Help Urgently Please

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Matrix
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Help Urgently Please

Post by Matrix » June 22nd, 2005, 6:25 pm

I was compiling a map for the Launch Ramp for jm_skysv4 Looks good, but For some reason when i compile it with CoDUO Compile (Dont want ppl saying Get CoDUO Compile :wink: ) It says:

** LEAKED **

And it dont give me my BSP,

Can i ask what is a leak and how i can sort this out,
I need it sorting as i have Saved ove jm_SkysV3 by accident

Many Thanks,
Matrix
««§Any Problems with the UO Server Email me at: server4@codjumper.com§»»

Matrix
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by Matrix » June 22nd, 2005, 6:33 pm

This is the script it comes up with:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\uo\maps\mp>cd ..\..\..\uo
tools\bin

C:\Program Files\Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition\UOTools\bin>q3map -game u
o -samplesize 32 ../../uo/maps/mp/jm_skystest
Q3Map v1.2 (c) 2003 Id Software Inc. / Infinity Ward / GMI Studios
---- q3map ----
lightmap sample size is 32x32 units
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\z_bss_customlogo.pk3
(2 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zz_uo_Scope_BlueBolt2
x_v2.pk3 (12 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zz_ServerInfoRC1.pk3
(9 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzz_vehicle_bmw.pk3 (
23 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzz_Rifle_Range.pk3 (
66 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzz_codjumper_noammo.
pk3 (31 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzz_bmw_testmap.pk3 (
14 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzzz_tdm_bolt_only.pk
3 (23 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzzz_rudedogs_message
_center_V1.5.pk3 (11 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\ZzZzZzZz-ColonelCowsC
ustomCoD.bf2bbd95.pk3 (16 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzzZ-SKOM_Realism.pk3
 (90 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zzzZ-MPSH_UO_Weapons_
Mod_1.51.pk3 (79 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zaitwater.pk3 (7 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\zaithouse.pk3 (6 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\w_awe_uo_v2.1beta1_cl
ient.pk3 (53 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\w_aweuo_v2.0_client.p
k3 (53 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\w_aweuo_v2.0beta7_cli
ent.pk3 (47 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\wolfsbane_enforcer_1.
2.5c8a5987.pk3 (10 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\we_extreme_v5.3.pk3 (
473 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\VS-UK_TotalWarSlimPla
yerMod_3_0Beta1.pk3 (38 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\user_mp_Sniperarena.p
k3 (15 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\uonosprint.pk3 (1 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\uomappack00.pk3 (143
files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tribute.pk3 (11 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\test.pk3 (7 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tba_towers.pk3 (11 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tba_team.pk3 (60 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tba_rcon_uo.pk3 (16 f
iles)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tba_drills.pk3 (34 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\tba.pk3 (34 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\riverjump.pk3 (37 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\RDmcUO.pk3 (13 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\platinum_war_mod_weap
ons.pk3 (23 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\platinum_war_mod_clan
_logo2.pk3 (4 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\platinum_war_mod.pk3
(59 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\peds_puzzle_race.pk3
(9 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\peds_f4a.pk3 (9 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\peds_bathroom.pk3 (20
 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo07.pk3 (157 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo06.pk3 (12 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo05.pk3 (3 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo04.pk3 (7646 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo03.pk3 (2275 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo02.pk3 (790 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo01.pk3 (1657 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\pakuo00.pk3 (6233 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\NFBSTraining.pk3 (25
files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_race.pk3 (54 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_ownage.pk3 (7 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_matrix.pk3 (7 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_jump.pk3 (9 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_jump-race.pk3 (7 f
iles)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_canal.pk3 (7 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_aim.pk3 (8 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\mp_1943.pk3 (8 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\MA_AZZEM_beta.pk3 (55
 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\LoD_MoD.pk3 (296 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\LoDMoDUpdate.pk3 (474
 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\LoDClan.pk3 (474 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\LoDAwEuO.pk3 (468 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\LoDAwE.pk3 (474 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jumpville.pk3 (10 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jumping-falls.pk3 (8
files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_wOOp.pk3 (9 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_uzi.pk3 (9 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_skysv3.pk3 (14 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_skys.pk3 (13 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_skys.861a461a.pk3
(13 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\Jm_Rock.pk3 (8 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_rikku.pk3 (8 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_plazma.pk3 (7 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_milestone.pk3 (15
files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_luigi.pk3 (10 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_luigi.618c2c3c.pk3
 (21 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_luigi.172f72f6.pk3
 (21 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_ladder.pk3 (10 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_krime.pk3 (12 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_jump.pk3 (7 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_infiniti.pk3 (6 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_grind2.pk3 (7 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_crispy.pk3 (5 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\jm_coridor.pk3 (8 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\insane_blood_fx.pk3 (
42 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\free_port.pk3 (9 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\dogred_beach.pk3 (81
files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\Dan_JumpV3.pk3 (10 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\cj_wolfsworld.pk3 (29
 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\CJ_HORNET.pk3 (12 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\bss_rifleonlyfinal.pk
3 (7 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\bss_bunkers.pk3 (7 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\Bitch.pk3 (8 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition//uo
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition//Call of Duty
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\tba_rcon_main.pk3 (
25 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\tba_fun.pk3 (5 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\peds_puzzle.pk3 (12
 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\peds_bathroom.pk3 (
20 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pakb.pk3 (60 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\paka.pk3 (41 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak9.pk3 (149 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak8.pk3 (235 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak6.pk3 (3 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak5.pk3 (4858 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak4.pk3 (1668 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak3.pk3 (1992 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak2.pk3 (694 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak1.pk3 (2642 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\pak0.pk3 (12816 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\mp_uo_benouville.pk
3 (47 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\mp_race.pk3 (54 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\mp_jump.pk3 (9 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\jm_wOOp.pk3 (9 file
s)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\jm_rikku.pk3 (8 fil
es)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\jm_plazma.pk3 (7 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\jm_milestone.pk3 (1
5 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\jm_crispy.pk3 (5 fi
les)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\Jmania.pk3 (8 files
)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\DM701.pk3 (8 files)

