MW2 Single Player jumps

Forum for all kinds of MW2 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: MW2 Single Player jumps

Post by Soviet » November 18th, 2009, 11:33 pm

Well evidently the opposing side doesn't understand that we've gotten the point with the countless topics about MW2 either. I would be ecstatic if the game was never brought up again, but obviously that is not going to happen so I have to suffice with venting my anger and reinforcing it in the face of obvious ignorance. There are a number of reasons as to why you are not as emotionally involved in the issue as other members of the forum and many of them are perfectly understandable. However, also understand there are many rational reasons why people like KS, Droffy, and I are responding the way we are.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 18th, 2009, 11:46 pm

It DEPENDS on who plays the game.

Play casual, sure go ahead and buy it. Like my father does.

Play competetive... no way... That's why I also didn't get it.

I know most people here play competetively... Now I understand you get annoyed by those. But some people like Jdogg got it as a gift. My father bought it, KS flamed at him. I can understand why he would say that, but you gotta keep in mind how people play this game. He apoligised ofcourse and I didn't felt attacked in any way because I knew why he bought it.

I would get the game and play seriously, matches etc, but for that reason I am not getting it. I might get it much MUCH later but even then the chances of buying it is like 5% since I know they will ask money for DLC and fuck people even more. When that day comes I will probably never think of it again.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » November 18th, 2009, 11:48 pm

madnesslink5 wrote:@Azabael

I thought you left the communitya few days ago, in any case welcome back or if you didn't go.
I kept on reading and I couldn't resist quoting.
I find myself pretty weak, no need to tell me. And thanks, I guess.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 18th, 2009, 11:52 pm

That's not the reason we're degrading people who bought the game. Have you not read a single one of our posts? The idea is standing up to a shitty developer for delivering a game which may very well lower the standards of a lot of the games that we play. By supporting that developer with money, in any way, we are harming our cause and everyone around us who also plays PC games. AKA, a boycott.

People violating the boycott by buying the game are not just wasting their money, they are putting it into a negative cause which harms you, me, and the guy who lives next door. It has nothing to do with what they intend to do with the game, it has to do with the simple fact that they gave money to a group of people responsible for harming each and every one of us. We have no issue with the act of receiving the actual game.
ImageImageImage

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » November 19th, 2009, 12:08 am

Soviet wrote:People violating the boycott by buying the game are not just wasting their money, they are putting it into a negative cause which harms you, me, and the guy who lives next door.
They aren't watsing their mooney if thye like it.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 19th, 2009, 12:12 am

jimbojetuk wrote:
Soviet wrote:People violating the boycott by buying the game are not just wasting their money, they are putting it into a negative cause which harms you, me, and the guy who lives next door.
Good job, you took the one statement in the entire post which you could skew to justify your side and exploited. Wow, you are so right and I am so wrong! How about you read what I'm saying instead of looking for loopholes that I carelessly threw in as an insignificant, relatively unaltering part of my post? :roll:
ImageImageImage

Azabael
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Azabael » November 19th, 2009, 1:09 am

Soviet wrote:That's not the reason we're degrading people who bought the game. Have you not read a single one of our posts? The idea is standing up to a shitty developer for delivering a game which may very well lower the standards of a lot of the games that we play. By supporting that developer with money, in any way, we are harming our cause and everyone around us who also plays PC games. AKA, a boycott.

People violating the boycott by buying the game are not just wasting their money, they are putting it into a negative cause which harms you, me, and the guy who lives next door. It has nothing to do with what they intend to do with the game, it has to do with the simple fact that they gave money to a group of people responsible for harming each and every one of us. We have no issue with the act of receiving the actual game.
You choose to boycott. Others don't. And it actually is important what their reasons are. ie, I play it because I wanted a game to play with one mate of me. We bought it together. We have fun together. That is my goal. That is my reason for not boycotting. You have to respect that too, as much as I respect the fact you do boycott the game. I'm not sacrafising the joy I'm having with a mate, so we MIGHT (big question mark) have another game next time. So you can't expect from people like me to support you in the boycott because the both of us have different standards.

