare » January 5th, 2010, 1:18 pm

i think he was talking bout holding a nade in your hand or something, and yes i know u can get on the plane with no knife jump, but can u do it the second way? from all the way up there. I think that prove sthat u go farther with a knife jump.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 5th, 2010, 4:34 pm

runescare wrote:i think he was talking bout holding a nade in your hand or something
The care package thing is a smoke grenade.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » January 5th, 2010, 9:04 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Are you talking about having a care package in your hand to run faster ? That only works for PCs and it has been fixed on all consoles.

So it might be handy for consoles if it really works great.
No. It is not fixed on the consoles. It works on the 360 as of the time of this post.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me