C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\AmusementPark.pk3 (
10 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition//main
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\localized_english_pak
uo02.pk3 (12 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\uo\localized_english_pak
uo01.pk3 (37 files)
uo00.pk3 (2578 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\localized_english_p
ak5.pk3 (46 files)
C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/\main\localized_english_p
ak3.pk3 (7 files)
ak2.pk3 (9 files)
ak1.pk3 (3736 files)
ak0.pk3 (1204 files)

File Handles:
----------------------
56170 files in pk3 files
Loading map file C:/Program Files/Call of Duty Game of the Year Edition/UOTools/
bin/../../uo/maps/mp/jm_skystest.map
WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/common/clip_item
WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/common/clip_nosight_nothing
WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/common/nodrop
WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/sky/brecourt
WARNING: Couldn't find image for shader textures/common/cushion
******* leaked *******
I thought i should just put it there incase,

Please help me :cry:

Many Thanks,
Matrix
««§Any Problems with the UO Server Email me at: server4@codjumper.com§»»

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 22nd, 2005, 7:13 pm

Leaks are the most common mapping problem and they are easily resolved.

Common leak reasons are:
-No skybox (V. Common)
-Skybox problem (Most common)
-Something going through your skybox
-Something outside your skybox

1. Make sure you have a skybox

2. Make sure your skybox is made correctly

Making a skybox
Make a large cube using 6 individual brushes around your map
Miter the corners to make the cube a perfect fit
Select only the inside walls of the skybox (using CTRL + Shift)
Select the texture you want (or type in manually the sky you want, e.g mp_carentan)
Save and compile

3. Make sure nothing goes through your skybox

4. Make sure your skybox surrounds everything

Check my tutorial on Caulk for help with miter joints.

Here is a quick 2 minute skybox prefab
Download Here
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Plazma
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Plazma » June 22nd, 2005, 7:29 pm

I know people keep saying do your skyboxes with 6 seperate brushes and miter them and such.

If you cant actually see the skybox in your map, or the corners of it anyway, what i do is....

1. Draw a huge box over your map that covers EVERYTHING.
2. Hollow it using the hollow button.
3. Texture it with a sky texture, what i do is press S with it selected then type sky/pathfinder. Thats just your general sky, i use it when testing a map for ease.

This is alot easier especially when making a map, mine always get bigger and i delete/remake the skybox quickly like that.

In the final version you might wanna be more careful with corners etc.
The real question is what is the question?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 22nd, 2005, 7:35 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Delete that...

You just broke the biggest rule in mapping!

Never touch the CSG functions...
hollow, subtract, merge

They are not automatic cutting tools, they are calculators with no sense of maths.
They attempt to calculate the box and cut it, but instead they can cause big errors. They can cut pieces so small, not visible to the human eye which will stop your map from working.

Stop using that hollow tool Plazma, it causes more harm than it does good, making 6 sides, will save haslle and does not take long.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Plazma

Post by Plazma » June 22nd, 2005, 7:54 pm

Meh, i only meant while making and testing a map as its much much faster. I have never had any trouble with it before. And i build everything in my maps with separate sides.
The real question is what is the question?

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 22nd, 2005, 9:03 pm

Plazma wrote:Meh, i only meant while making and testing a map as its much much faster. I have never had any trouble with it before. And i build everything in my maps with separate sides.
Even for testing. Once you use a CSG fundtion and save, you have already done damage. Sometimes the csg will not do harm, but when it does, it can be fatal.

A1tjm
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by A1tjm » June 22nd, 2005, 10:07 pm

I wish I could learn how to map. Seems so complicated though which makes me not want to bother trying.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 22nd, 2005, 10:08 pm

I share your problem...
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » June 23rd, 2005, 3:41 pm

lol drofder - use hollow for skyboxes and subtract for other things all the time :roll:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 23rd, 2005, 6:15 pm

Pedsdude wrote:lol drofder - use hollow for skyboxes and subtract for other things all the time :roll:
No, dont!

Ok, just to get some good old proof. This was posted by an Infinty Ward mapper called Ned over at ModsOnline....
I do, however want to step in and voice my opion o­n CSG Subtract.
It's bad, bad bad bad, don't do it, never do it, we need to remove that button from the tool bar.

It's a habit that I personally would like to see beginners *not* get into the habit of doing.
Using CSG can and may cause *you the mapper* more pain than you may ever know or *realize*.
CSG can and may create unwanted and unneeded splits in your brush work. It can cause more compiler errors than you'll want to try and fix.
The biggest problem with CSG... it's a fast and *easy* way to create openings in walls.

Please take my word (as a so-called Professional mapper) never use it.
Instead, learn to work with your brushes, mold those brushes into the shapes you want.
The Clipper tool is your friend, learn it love it.

And that's all I got to say about that.

Koekie

Post by Koekie » June 23rd, 2005, 6:48 pm

lol, I used it and pressed M (I think) to make the angles align better ><

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 24th, 2005, 1:34 am

.Koek!e' wrote:lol, I used it and pressed M (I think) to make the angles align better ><
M brings up the map info :roll:.

Koekie

Post by Koekie » June 24th, 2005, 12:31 pm

I meant V :oops:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » June 24th, 2005, 6:16 pm

.Koek!e' wrote:I meant V :oops:
ermmm, V brings up the vertices manipulation (green dots) so you can edit individual corners by draggin them.