So yes, like you say, in this way I support the developer with money by buying the game. But I am not wasting my money, as already mentioned. But the fact that I harm you and your man next door by buying the game doesn't bother me at all. That would make no sense. And your state that I'm giving money to a group responsible for harming each and every one of us, is therefore also not true. You should understand my reasoning. And if you're not just here to get your right, you might even understand why I all say this. Because when I had the opportunity to choose between dedicated or no dedicated servers, I'd pick dedicated. But my standerds keep me from boycotting. Make the best of the situation. I have better things to do in life than doing a, for me, meaningless boycott.

Like, you know, having fun.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 19th, 2009, 1:40 am

Azabael wrote:You choose to boycott. Others don't. And it actually is important what their reasons are. ie, I play it because I wanted a game to play with one mate of me. We bought it together. We have fun together. That is my goal. That is my reason for not boycotting.
Your goal is fair, your reasons are not justified. You have no idea how good the game is before you buy it, in fact you have reasons to not buy it. Yet you pursue. It is ridiculous to say you bought the game on rational grounds, the grounds you refer to as your standards. Unless you bought your game yesterday, after countless reviews had been published and thousands had praised it, you bought it on the illogical idea that it would be good despite those negative qualities. You bought it because of faith in a company. Your reason for buying was irrational, therefore your perspective is clouded in irrationality, making it void in any debate.
Azabael wrote:You have to respect that too, as much as I respect the fact you do boycott the game. I'm not sacrafising the joy I'm having with a mate, so we MIGHT (big question mark) have another game next time. So you can't expect from people like me to support you in the boycott because the both of us have different standards.
Technically I do not have to respect your decision and I don't. It isn't because I don't hold respect for you, nor do I have a lack of respect for anyone on these forums as far as I can think of. That doesn't mean, however, that I instantaneously respect your judgment. In this instance, as stated above, your view is founded on the buying of the game which occurred before sufficient reviews, no personal experience, and grounds to indicate the game would be taking a negative path.
Azabael wrote:So yes, like you say, in this way I support the developer with money by buying the game. But I am not wasting my money, as already mentioned.
Agreed, as mentioned above. I threw out the word hastily because I assumed everyone was mature enough to understand the point I was getting at, disregarding a meaningless word which had nothing to do with my actual point. I assumed everyone had read at least a few of my walls of text and understood, obviously my assumptions were founded on false grounds.
Azabael wrote:But the fact that I harm you and your man next door by buying the game doesn't bother me at all. That would make no sense.
It makes perfect sense. In buying the game you are supporting the degradation of PC gaming. Since I (and in this scenario the man who lives next door) play PC games, you are supporting harmful action towards our hobby, ruining an activity in which we partake and therefore harming us. The fact that it doesn't bother you just implies you are incredibly selfish.
Azabael wrote:And your state that I'm giving money to a group responsible for harming each and every one of us, is therefore also not true.
There is no statement above to connect this sentence in with the rest. Regardless, I have proven in countless other posts, not through opinion or biased ill founded logic, but solid historical evidence and fundamental economics that IW is inevitably harming PC gaming. If you don't understand that deduction, go back and read some of my previous posts, because there's no point in going through that cyclical argument again.
Azabael wrote:You should understand my reasoning.
I understand your reasoning perfectly, you want to play a game with friends because it is fun. The problem with this is you care only about the fun you have now, not the long term, platform encompassing consequences of your actions.
Azabael wrote:And if you're not just here to get your right, you might even understand why I all say this.
Nice job throwing in that little insult there, was very elegant. Interestingly, if you had read any of my posts you might have noticed that I'm not here to "get my right", rather I am here (in this conversation) to try and preserve the standard of gaming as it was pre-MW2 against all odds.
Azabael wrote:Because when I had the opportunity to choose between dedicated or no dedicated servers, I'd pick dedicated. But my standerds keep me from boycotting. Make the best of the situation. I have better things to do in life than doing a, for me, meaningless boycott.
So you just have low standards? Okay. All boycotts are meaningless if no one supports them, hence me trying to gain support for it :roll:
Azabael wrote:Like, you know, having fun.
I see what you did there, clever. Well, enough of this. I'm off to play my incredibly fun new game L4D2 with some friends.
ImageImageImage

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » November 19th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Why do I get the feeling that all MW2 threads will derail like this one?

Nice jumps, floater! :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » November 19th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Rez|l wrote:Why do I get the feeling that all MW2 threads will derail like this one?

Nice jumps, floater! :)
They won't, after this thread I'll stay out :)
ImageImageImage

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » November 19th, 2009, 9:21 pm

@ Soviet, that was a huge thread all targeted at Azabael lol, but I must agree with most of what you say.
-

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Coontang » December 5th, 2009, 11:41 am

Soviet wrote:
jimbojetuk wrote:
Good job, you took the one statement in the entire post which you could skew to justify your side and exploited. Wow, you are so right and I am so wrong! How about you read what I'm saying instead of looking for loopholes that I carelessly threw in as an insignificant, relatively unaltering part of my post? :roll:
It isnt a loophole. A game is made for enjoyment - agree?

People want games that provide enjoyment - agree?

If a game provides enjoyment people are allowed to play the game - agree?

Call of duty mw 2 provides enjoyment (lots if i may say so) and therefore it shouldnt be looked down upon.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » December 5th, 2009, 6:16 pm

I'm not saying people aren't allowed. I'm simply saying people should consider what they are doing before they do it and the potential repercussions of their actions. Unfortunately, it all comes back to my overarching philosophy: People are stupid. So, against all hope my attempts to make them think failed. The debate is over, idiocy won out over intellect once more.
ImageImageImage

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » December 5th, 2009, 7:12 pm

The reason why I finally gotten it myself:

I was leading a pretty heavy discussion regarding this game on my clan forums. After a couple of pages full of whining, mostly towards me and my thoughts of this game I decided to give in and get it. Why I gave in so easy brings me to the next point:

CoD4 was the last CoD I played pretty hardcore. MW2 is not designed for the hardcore people or the mappers/modders etc (I would probably not get it if I was heavy into mapping). I got it because it'll probably be the last CoD I will play (Pretty much all of my clanmates are waiting for BF Bad Company 2). A factor which plays in is my father who got it, so me and my brother got it so we can play together.

I don't really care much about the CoD series because as it stands now with MW2 competetive gaming is dead, pretty much. MW3 will have the IWnet without a doubt or they admit IWnet is a failure.

Also, I am planning to get into the military again in a couple of months so I honestly stopped caring.

It's a good game, played it more than CoD5 atleast which was awful. But I have to agree that there's too many negative points about this game.

There's hardly any recoil on weapons (The AK47 seems to have the most recoil, a bit like on CoD4, hard to use, but one of the best weapons). Some killstreaks are really overpowered like the AC130 or Chopper Gunner. But with an effective team who got plenty of Stingers they are down pretty fast. The Nuclear Bomb seems pretty insane but in all my games so far only 1 person on the other team has gotten it. I got 11 nukes already spread accross leveling to the max level. It hardly happens. No lean is pretty obvious, I really miss it now I can't play with it. But the thing which pissed me most off are the duel wield shotguns. Seriously overpowered.

Some of the killstreak rewards are really cool. Like calling in an Air Package which gives you a random killstreak reward but doesn't count for your current killstreak count. Most killstreak rewards are very easy to counter. Unless your team sucks you will get dominated by a single heavily armored helicopter for example.

Also, MW2 has the best gametype so far out of all CoD series which is Demolition. A respawn S&D with 2 bombsites you must destroy within a time limit. Really hectic and lots of fun.

The maps are also lots of fun. Only 1 map I don't like. They aren't insanely big, just a nice size. Brecourt has come back aswell which is my favourite map.

During my play-time I only had to leave 2-3 times because of a crap host. It hardly happens because Western Europe is in my case pretty heavy on gamers.

The game is ok, but it could certainly be shitloads better. It's ok for me to play it considering I won't have the time to game as much anymore in a couple of months.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Moustache
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Moustache » December 14th, 2009, 11:39 am

Offtopic ftw?